• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Detroit to open the season vs St. Louis

Rate this topic

Finally, an actual game to talk about.

mlive

The Detroit Red Wings are expected to open the season at St. Louis on Jan. 19 and then play at Columbus on Jan. 21.

The schedule is not expected to be released until later this week.

STL to me is one of those teams that gets by because they're intense, all the time and play hard. Often too hard and turn into total goons but regardless the result is the same in their opponents-teams just say screw it and look to the next game. It's why teams like that I think do well in the reg season and lose in the playoffs-because in the playoffs, not everyone will say screw it and take a rest. They'll play you hard and beyond your physicality, especially in the NHL today, you need skill and while they're good, they don't have enough.

If we play them hard, we can not only win but embarrass them. That's if we want to play hard. The upside is we'll hit the ground running whereas a more slack team could lull us to sleep and minus 34 games, slumps are slightly magnified and can bite us later.

If we beat St.Louis it'll turn some heads. Everyone will be excited to come back and play, luckily we have a bunch of players that have been playing overseas. I know the others have been working out in Troy but working out and being in game shape is two completely different things. Training camp should really get things set in stone and I think they'll come out with a bang. Watch out we got some motivated players this season that got something to prove. Cleary healthy and on a contract year. Brunner and Zetterberg have been assigned a mission and should be beauties together, add one of the best space creating players if not THE best with pavel and it's going to be a deadly line. Helmer is more than ready to play, I feel this season will be HUGE for him. As much as I love to joke about sammy, I have a feeling he's going to make a lot of people eat some crows on this board. GOD I can't wait for some hockey. "Red Wings hockey presented to you by, BELLE TIRE" dadadadadaadd dadadadadad adadadadadada ah i'm far too excited to hear ken and mick and see the boys playing again.

Edited by evilzyme

i fully expect the wings to come flying out of the gate because of all the players that have been playing overseas. the bigger question will come once all the teams settle into their grove and get back into game shape.

i think we could very well see another 8 seed get on a run at the end of the season, sneak into the playoffs and go on a tear to win the cup again this year

I hope Tootoo hammers Backes to start the game, send a message that the team is different this year. Then let Z and D go to work, I'm actually quite excited for the shortened season. Lets see where we stand without Nick Lidstrom and a more gritty lineup.