• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Kovalchuk says he may stay in KHL

Rate this topic

You're acting like the Red Wings organization personally was responsible for the lockout and what happened during the lockout. The Wings is simply one of the thirty franchises that were apart of the lockout, it wasn't anything that personally the Red Wings organization did to Pavel. Would I be mad as hell at Pavel if he didn't come back? Hell yeah, I love the man and want to see more of him, but then there's the actual reality side of it. He gets to see his daughter and wife daily now, he gets to be apart of their lives all while still playing the game he loves. His wife and daughter get to see the magic he displays on the ice live, his daughter gets to see her daddy play in front of their home country. He wanted his wife and daughter to stay in Russia so his daughter still got to grow up with the culture of Russia... so the family wouldn't lose it's heritage. I think that's amazing, and quite frankly it would be hard to pull me away from my family, unfortunately i've already gone through that enough with deployments. It blows, but then it comes down to the business of it. You signed that contract, just as I signed mine. When you're told to go somewhere, or you're expected to do something, you fulfill it.

well said!

Guest Johnz96
well said!

Too bad it's not true. The Wings organization has broken that contract.

I love the Wings.

I love hockey. Bettman is the worst thing to ever happen to the sport and I want us to do whatever we can to get rid of him. He is the epitome of all the bad things people say about lawyers and politicians. Machiavellian is a perfect word to describe his management of the league. He is a text book case of the Napoleon Complex.

Pasha has entertained us, he has given us a Cup and has accepted a lot less to play for the Wings than he could have got on the open market. Essentialy he has paid millions of dollars (money he could have had) to play here. He has given us memories. And now they will pay him even less than what they signed him for (already a huge discount)

i disagree with that part. at the time the contract was signed back in 07-08 i think he was given a market value contract at the time it was signed. he was the second highest paid wing behind lidstrom at the time

Too bad it's not true. The Wings organization has broken that contract.

no they didn't.

all standard player contracts are subject to any changes that a new cba brings

Edited by chances14

Guest Johnz96
i disagree with that part. at the time the contract was signed back in 07-08 i think he was given a market value contract at the time it was signed. he was the second highest paid wing behind lidstrom at the time

no they didn't.

all standard player contracts are subject to any changes that a new cba brings

Yeah and a confession is a confession, even when it's forced through torture. Oh I should have mentioned unappreciative fans.

He could have got a lot more if he went on the open market

Edited by Johnz96

Totally agree that the Wings should have given Dats permission to play in the KHL All-Star game if he requested it. WTF Does Pavel Freaking Datsyuk have to show up for the first couple days of training camp for, when hes been playing his ass off for months in Russia while many of his teammates sat on the couch (yes, I'm talking to you, Franzen)??

Pavel Lysenkov@plysenkov

Kovalchuk, Burke... Can I make one more BREAKING NEW? Pavel Datsyuk will play on KHL All Stars Game in Chelyabinsk (12-13 Jan).

Pavel Lysenkov@plysenkov

Why I am sure? Datsyuk said so. And give me his 6 hockey sticks (overweight of luggage). Told take it to Chelyabinsk. pic.twitter.com/SE6e76ow

Totally agree that the Wings should have given Dats permission to play in the KHL All-Star game if he requested it. WTF Does Pavel Freaking Datsyuk have to show up for the first couple days of training camp for, when hes been playing his ass off for months in Russia while many of his teammates sat on the couch (yes, I'm talking to you, Franzen)??

Because when you run a franchise you need to set standards. When you represent your franchise and you're wearing the "A" you need to be the role model. It can go both ways, should the franchise allow him to play in the all-star game in front of his country? Absolutely! Unfortunately, if they did that, then they would have to allow any player that wanted to do something that weekend also. He's an leader on this team, and he needs to project a character that should be emulated by all. It wouldn't be fair for the franchise to give exceptions to one player, regardless if there were a superstar or not, and not give the exception to another. Also, they have a 5-6 day training camp, in which this franchise especially needs the time to get adjusted with one another and set up. Oh, and the fact that he's been playing on international ice along with many of our other players for the past 3 months, there will be an adjustment period regardless of skill, no doubt about it.

Pavel Lysenkov@plysenkov

Kovalchuk, Burke... Can I make one more BREAKING NEW? Pavel Datsyuk will play on KHL All Stars Game in Chelyabinsk (12-13 Jan).

Pavel Lysenkov@plysenkov

Why I am sure? Datsyuk said so. And give me his 6 hockey sticks (overweight of luggage). Told take it to Chelyabinsk. pic.twitter.com/SE6e76ow

Well then. As long as he comes back, doesn't bother me if he plays in the All-Star game.

I will note I find it odd how people actually want to play in the KHL All-Star game but nobody wants to when the NHL has one.

Edited by rrasco

Well then. As long as he comes back, doesn't bother me if he plays in the All-Star game.

I will note I find it odd how people actually want to play in the KHL All-Star game but nobody wants to when the NHL has one.

It may be because this will be sort of a last hurrah for the guys playing over there, getting to say farewell to the fans.

Whereas the all star game in the NHL means you don't get precious days off in the middle of a grueling season.

