• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan19

Mike Babcock Talks Wings Defence on the Fan 590

Rate this topic

Good to see there is going to be some competition for playing time, should make everyone step up their play. I'm only 23 so I've lucked out rooting for the Red Wings. As upset I was about the lock out I was sort of relieved I didn't have to see the blue line with no Lidstrom. Hopefully it won't be so bad, I trust Babcock being able to take care of it.

Yes, you can always have your offense help to relieve the blow/workload on the defense but to what extent you're able to do it relies on your players and system. Currently, if we were an offensive powerhouse I wouldn't see any problems with pushing a winger back and playing another left wing lock system but we're not that offensively talented or a threat (at least in my eyes, we certainly still don't have a reliable shooter). When we rely on role players to help put up points and win games, we can't afford to throw offensive players on the back end. I trust babs, and I know he'll know how to work with this team more than I can possibly imagine because he has that experience. Luckily, we have plenty of two way players that are dedicated to both sides of the ice and normally play this way. It's just making sure that they stick with it and enforcing the style.