Photo
- - - - -

Would you trade Jimmy Howard for an elite forward/defenseman?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#81 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:26 PM

When I said elite I meant more than just the 5 or 6 absolute best players in hockey. And I doubt Howard will be exposed. Lidstrom was great but he was one side of the ice for only half the game. We will have the rest of our team here and everything will be decided by effort level. It seems like we're judging Howard off of everything but actually looking at how he plays. He doesn't let in stupid whiffers, he can make great saves, and he wasn't the reason whatsoever we lost in the playoffs. Any goalie short of maybe Hasek wouldn't have done anything with how lazy we got the last two years.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 15 January 2013 - 01:27 PM.

#82 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2340261" data-time="1358274240"><p>
He will be exposed, but so would most goalies who don't have a Lidstrom in front of him. I am in Howards corner, but if the right trade came up, he'd be gone. Business.... When I think of Elite players, I think of Malkin, Ovie, Stamkos, Tavares, Weber, etc... Howard would not garner that type of player in return...</p></blockquote>

Exactly. Im not knocking Jimmy. Im knocking the proposed idea.

#83 blgillett

blgillett

Stevie the one and only Captian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

No because we would need a starting Goalie then. We need Defenseman really bad at least 2 good one just to come close to our defense last year
"He was standing there like a cigar store Indian" Mickey Redmond
"Holmstrom gets more attention around the net than a pretty girl around closing time!" Mickey Redmond
IPB Image