• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Kovalchuk says he may stay in KHL

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96
That would be such a slap in the face to the Devils ownership who spent so much time and energy overpaying for him.

He led them to the SCF.

I think that not honoring the contract they signed is a slap in the face to Ilya.

Why wouldn't he stay in the KHL? That's where he's from and he's like a God there. But when he's in the US, no one would even recognize him when he's walking down the street.

Pasha is not one who likes the spotlight, infact, he would rather stay out of it. I HIGHLY doubt he would get upset if someone didn't recognize him on the street.

That would be such a slap in the face to the Devils ownership who spent so much time and energy overpaying for him.

I'm not related to this forum in any such manner besides just being an active member, but my dude.... it's pretty silly to post on another red wings forum, while trying to blatantly ignore the rules of not advertising. I mean... you sure as hell didn't try to avoid it by using the website as the username, having an avatar for it, and a signature posting it... :glare::nono:

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Konnan511" data-cid="2339249" data-time="1357922653"><p>

On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.</p></blockquote>

You think they wont play nice?

On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.

Either they honor the contracts or they don't. There's not much room for "slyness" there. If there are legal loopholes in NHL contracts, which I very much doubt, then exploiting them is fair game. Just ask Bettman.

It's all largely academic now, the only NHLer still left there is Visnovsky. And it seems he would rather hang them up then play for the Islanders.

On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.

I can't say I would blame them, if they tried to keep one of the best players in the world in their league. I'm very interested to see how this unfolds.

Guest Playmaker
You're acting like the Red Wings organization personally was responsible for the lockout and what happened during the lockout. The Wings is simply one of the thirty franchises that were apart of the lockout, it wasn't anything that personally the Red Wings organization did to Pavel. Would I be mad as hell at Pavel if he didn't come back? Hell yeah, I love the man and want to see more of him, but then there's the actual reality side of it. He gets to see his daughter and wife daily now, he gets to be apart of their lives all while still playing the game he loves. His wife and daughter get to see the magic he displays on the ice live, his daughter gets to see her daddy play in front of their home country. He wanted his wife and daughter to stay in Russia so his daughter still got to grow up with the culture of Russia... so the family wouldn't lose it's heritage. I think that's amazing, and quite frankly it would be hard to pull me away from my family, unfortunately i've already gone through that enough with deployments. It blows, but then it comes down to the business of it. You signed that contract, just as I signed mine. When you're told to go somewhere, or you're expected to do something, you fulfill it.

Before you anoint him for sainthood, his wife is his ex wife, so he didn't "let them" move to Russia to grow up with the culture of Russia. But apparently his much younger new girlfriend is Russian, too.

Guest Playmaker
Pics or it did't happen.

Well, where are the pics of Pavel and his "wife" happily in Russia with his daughter? It's fairly common knowledge that Pavel has been divorced for a few years now. (Google it if you don't believe me) I really don't care who he is dating or who he isn't, as long as she's of legal age and not barely out of middle school (talking to you, Sergei)

I love Datsyuk as much as anyone, but the reality is, we don't know who he is as a person or what he does in his private life and that's just the way it should be.

Well, where are the pics of Pavel and his "wife" happily in Russia with his daughter? It's fairly common knowledge that Pavel has been divorced for a few years now. (Google it if you don't believe me) I really don't care who he is dating or who he isn't, as long as she's of legal age and not barely out of middle school (talking to you, Sergei)

I love Datsyuk as much as anyone, but the reality is, we don't know who he is as a person or what he does in his private life and that's just the way it should be.

I was just busting your balls. No worries.

Before you anoint him for sainthood, his wife is his ex wife, so he didn't "let them" move to Russia to grow up with the culture of Russia. But apparently his much younger new girlfriend is Russian, too.

I was always under the impression that his wife, or ex-wife, or whatever never came to America with their daughter in the first place due to that reason. Pasha was interviewed numerous times telling the same story. If he got divorced or whatever, that's his life, but it always was to keep his daughter within the Russian culture.