• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Kovalchuk says he may stay in KHL

Rate this topic

Does anyone not think it's weird that Holland calls Smith on Sunday,pulls him from the Griffins game that day, and tells him to come to Detroit. Yet Datsyuk won't get on a plane until the deal's ratified?

Is he playing during this time in Russia. If so, how much would it suck if he got injured?

Edit: I know taking a cruise to Detroit from Grand Rapids is not like Flying across three continents. But if It's portant enough to pull Smith in from GRs even though he's helping them win (which is good for The Wings) why on earth is Datsyuk staying in Russia for the extra few days? Where are Brunner and Zetterberg?

Edited by rick zombo

I swear if we are going to lose Pasha because of this lockout, I'd be done with this poor excuse of af a national hockey league.

Kovy mentioned before he wouldn't accept a paycut and why should he? He has signed the contract in good faith if others can break contracts, so can he. Devils offense will be pretty much non existent there guys are going to be Zubrus, Elias and Clarksson, Marty 1 year older and financial trouble hardly something to look forward.

I swear if we are going to lose Pasha because of this lockout, I'd be done with this poor excuse of af a national hockey league.

Kovy mentioned before he wouldn't accept a paycut and why should he? He has signed the contract in good faith if others can break contracts, so can he. Devils offense will be pretty much non existent there guys are going to be Zubrus, Elias and Clarksson, Marty 1 year older and financial trouble hardly something to look forward.

We aren't. He said he's staying until the new CBA is officially ratified.

Guest Johnz96

I wouldn't go back. There's more money for them there, they're at home, no lockouts and best of all no Bettman.

Their contracts have already been broken, he's not breaking anything.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2338700" data-time="1357703303"><p>

They can keep Kovalchuk, as long as they give Yashin back to the NHL. <br />

<br />

:lol:</p></blockquote>

Nice! Pavs and Yakupov seem to be the ones who like the NHL, eh.

Guest Crymson
Weird. Ovechkin was seemingly the most vocal about never returning.

I get the feeling that Ovechkin loves the fast-paced intensity of the NHL.

Does anyone not think it's weird that Holland calls Smith on Sunday,pulls him from the Griffins game that day, and tells him to come to Detroit. Yet Datsyuk won't get on a plane until the deal's ratified?

Is he playing during this time in Russia. If so, how much would it suck if he got injured?

Edit: I know taking a cruise to Detroit from Grand Rapids is not like Flying across three continents. But if It's portant enough to pull Smith in from GRs even though he's helping them win (which is good for The Wings) why on earth is Datsyuk staying in Russia for the extra few days? Where are Brunner and Zetterberg?

Datsyuk is in Russia with his daughter. Smith was playing an hour down the road from Detroit.

I wouldn't go back. There's more money for them there, they're at home, no lockouts and best of all no Bettman.

Their contracts have already been broken, he's not breaking anything.

Same here if you can play in your homeland, infront of your loved ones and not having to think about lockout every 5 years and make more money, it is a wise decision.

Pasha at this point can do whatever he wants, he has given me years of joy watching his magic on the ice, first class athlete if he wants to stay in the KHL it wouldn't even hold it against him. His Co GM called him cattle, owners broke contracts so why shouldn't players.

Guest RedWingsDad
Same here if you can play in your homeland, infront of your loved ones and not having to think about lockout every 5 years and make more money, it is a wise decision.

Pasha at this point can do whatever he wants, he has given me years of joy watching his magic on the ice, first class athlete if he wants to stay in the KHL it wouldn't even hold it against him. His Co GM called him cattle, owners broke contracts so why shouldn't players.

Oh good grief... get off the cattle thing already. I think Datsyuk is smart enough to understand the context of Jimmy D's comments and not hold a personal grudge.

I would hold it against Dats if he stayed in Russia; he signed a contract and he would be severely letting down the Red Wings organization who has given him so much.

Guest RedWingsDad
This is about Kovalchuk, right?

