No registered users viewing this page.

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Concerts. Who are you seeing?

Rate this topic

Just scored tickets to see...

Morrissey at the Orpheum Theatre, Minneapolis. 1/25/13

Yo La Tengo at First Ave, Minneapolis. 2/4/13

Sigur Rós at Roy Wilkins Auditorium, St. Paul. 4/3/13

Starting off 2013 with some hopefully good shows.

How about you who are you seeing? Nevermind the music genre tell us what shows you are going to?

Just got a ticket for Tegan and Sara at First Ave Minneapolis 3/6

and

Animal Collective at First Ave Minneapolis 3/18

Ex girlfriend introduced me to Tegan and Sara. Pretty good.

"I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." - Ted Nugent

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Morrissey show was postponed due to him having a bladder infection. The only good news was I got to watch the Wings beat the Wild instead :P

Dallas show is still on...lets hope it stays that way.

"I have busted more hippies' noses than all the narcs in the free world." - Ted Nugent

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Toby Keith - Essex Junction, VT 9-1-2013, I'm thinking of going to see Kenny Chesney again we he goes to Detroit in August, it was so fun last year.

Edited by malts85

A few weekends ago was the Super Bowl obviously, I caught a lot of free music gigs that were being put out around the area I live in in downtown New Orleans and the French Quarter.

A lot of it was local stuff but pretty much everything was up my alley - a lot of instrumental funk, jazz and the like.

Trombone Shorty was one of the gigs, he and his band are local but have made a good presence nationally if you are into that music genre.

Soul Rebels Brass Band, Bonerama, Rebirth Brass Band were the other gigs I saw.

Every spring there is New Orleans Jazz Fest down here over two weekends, I might be going one day, outside chance I might see Dave Matthews Band or Earth, Wind and Fire.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

i won tickets on a local radio station to see Justin Timberlake and Jay Z on August 6th at Ford Field.

SO THATS TWO DAYS AWAY! im so stoaked and excited!!

righteouss!!!

im thinking of wearing my SUIT AND TIE. ill be sure to look in the MIRROR afterwards.

but i dunno if my crush will like that. oh well, she can CRY ME A RIVER.

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

lolololol

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

If anyone happens to live in the South/Southeast part of the country, and happens to like 80's music, I STRONGLY recommend going to see The Molly Ringwalds.

They're an 80's cover band, who each dress up as an 80's icon. Pee Wee Herman, Twisted Sister, The Karate Kid, Devo, and Adam Ant are their usual costumes. They absolutely nail the music every time, and they put on a great show. I catch them here in Dallas about 3-4 times a year.

Here they are at a Halloween performance (which is why they're all dressed as Ninja Turtles) playing Material Girl from Madonna...

Last night, thanks to transportation from GO Transit, ("brain" = bus then transfer to train there and "trus" = train then transfer to bus back), I had the extreme pleasure of seeing Sylvio Manfred Dante's "bio-concert" The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream at the Royal Alexandra Theatre in Toronto, ON, one of ten shows scheduled over two weeks. It was of the finest concerts I have ever been to.

And, in answer to the obvious question you might be asking: no, there wasn't a mosh pit.

On a related subject...

You know all of the examples of misheard musical lyrics? I must confess that I've misheard for a long time the lyrics to "Groovin'".

I just recently heard part of the the lyrics being:

"Life would be ecstasy, you and me endlessly . . ." and not:

"Life would be ecstasy, you and me and Leslie . . ." as I had previously thought.

I could never figure out how Top 40 radio could get away with playing a song about a threesome.

Edited by cusimano_brothers