Because when you run a franchise you need to set standards. When you represent your franchise and you're wearing the "A" you need to be the role model. It can go both ways, should the franchise allow him to play in the all-star game in front of his country? Absolutely! Unfortunately, if they did that, then they would have to allow any player that wanted to do something that weekend also. He's an leader on this team, and he needs to project a character that should be emulated by all. It wouldn't be fair for the franchise to give exceptions to one player, regardless if there were a superstar or not, and not give the exception to another. Also, they have a 5-6 day training camp, in which this franchise especially needs the time to get adjusted with one another and set up. Oh, and the fact that he's been playing on international ice along with many of our other players for the past 3 months, there will be an adjustment period regardless of skill, no doubt about it.

Yes. Franchise need to set standards. "We will try to accomodate our players if at all possible" is a good standard to set. If Pavel truly wants to play in KHL All Stars game then Wings have more to lose by denying him. This game is week before the NHL season starts. It is plenty of time given that he is in mid-season form already.

It may be because this will be sort of a last hurrah for the guys playing over there, getting to say farewell to the fans.

Whereas the all star game in the NHL means you don't get precious days off in the middle of a grueling season.

I agree, just something interesting I thought I would point out.

The agent for Detroit Red Wings superstar Pavel Datsyuk says he will soon be back in Detroit.
Gary Greenstin told the Free Press that Datsyuk, who has been playing for CSKA Moscow in his native Russia during the lockout, has the OK from the Wings to play in this weekend's KHL All-Star festivities in Chelyabinsk, which isn't far from Datsyuk's hometown of Yekaterinburg.

Freep

Good on the Wings for doing the right thing here! Op...change the thread title please

Freep

Good on the Wings for doing the right thing here! Op...change the thread title please

makes me feel a thousand times better about the situation. atleast he got the green-light from the franchise and went about it the right way. good on you pasha, now sign a 2-yr extension.

When I initially read that tweet about Dats staying in Russia to play in the all star game it made me reeeeeeeeally nervous, so glad to know that he went about it the right way. I'm kind of ashamed of myself for thinking the worst, as he's been nothing but a class act since he's been here...

Yeah and a confession is a confession, even when it's forced through torture. Oh I should have mentioned unappreciative fans.

He could have got a lot more if he went on the open market

except these players are being paid millions to play a game that most would play for free. such torture

every player should know that their contract is likely to change when a new cba arrives. why do you think that parise and suter got a ton of signing bonus money? because signing bonus money isn't subject to a new cba and because they knew that their contracts were going to be changed.

There is no way that datsyuk would have gotten "a lot more" on the open market in 2007 especially as he was considered a playoff choker up until that point. in fact, a lot of people thought that holland overpaid big time even on this board. http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/41642-datsyuk-signs-7-year-469m-contract-extension/

although it's easy to say that he would have gotten more on the open market now that we have seen him play over the last 6 years

Edited by chances14

except these players are being paid millions to play a game that most would play for free. such torture

every player should know that their contract is likely to change when a new cba arrives. why do you think that parise and suter got a ton of signing bonus money? because signing bonus money isn't subject to a new cba and because they knew that their contracts were going to be changed.

There is no way that datsyuk would have gotten "a lot more" on the open market in 2007 especially as he was considered a playoff choker up until that point. in fact, a lot of people thought that holland overpaid big time even on this board. http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/41642-datsyuk-signs-7-year-469m-contract-extension/

although it's easy to say that he would have gotten more on the open market now that we have seen him play over the last 6 years

wow just reading some of those posts in that thread..hahahah if we only knew. hahaha.....Big Bert over Dats!?!?! really!?!? hahaha

wow just reading some of those posts in that thread..hahahah if we only knew. hahaha.....Big Bert over Dats!?!?! really!?!? hahaha

I know right. My favourites were, if Dats gets over 5.5 I'll be pissed. He isn't worth anywhere near 7 a year. He can't even play in the playoffs. I feel like going back to the past and slapping everyone (including myself) and showing them highlight videos of what will become of Datsyuk. A few people had faith in him, which was great to see :)

Most of us play for free because nobody would pay money to see us play. If anything, professional athletes earn their money in rather transparent manner compared to other occupations, which pull similar incomes. They get paid because people pay to see them play.

Most of us play for free because nobody would pay money to see us play. If anything, professional athletes earn their money in rather transparent manner compared to other occupations, which pull similar incomes. They get paid because people pay to see them play.

Thats the point, nobody safe for the loved ones and some friends would pay a dime to see us playing. We are non professionals these guys are the 1 % best hockeyplayers on the planet, they are making that much because well ....you guess they are that good!

As long as people are willing to pay a good amount of $ to see these guys, they are going to make a killing. Compared to some others sports especially baseball, soccer, basketball hockeyplayers are underpaid.

yes i know that.

i was referring to the torture part of the post. it was a terrible analogy. these players are set for life financially playing a game that they love, no matter how much the nhl screws them over.

I wasn't around these boards back then, and am enjoying reading that thread. My favorite is one person's post talking about how Pavs is nowhere close to Selke territory. Oh how I am SO glad that everyone on this board (myself included) can just sit back and let the real experts (Holland and co.) make these sort of decisions.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ZachPariseisMyDaddy" data-cid="2339026" data-time="1357838948"><p>

Why wouldn't he stay in the KHL? That's where he's from and he's like a God there. But when he's in the US, no one would even recognize him when he's walking down the street. </p></blockquote>

I don't think datsyuk really cares about that kind of stuff when making a decision on where to play.. I'm sure he likes it but he's a competitor; he's going to want to play where there's the best competition, especially at this point in his career.