It was, but if you read through the thread you will see people have been talking about Yashin, Yakupov, Dats, Ovy, Smith, etc... kind of morphed into generally talking about players staying in the KHL, or not.

Pavel Lysenkov @plysenkov

Originally Posted by Ilya Kovalchuk will play KHL All Stars game in Chelyabinsk (12-13 Jan). It's official: http://www.khl.ru/news/2013/1/9/57152.html

Pavel Lysenkov @plysenkov

Originally Posted by Now my bet - Kovalchuk will stay in KHL. Minimum - till the end of this season. Big war with NHL?

Pavel Lysenkov @plysenkov Shalaev: "The CBA will not be signed until Sunday. So Kovalchuk no employment relationship with the NHL, and he is going to Chelyabinsk".

Pavel Lysenkov @plysenkov Shalaev: "We are disappointed that all the other NHL stars were quick to go to North America".

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice Lou Lamoriello said Ilya Kovalchuk did not ask Devils for permission to play in KHL all-star game.

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice Lamoriello said start date of camp (almost definitely Sunday) is not official yet, so "I'm not getting into anything."

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice Lamoriello on whether he expects Kovalchuk to be at 1st day of camp: "I have no knowledge of him not being here."

Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice Lamoriello on Kovalchuk: “I’m just going with the same that I have no reason to believe he won’t be here.”

@SlavaMalamud: KHL Prez Medvedev to SportsDaily.ru: New CBA may be basis for terminating existing contracts, some players will stay.

@SlavaMalamud: More Medvedev. "NHL's opinion of itself is so high... OK, let them get drunk on their greatness. We'll see how many Euros look our way"

@SlavaMalamud: And more Medvedev. "Our league will act according to our own and international rules. If players decide to stay, we will help them."

@SlavaMalamud: And more Medvedev, who is winning the internet tonight: "There is no reason to fear (IIHF's sanctions against players who decide to stay)"

@TGfireandice: On Medvedev comments of KHL possibly challenging NHL contracts, Bill Daly said "We have no response. We will see what happens." Edit: New quotes

@SlavaMalamud: "Number of players have either decided to stay or are looking into it.. Can't divulge their names, will cause speculation" - Medvedev, again

@SlavaMalamud: "Some players asked their NHL teams to stay for the (KHL) All-Star Game, but were denied. The selfishness is understandable" - Medvedev

Edited by evilzyme

Guest RedWingsDad
@SlavaMalamud: KHL Prez Medvedev to SportsDaily.ru: New CBA may be basis for terminating existing contracts, some players will stay.

@SlavaMalamud: More Medvedev. "NHL's opinion of itself is so high... OK, let them get drunk on their greatness. We'll see how many Euros look our way"

@SlavaMalamud: And more Medvedev. "Our league will act according to our own and international rules. If players decide to stay, we will help them."

@SlavaMalamud: And more Medvedev, who is winning the internet tonight: "There is no reason to fear (IIHF's sanctions against players who decide to stay)"

@TGfireandice: On Medvedev comments of KHL possibly challenging NHL contracts, Bill Daly said "We have no response. We will see what happens." Edit: New quotes

@SlavaMalamud: "Number of players have either decided to stay or are looking into it.. Can't divulge their names, will cause speculation" - Medvedev, again

@SlavaMalamud: "Some players asked their NHL teams to stay for the (KHL) All-Star Game, but were denied. The selfishness is understandable" - Medvedev

Medvedev sounds like a slime ball, desperately waging a deceptive PR battle to try and sway NHL players to stay.

"Number of players have either decided to stay or are looking into it.. Can't divulge their names, will cause speculation"

Clever rhetoric, very subjective. All players referenced could be just 'looking into it'... which could mean anything. Of course, he could just be making the 'number of players' up entirely... trying to spring board off of Kovy to make players think it is a growing movement in the hopes that they will be swayed to jump on the imaginary bandwagon.

Edited by RedWingsDad

Medvedev sounds like a slime ball, desperately waging a deceptive PR battle to try and sway NHL players to stay.

