• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest blueadams

Are there going to be any upper-echelon D-men on the block this season

Rate this topic

Guest blueadams

Looking at our team, I see...

A solid top six (once Babcock let's it together) in Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Brunner & Nyquist.

A solid third line in Helm, Sammy and Bert (*though I did hear that Arnott's on his way to Detroit - would love to see him take Bert's place here).

A solid fourth line in Abby, Tootoo and Miller / Cleary.

5 solid NHL defensemen in Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Smith and Quincey (Covalaccio is a solid 7th).

A goalie who's more than good enough to win a championship with - and who's capable of getting really hot at the right time - in Howard, along with a solid backup.

Don't get me wrong. It's going to take several acts of God for the Kings not to come out of the West this season. And don't even get me started about how strong the East is. But anything CAN happen in the NHL playoffs - especially in such an odd season.

**If we can somehow trade for an upper-echelon defenseman before the deadline - we might have a real shot, IMO.

Looking at our team, I see...

A solid top six (once Babcock let's it together) in Pav, Hank, Mule, Flip, Brunner & Nyquist.

A solid third line in Helm, Sammy and Bert (*though I did hear that Arnott's on his way to Detroit - would love to see him take Bert's place here).

A solid fourth line in Abby, Tootoo and Miller / Cleary.

5 solid NHL defensemen in Kronwall, White, Ericsson, Smith and Quincey (Covalaccio is a solid 7th).

A goalie who's more than good enough to win a championship with - and who's capable of getting really hot at the right time - in Howard, along with a solid backup.

Don't get me wrong. It's going to take several acts of God for the Kings not to come out of the West this season. And don't even get me started about how strong the East is. But anything CAN happen in the NHL playoffs - especially in such an odd season.

**If we can somehow trade for an upper-echelon defenseman before the deadline - we might have a real shot, IMO.

Source? I've never heard anything about this

Just remember, guys. "Little birdy" sources aren't reliable, and shouldn't be posted here on LGW unless you can substantiate it.

From the Forum Rules...

· DO post a link reference (or cite the TV/radio source) when reporting breaking news, reports, etc. Threads started without this information may be deleted or moved.