• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dominator2005

Luongo to Leafs

Rate this topic

Harold, there is nothing official cause nobody can be traded or signed until the new CBA is signed that's why it will be official on thursday.

Right, but if there's not an official announcement of that from the Leafs or Luongo (which I understand why they wouldn't do until Thursday) then it's still basically a rumor.

When there's a link to a reputable source confirming it, you can create a new thread.

Harold, there is nothing official cause nobody can be traded or signed until the new CBA is signed that's why it will be official on thursday.

Right, and if it were true, I believe this probably will bring the Lafs and Nucks a big fine for doing business while there is no CBA. I doubt they would be so stupid.

Still, its likely due to the new partial salary deals that are possible now. Vancouver will likely carry some of Luongo's contract.

Right, and if it were true, I believe this probably will bring the Lafs and Nucks a big fine for doing business while there is no CBA. I doubt they would be so stupid. Still, its likely due to the new partial salary deals that are possible now. Vancouver will likely carry some of Luongo's contract.
Right, and if it were true, I believe this probably will bring the Lafs and Nucks a big fine for doing business while there is no CBA. I doubt they would be so stupid. Still, its likely due to the new partial salary deals that are possible now. Vancouver will likely carry some of Luongo's contract.
They also reported that Canucks will carry part of Luongo salary. 2nd draft puck
Right, but if there's not an official announcement of that from the Leafs or Luongo (which I understand why they wouldn't do until Thursday) then it's still basically a rumor. When there's a link to a reputable source confirming it, you can create a new thread.
I agree with you

Guest irishock

Always have had a hard time against Luongo since his debut with the Nucks against us.

Honestly, Lu doesn't like the pressure in Vancouver and now might join the 24/7 media trollhouse named Toronto ? On top of that he'd be playing for a GM who is using the Maple Leafs Franchise for his political agenda and always talk mentality,, this won't end well.

I have absolutely nothing against Luongo but the right choice would have been either Florida OR Tampa.

Honestly, Lu doesn't like the pressure in Vancouver and now might join the 24/7 media trollhouse named Toronto ? On top of that he'd be playing for a GM who is using the Maple Leafs Franchise for his political agenda and always talk mentality,, this won't end well.

I have absolutely nothing against Luongo but the right choice would have been either Florida OR Tampa.

All Luongo has to do is get the Leafs in the playoffs and he'll be a hero... Vancouver's media is much worse then Toronto's. Canucks fans want a Stanley Cup, all Leaf fans want is to make the playoffs. There's no pressure in Toronto to win, just to be average.

I agree the place for Luongo to go is Florida or Tampa.

All Luongo has to do is get the Leafs in the playoffs and he'll be a hero... Vancouver's media is much worse then Toronto's. Canucks fans want a Stanley Cup, all Leaf fans want is to make the playoffs. There's no pressure in Toronto to win, just to be average.

I agree the place for Luongo to go is Florida or Tampa.

Well look at their team:

- no true number 1 goaltender (maybe Reimer?), no first line center

- 24 7 media pressure

- an ownership that will not last long Rogers and Bell are two giants who don't like each either.

If I am him I'd stay far far away from this team.

Regardless of what everyone thinks about Roberto Luongo, he is still an All Star goaltender who will make any team happy. I believe the best fit for him would be Philadelphia. They could use a new starting goaltender with Bryzgalov on backup.

Regardless of what everyone thinks about Roberto Luongo, he is still an All Star goaltender who will make any team happy. I believe the best fit for him would be Philadelphia. They could use a new starting goaltender with Bryzgalov on backup.

The Canucks are a pretty run and gun team add to that the pressure of expectations Stanley Cup o BUST no goaltender will have an easy life there. I fully agree Luongo is easily one of the top 5 goaltenders in the league, its like Lundquist, Rinne, Miller, Quick (if he can repeat his performance) and then Luongo a very small and strong group to be in.

How can Philly afford to pay almost 11 million annualy for two goaltenders? No way, they've chosen Bryzgalov and now have to stick with him.