• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

HOCKEY MATTERS

I need a prayer answered, please.....no toot-toot whistles.

Rate this topic

Guest irishock
Please no. Let's try to continue not doing anything that resembles the Nashville fan base.

I'm all for the whistles. Yeah they're a little annoying, but at the same time anything that gets fans into the game I generally support. So whatever, if the whistle creates a more festive atmosphere then by all means lets do it. And let's be honest, Wings fans have been watching the team win for so long that they've become fairly stoic anyway, might as well do something to lighten up.

I'm all for the whistles. Yeah they're a little annoying, but at the same time anything that gets fans into the game I generally support. So whatever, if the whistle creates a more festive atmosphere then by all means lets do it. And let's be honest, Wings fans have been watching the team win for so long that they've become fairly stoic anyway, might as well do something to lighten up.

You implying that Red Wing fans need more reason to cheer? Just put on "Best of Detroit Rock n Roll", it will liven up a crowd way faster than some dumb whistles. Are we hockey fans or basketball fans?

First of all, that song is not even made by a Michigan band. If our anthem was Alice Cooper, Iggy and the Stooges, or the Nuge then maybe I'd be with you on that one. But Journey? f*** Journey!

In all seriousness, I'm not saying we have bad fans, but I am saying it takes quite a lot to get them rowdy. I've been to far too many games where a goal is scored and nobody gets out of their seats. It's just a very matter of fact applause and on to the next one. Nothing wrong with it, but I have to admit I like watching games where the fans are in a fever you know? I used to live in DC, and while the Caps sucked balls, it was fun as hell to watch a game because the fans were going nuts. A little of that wouldn't hurt.

For the record, Iggy Pop's "Search and Destroy" should be the Red Wings' song. That's pure Michigan and pure badass!

Edited by kipwinger

I was initially against the idea but you make a good point. If whistles liven up the fanbase and help bring passion back into the stands then I can't be against them.

Guest RedWingsDad

I won't lie... if he scored a goal, an assist, or made a big hit... heck, who am I kidding... even if he skated on the ice... if I had a big fat whistle in my hands I'd be tempted to blow it!!

The only way those whistles will make the atmosphere festive is the applause generated by someone pummeling whoever is blowing said whistles.

Normally, I'm not a violent person.... But all bets are off is someone near me starts blowing one of those things! I'm glad he's our "little ball of hate" now, but the whistles are lame, and annoying.

Edited by Gizmo

Hearing those things three times a year was bad enough. Please don't make me endure it for 41 games a season.

If people start with the whistles, might as well start throwing catfish...

Edited by rrasco

I fear I may lose my mind if people start blowing those damn things at the Joe....

What do you think?

Amen!

Now, when he scores a goal, I would love to hear the Joe blast a freight train! ?But if I know the Joe's dumbass DJ's they'll play The Locomotion or something stupid...