"Number of players have either decided to stay or are looking into it.. Can't divulge their names, will cause speculation"

Clever rhetoric, very subjective. All players referenced could be just 'looking into it'... which could mean anything. Of course, he could just be making the 'number of players' up entirely... trying to spring board off of Kovy to make players think it is a growing movement in the hopes that they will be swayed to jump on the imaginary bandwagon.

Guy sounds like a real d-bag.

Guest Johnz96
Oh good grief... get off the cattle thing already. I think Datsyuk is smart enough to understand the context of Jimmy D's comments and not hold a personal grudge.

I would hold it against Dats if he stayed in Russia; he signed a contract and he would be severely letting down the Red Wings organization who has given him so much.

The way I see it is more like this. The Red Wings organization signed a contract and has severely let down Pasha who has given them so much.

The way I see it is more like this. The Red Wings organization signed a contract and has severely let down Pasha who has given them so much.

Please explain this? He still gets his money....The players pretty much got what they wanted on this CBA....so I am really lost on your anti nhl/red wings comments and the reason why dats should stay in the khl. I guess the question needs to be asked as well...if you hate the league and the wings so much why are you still posting on here?

Not that I care if you are on here or anything. Just curious.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Guest Johnz96
Please explain this? He still gets his money....The players pretty much got what they wanted on this CBA....so I am really lost on your anti nhl/red wings comments and the reason why dats should stay in the khl. I guess the question needs to be asked as well...if you hate the league and the wings so much why are you still posting on here?

Not that I care if you are on here or anything. Just curious.

I love the Wings.

I love hockey. Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to the sport and I want us to do whatever we can to get rid of him. He is the epitome of all the bad things people say about lawyers and politicians. Machiavellian is a perfect word to describe his management of the league. He is a text book case of the Napoleon Complex.

Pasha has entertained us, he has given us a Cup and has accepted a lot less to play for the Wings than he could have got on the open market. Essentialy he has paid millions of dollars (money he could have had) to play here. He has given us memories. And now they will pay him even less than what they signed him for (already a huge discount)

Edited by Johnz96

You're acting like the Red Wings organization personally was responsible for the lockout and what happened during the lockout. The Wings is simply one of the thirty franchises that were apart of the lockout, it wasn't anything that personally the Red Wings organization did to Pavel. Would I be mad as hell at Pavel if he didn't come back? Hell yeah, I love the man and want to see more of him, but then there's the actual reality side of it. He gets to see his daughter and wife daily now, he gets to be apart of their lives all while still playing the game he loves. His wife and daughter get to see the magic he displays on the ice live, his daughter gets to see her daddy play in front of their home country. He wanted his wife and daughter to stay in Russia so his daughter still got to grow up with the culture of Russia... so the family wouldn't lose it's heritage. I think that's amazing, and quite frankly it would be hard to pull me away from my family, unfortunately i've already gone through that enough with deployments. It blows, but then it comes down to the business of it. You signed that contract, just as I signed mine. When you're told to go somewhere, or you're expected to do something, you fulfill it.

Guest Johnz96
You're acting like the Red Wings organization personally was responsible for the lockout and what happened during the lockout. The Wings is simply one of the thirty franchises that were apart of the lockout, it wasn't anything that personally the Red Wings organization did to Pavel. Would I be mad as hell at Pavel if he didn't come back? Hell yeah, I love the man and want to see more of him, but then there's the actual reality side of it. He gets to see his daughter and wife daily now, he gets to be apart of their lives all while still playing the game he loves. His wife and daughter get to see the magic he displays on the ice live, his daughter gets to see her daddy play in front of their home country. He wanted his wife and daughter to stay in Russia so his daughter still got to grow up with the culture of Russia... so the family wouldn't lose it's heritage. I think that's amazing, and quite frankly it would be hard to pull me away from my family, unfortunately i've already gone through that enough with deployments. It blows, but then it comes down to the business of it. You signed that contract, just as I signed mine. When you're told to go somewhere, or you're expected to do something, you fulfill it.

That contract he signed isn't being honored