• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#81 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.

The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#82 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Konnan511" data-cid="2339249" data-time="1357922653"><p>
On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.</p></blockquote>

You think they wont play nice?

#83 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

On the surface the KHL is stating they'll honor contracts, underneath they're going to be a sly as possible.

Either they honor the contracts or they don't. There's not much room for "slyness" there. If there are legal loopholes in NHL contracts, which I very much doubt, then exploiting them is fair game. Just ask Bettman.

It's all largely academic now, the only NHLer still left there is Visnovsky. And it seems he would rather hang them up then play for the Islanders.

#84 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

I can't say I would blame them, if they tried to keep one of the best players in the world in their league.  I'm very interested to see how this unfolds.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#85 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,429 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

these guys are the 1 % best hockeyplayers on the planet.

top 1% probably isn't the best statement since they are really the top, approximately, 1/500th of a precent.

#86 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

You're acting like the Red Wings organization personally was responsible for the lockout and what happened during the lockout. The Wings is simply one of the thirty franchises that were apart of the lockout, it wasn't anything that personally the Red Wings organization did to Pavel. Would I be mad as hell at Pavel if he didn't come back? Hell yeah, I love the man and want to see more of him, but then there's the actual reality side of it. He gets to see his daughter and wife daily now, he gets to be apart of their lives all while still playing the game he loves. His wife and daughter get to see the magic he displays on the ice live, his daughter gets to see her daddy play in front of their home country. He wanted his wife and daughter to stay in Russia so his daughter still got to grow up with the culture of Russia... so the family wouldn't lose it's heritage. I think that's amazing, and quite frankly it would be hard to pull me away from my family, unfortunately i've already gone through that enough with deployments. It blows, but then it comes down to the business of it. You signed that contract, just as I signed mine. When you're told to go somewhere, or you're expected to do something, you fulfill it. 

Before you anoint him for sainthood, his wife is his ex wife, so he didn't "let them" move to Russia to grow up with the culture of Russia.  But apparently his much younger new girlfriend is Russian, too. 

#87 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

Before you anoint him for sainthood, his wife is his ex wife, so he didn't "let them" move to Russia to grow up with the culture of Russia.  But apparently his much younger new girlfriend is Russian, too. 

Pics or it did't happen.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#88 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

I can't believe this is a 5 page thread.

#89 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

Pics or it did't happen.

NHL Awards this year.

Pavel+Datsyuk+2012+NHL+Awards+Red+Carpet

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#90 sibiriak

sibiriak

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

NHL Awards this year.

Pavel+Datsyuk+2012+NHL+Awards+Red+Carpet

I seem to remember that pic. Didn't that turn out to be just a fan taking picture with Pavel?

#91 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:24 AM

Pics or it did't happen.

Well, where are the pics of Pavel and his "wife" happily in Russia with his daughter?  It's fairly common knowledge that Pavel has been divorced for a few years now. (Google it if you don't believe me) I really don't care who he is dating or who he isn't, as long as she's of legal age and not barely out of middle school (talking to you, Sergei)

I love Datsyuk as much as anyone, but the reality is, we don't know who he is as a person or what he does in his private life and that's just the way it should be. 

#92 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

KHL aint done yet with kovy;

IgorEronko: #KHL head Alex Medvedev says he'll be in NA in February to discuss with #Devils Ilya Kovalchuk's contract buyout to have him back in Russia

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#93 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,938 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 AM

Well, where are the pics of Pavel and his "wife" happily in Russia with his daughter?  It's fairly common knowledge that Pavel has been divorced for a few years now. (Google it if you don't believe me) I really don't care who he is dating or who he isn't, as long as she's of legal age and not barely out of middle school (talking to you, Sergei)

I love Datsyuk as much as anyone, but the reality is, we don't know who he is as a person or what he does in his private life and that's just the way it should be. 

I was just busting your balls. No worries.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#94 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

I was always under the impression that his wife, or ex-wife, or whatever never came to America with their daughter in the first place due to that reason. Pasha was interviewed numerous times telling the same story. If he got divorced or whatever, that's his life, but it always was to keep his daughter within the Russian culture.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#95 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,001 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I seem to remember that pic. Didn't that turn out to be just a fan taking picture with Pavel?

I don't know.  I never heard that version.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30