• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Occasionally the forum category pages are not showing any styles (gen discussion, etc).  I am using the red theme.  I tried changing my theme to white, but the change theme button doesn't appear to be working either.

Is this an issue, or is Matt working on things?  It happened a few weeks ago and I was going to post but by the time I wrote a post it was fixed.  Now it's back, on a different computer none the less.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#2 Xitium

Xitium

Super Lurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm getting the same thing.

Chrome browser.

Here is a pic of what it looks like to me.

7ck0Y.png

If you start a new thread within two hours after a Wings game, specifically a loss, YOU ARE WRONG.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

This has been coming and going for the past couple weeks.

What I have found that can affect it is:

• Not being logged in
  • Moving between sub-forums (e.g. General Discussion, Water Cooler, Prospects Watch, etc.)
  • Theme Color....usually one or the other will work.

Currently the only way to change the theme color is to be in a topic (unless it's working), like this one.  Otherwise clicking "Change Theme" will just send you to the top of the page.

Edited by drumnj, 07 January 2013 - 12:26 PM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#4 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

This is a known problem and there's currently a support ticket in for it. I've been working on it for the last few days. (The issues appear to have cropped up following a software upgrade on 12/28.) If you find any other issues please post them here (with screenshots, ideally.)

#5 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

This has been coming and going for the past couple weeks.

What I have found that can affect it is:

• Not being logged in
  • Moving between sub-forums (e.g. General Discussion, Water Cooler, Prospects Watch, etc.)
  • Theme Color....usually one or the other will work.

Currently the only way to change the theme color is to be in a topic (unless it's working), like this one.  Otherwise clicking "Change Theme" will just send you to the top of the page.

Please report these as soon as you come across them. I've found the that stylesheet issues occur whether you're logged in or not, but it's always different pages in these instances. (And it is not limited to Chrome.)

I'm getting the same thing.

Chrome browser.

Here is a pic of what it looks like to me.

#6 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

I actually took like 15 screenshots last week then it went away, so I didn't save them.  The other problem I have noticed is attempting to login from the home page, you end up on a blank page.  Don't remember if it was a 404 or not.  But I think the URL it redirected to was http://www.letsgowings.com/user/login or something to that affect.  I came across that while I was trying to fix this.

I think the pages were actually working for me when I logged out.  I believe the forum default is the white theme, which guest viewers see.  Which is actually why I was trying to change to the white theme to see if it fixed it.  Seems like the javascript isn't executing on click, and the # anchor defaults to the top of the page.  I couldn't get it to work on any page, drum.

Edited by rrasco, 07 January 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#7 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

You'll get the login error on the front page of the site because it's not forum-related. It's run by a different content management system and is completely separate until I get the databases between the two bridged. The user/pass login box on the front page of the site (right now) is for me and other staff to review and work within the updated main site that's getting developed.

I never had the stylesheet problems until the 28th, when the update was performed. The support ticket should fix this, once I get a reply. It's a long list of errors and information that myself and other members have gathered that I posted.

#8 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Ah, gotcha.  Cool.

Anyways, the styles are working right now.  Hopefully they get it sorted out soon.

#9 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

The funny thing is that I haven't done anything yet -- I'm waiting until I get a response from the support team, as they should take care of the issue. That's the frustrating part, it seems to appear randomly for set periods, then changes.

#10 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,124 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:51 PM

Have you noticed a problem with the skyscrapers on the right?  Mine has been wrapping underneath the banner in the footer as well.  I can screenshot if need be.

Edited by rrasco, 07 January 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#11 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Have you noticed a problem with the skyscrapers on the right?  Mine has been wrapping underneath the banner in the footer as well.  I can screenshot if need be.

Yes, I have. It occurs randomly, too. Awaiting to see if the support ticket resolves it or to see if the error is with an ad campaign, since nothing on the site changed except for the software update. There may have been some other changes to the default template (which you guys don't see), requiring that I copy it and adapt it to the red/white themes.

#12 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Started a couple minutes ago.

Went from red theme to white = fixed

Switched back to red = broken

Just an FYI

Edited by drumnj, 09 January 2013 - 02:01 AM.

Your any-time FSD online source, with pre and post game coverage along with any Red Wings specials.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#13 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

First: Perform a hard reload of the site by clearing your browser's cache or just pressing Ctrl+F5 (PC) or Cmd+R (Mac). That should (hopefully) solve your display issues.

Second: I performed a database update this afternoon that should solve the editor and javascript issues.

If you continue to have errors after this please let me know! I'm planning on re-making the Red/White templates based of the newest default version that came with the 12/28 update, but would like to know if the errors continue on the original templates anyway. (The updated templates wouldn't look any different from this one.)

#14 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

hey Matt. I have cleared all cache and cookies and everything and it is still not working.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#15 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Ya just had it break, but moved to the Red theme and all is well again.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#16 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

The updated templates have been released! Clear your browser caches! (Ctrl+F5) They'll look just like the old ones, but ALL pages should load correctly.

#17 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

What does this mean? I think it's shows up randomly where ads are:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, root@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache/2.2 Server at www.letsgowings.com Port 80

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#18 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,084 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Old, broken links. They've been repaired!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users