• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoobiedoobin

Would you trade Jimmy Howard for an elite forward/defenseman?

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="shoobiedoobin" data-cid="2340252" data-time="1358272871"><p>

^I swear when reading that I was really keeping up with it and giving it a go until I saw "Fact is Jimmy is average" and kinda just nodded off. Someone told me I was laughing in my sleep.<br />

<br />

Btw, Detroit doesn't want to trade Jimmy like NJ doesn't want to trade Brodeur or NY with Lundqvist. It was a hypothetical scenario you could rattle off for any elite goalie, conjured up by me, just some dude on a forum.</p></blockquote>

I hear ya. Unfortunately, I feel he's a product of the system and will be exposed with Lidstrom out. Hopefully you are the correct one.

He will be exposed, but so would most goalies who don't have a Lidstrom in front of him. I am in Howards corner, but if the right trade came up, he'd be gone. Business.... When I think of Elite players, I think of Malkin, Ovie, Stamkos, Tavares, Weber, etc... Howard would not garner that type of player in return...

When I said elite I meant more than just the 5 or 6 absolute best players in hockey. And I doubt Howard will be exposed. Lidstrom was great but he was one side of the ice for only half the game. We will have the rest of our team here and everything will be decided by effort level. It seems like we're judging Howard off of everything but actually looking at how he plays. He doesn't let in stupid whiffers, he can make great saves, and he wasn't the reason whatsoever we lost in the playoffs. Any goalie short of maybe Hasek wouldn't have done anything with how lazy we got the last two years.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2340261" data-time="1358274240"><p>

He will be exposed, but so would most goalies who don't have a Lidstrom in front of him. I am in Howards corner, but if the right trade came up, he'd be gone. Business.... When I think of Elite players, I think of Malkin, Ovie, Stamkos, Tavares, Weber, etc... Howard would not garner that type of player in return...</p></blockquote>

Exactly. Im not knocking Jimmy. Im knocking the proposed idea.