• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#61 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,006 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

It may be because this will be sort of a last hurrah for the guys playing over there, getting to say farewell to the fans. 

Whereas the all star game in the NHL means you don't get precious days off in the middle of a grueling season. 

I agree, just something interesting I thought I would point out.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#62 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

The agent for Detroit Red Wings superstar Pavel Datsyuk says he will soon be back in Detroit.

Gary Greenstin told the Free Press that Datsyuk, who has been playing for CSKA Moscow in his native Russia during the lockout, has the OK from the Wings to play in this weekend's KHL All-Star festivities in Chelyabinsk, which isn't far from Datsyuk's hometown of Yekaterinburg.

Freep

Good on the Wings for doing the right thing here! Op...change the thread title please

#63 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

Freep

Good on the Wings for doing the right thing here! Op...change the thread title please

makes me feel a thousand times better about the situation. atleast he got the green-light from the franchise and went about it the right way. good on you pasha, now sign a 2-yr extension.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#64 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:57 PM

Freep

wow..I guess the big bad evil wings org isn't so bad after all.....

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#65 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,962 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

When I initially read that tweet about Dats staying in Russia to play in the all star game it made me reeeeeeeeally nervous, so glad to know that he went about it the right way.  I'm kind of ashamed of myself for thinking the worst, as he's been nothing but a class act since he's been here...

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#66 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Yeah and a confession is a confession, even when it's forced through torture. Oh I should have mentioned unappreciative fans.

He could have got a lot more if he went on the open market

except these players are being paid millions to play a game that most would play for free. such torture

every player should know that their contract is likely to change when a new cba arrives. why do you think that parise and suter got a ton of signing bonus money? because signing bonus money isn't subject to a new cba and because they knew that their contracts were going to be changed.

There is no way that datsyuk would have gotten "a lot more" on the open market in 2007 especially as he was considered a playoff choker up until that point. in fact, a lot of people thought that holland overpaid big time even on this board. http://www.letsgowin...ract-extension/

although it's easy to say that he would have gotten more on the open market now that we have seen him play over the last 6 years

Edited by chances14, 09 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#67 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,526 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

except these players are being paid millions to play a game that most would play for free. such torture

every player should know that their contract is likely to change when a new cba arrives. why do you think that parise and suter got a ton of signing bonus money? because signing bonus money isn't subject to a new cba and because they knew that their contracts were going to be changed.

There is no way that datsyuk would have gotten "a lot more" on the open market in 2007 especially as he was considered a playoff choker up until that point. in fact, a lot of people thought that holland overpaid big time even on this board. http://www.letsgowin...ract-extension/

although it's easy to say that he would have gotten more on the open market now that we have seen him play over the last 6 years

wow just reading some of those posts in that thread..hahahah if we only knew. hahaha.....Big Bert over Dats!?!?! really!?!? hahaha

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#68 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

wow just reading some of those posts in that thread..hahahah if we only knew. hahaha.....Big Bert over Dats!?!?! really!?!? hahaha

I know right. My favourites were, if Dats gets over 5.5 I'll be pissed. He isn't worth anywhere near 7 a year. He can't even play in the playoffs. I feel like going back to the past and slapping everyone (including myself) and showing them highlight videos of what will become of Datsyuk. A few people  had faith in him, which was great to see :)

#69 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:09 AM

Most of us play for free because nobody would pay money to see us play. If anything, professional athletes earn their money in rather transparent manner compared to other occupations, which pull similar incomes. They get paid because people pay to see them play.

#70 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

Most of us play for free because nobody would pay money to see us play. If anything, professional athletes earn their money in rather transparent manner compared to other occupations, which pull similar incomes. They get paid because people pay to see them play.

Thats the point, nobody safe for the loved ones and some friends would pay a dime to see us playing. We are non professionals these guys are the 1 % best hockeyplayers on the planet, they are making that much because well ....you guess they are that good!

As long as people are willing to pay a good amount of $ to see these guys, they are going to make a killing. Compared to some others sports especially baseball, soccer, basketball hockeyplayers are underpaid.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#71 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

yes i know that.

i was referring to the torture part of the post. it was a terrible analogy. these players are set for life financially playing a game that they love, no matter how much the nhl screws them over.

#72 Jasper84

Jasper84

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,739 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:25 PM

I wasn't around these boards back then, and am enjoying reading that thread. My favorite is one person's post talking about how Pavs is nowhere close to  Selke territory. Oh how I am SO glad that everyone on this board (myself included) can just sit back and let the real experts (Holland and co.) make these sort of decisions.

#73 ZachPariseisMyDaddy

ZachPariseisMyDaddy

Draftee

• 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Why wouldn't he stay in the KHL? That's where he's from and he's like a God there. But when he's in the US, no one would even recognize him when he's walking down the street. 

#74 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ZachPariseisMyDaddy" data-cid="2339026" data-time="1357838948"><p>
Why wouldn't he stay in the KHL? That's where he's from and he's like a God there. But when he's in the US, no one would even recognize him when he's walking down the street. </p></blockquote>

I don't think datsyuk really cares about that kind of stuff when making a decision on where to play.. I'm sure he likes it but he's a competitor; he's going to want to play where there's the best competition, especially at this point in his career.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#75 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:02 PM

Is he going to stay there until Sochi 2014?

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#76 tRWF

tRWF

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

That would be such a slap in the face to the Devils ownership who spent so much time and energy overpaying for him. 

TheRedWingsForum.com

#77 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

That would be such a slap in the face to the Devils ownership who spent so much time and energy overpaying for him. 

He led them to the SCF.

I think that not honoring the contract they signed is a slap in the face to Ilya.

#78 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

Why wouldn't he stay in the KHL? That's where he's from and he's like a God there. But when he's in the US, no one would even recognize him when he's walking down the street. 

Pasha is not one who likes the spotlight, infact, he would rather stay out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he would get upset if someone didn't recognize him on the street.

I'm not related to this forum in any such manner besides just being an active member, but my dude.... it's pretty silly to post on another red wings forum, while trying to blatantly ignore the rules of not advertising. I mean... you sure as hell didn't try to avoid it by using the website as the username, having an avatar for it, and a signature posting it...  :glare:  :nono:  

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#79 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

Datsyuk has already tweeted that he'll be back in Detroit on Monday. No need to worry. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#80 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

Please do not advertise your much lower quality site here... it's unprofessional