• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

"I will need to read the new agreement" Kovalchuk told the paper.  "Not in a hurry to get to America.  Time will tell (if I stay in the KHL).  Nothing is out of the question."

The article also mentions Datsyuk, but pashas agent says he will return when the deal is ratified.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413051

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#2 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Funny how the guy who signed the contract that more or less sent the s*** into the fan now wants to avoid the league. I can't even wrap my brain around that.

I figured Pav would come back. I couldn't picture him staying put, he's not like that. Not that guys like Kovy or Ovie are evil trators but that just ain't Pavel's style to ditch on his deal and his team.

#3 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

I've seen multiple mentions of KHL clubs preparing to offer BIG money to keep NHL players through the season. Would they dare break the transfer agreement they have with the NHL? I'm not so sure that they wouldn't for players like Kovy or Ovechkin.

#4 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

The funny thing is that Kovalchuk can definitely get more money to play in the KHL.

#5 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

I've seen multiple mentions of KHL clubs preparing to offer BIG money to keep NHL players through the season. Would they dare break the transfer agreement they have with the NHL? I'm not so sure that they wouldn't for players like Kovy or Ovechkin.

Why wouldn't they. It's not like the NHL doesn't break agreements.

I don't blame them. I would rather play in a league not commissioned by Bettman for a lot less money than one that is

#6 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

They could use the Radulov thing that happened last year as an excuss.  They weren't very happy about him being aloud to play last year with Nashville, although they stole him first with one year left on his NHL deal.  I think if KOVY wants to stay they will let him.

#7 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

They could use the Radulov thing that happened last year as an excuss.  They weren't very happy about him being aloud to play last year with Nashville, although they stole him first with one year left on his NHL deal.  I think if KOVY wants to stay they will let him.

If they won't let Visnosvky stay, Kovy definitely won't be allowed.  What happens, we will see...

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#8 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

If they won't let Visnosvky stay, Kovy definitely won't be allowed.  What happens, we will see...

Why? My bet if KHL had to pick they would rather keep Kovalchuk.

#9 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I meant the NHL.  Vague reference, my bad.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#10 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

I could care less. Keep him if you want. Just give me back Pasha!

#11 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

If there is enough Russian/Eastern European NHL talent, and the high end variety at that, who want to stay for the big rubles in the KHL, there's every bit of chance that the teams start dishing money out hand over fist.  It would be up to the IIHF then to block transfer cards allowing those players to stay in the KHL, that is unless the KHL as a league decides to tell the IIHF "screw you" & leave the IIHF.  They have threatened to do that before over smaller fish like Radulov.  The stakes will be much higher if it's for the likes of Kovy & Ovie.

Edit: The fly in the ointment if the KHL did go the route of dropping out of the IIHF like that might mean them blocking KHL players from the Olympics I would imagine.  Wonder if that would be the same case though if they stayed in the IIHF for now & just failed to come to a transfer agreement with the NHL in June when the old one expires.

Edited by ogreslayer, 08 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#12 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

That'd be a terrible blow to the Devils.  Between him and Parise they will have lost two of their top three scorers.

Combined they had 68 goals and 152 points last season. 

And Zajac, Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson are all UFA's at the end of the season.  

#13 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

That'd be a terrible blow to the Devils.  Between him and Parise they will have lost two of their top three scorers.

Combined they had 68 goals and 152 points last season. 

And Zajac, Elias, Zubrus and Clarkson are all UFA's at the end of the season.  

Ya no kidding they would be totally screwed.

#14 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

apparently khl pushing for dats too. i know his agent said he'll be back. sucks having this happened. i feel like dats would've signed another 1-2 yrs if it wasn't for the.lockout and getting.to play in the homeland. anyways here's from hfb

Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud

Hearing talk from Russia, that oil and natural gas magnates who own SKA and CSKA will look into ways of keeping Kovalchuk, Datsyuk.

in the same sense though bill daly also said the khl stated they would honor all nhl contracts

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#15 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

apparently khl pushing for dats too. i know his agent said he'll be back. sucks having this happened. i feel like dats would've signed another 1-2 yrs if it wasn't for the.lockout and getting.to play in the homeland. anyways here's from hfb

Slava Malamud @SlavaMalamud

Hearing talk from Russia, that oil and natural gas magnates who own SKA and CSKA will look into ways of keeping Kovalchuk, Datsyuk.

in the same sense though bill daly also said the khl stated they would honor all nhl contracts

I'm not happy about this s***. Has Dats played this week for CSKA? I just saw that Kovie played TODAY for SKA. 

And this Visnovsky stuff....haha....Garth Snow probably did give him permission to stay, he's the worst GM in the league and probably thought he could give him a permission slip on a napkin and it was all good. 

#16 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

As long as Pavs comes back Kovy and Ovie can stay as long as they want in the KHL.

#17 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

From what I've been hearing lately it seems both want.to play for the all-star game. They may be pushing to play in the all-star game and then heading back to their respective team.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#18 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,695 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

It'd be a real shame if Kovalchuk went to another league to under perform rather than not living up to his contract here in the NHL.  Boo hoo.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#19 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

It'd be a real shame if Kovalchuk went to another league to under perform rather than not living up to his contract here in the NHL.  Boo hoo.

The contract he signed won't be honored by his employers.

#20 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

They can keep Kovalchuk, as long as they give Yashin back to the NHL.  

:lol:

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.