• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jaymister

TSN Power Rankings

Rate this topic

The Penguins? Are they talking about the same Penguins who got pole axed by a hardly capable Philadelphia team? The Penguins with terrible defense and goal tending Penguins? Hmmm.

We are also talking about the Penguins who arguably have the 2 best players in the world right now whether you like them or not.

The Penguins got their asses handed to by Philly AND lost their best defensive forward in Jordan Stall. Losing him is going to KILL that team and especially their PK. He was very good at shutting down top players on the other team... I think the Penguins have a hard time without him and will defs NOT be a number 1 team....IMO the Rangers are clearly going to be the hardest team to play against, especially with the King in net.

The Penguins got their asses handed to by Philly AND lost their best defensive forward in Jordan Stall. Losing him is going to KILL that team and especially their PK. He was very good at shutting down top players on the other team... I think the Penguins have a hard time without him and will defs NOT be a number 1 team....IMO the Rangers are clearly going to be the hardest team to play against, especially with the King in net.

Best defensive forward who hasn't been able to stay healthy for the last 2 seasons..he has missed 60 games the last 2 seasons. They got Sutter who is younger, plays a great 2 way game and hasn't missed a game in 2 years. I don't think they will miss Staal that much..well they might miss seeing him sit in the press box.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2339345" data-time="1357939652"><p>

We are also talking about the Penguins who arguably have the 2 best players in the world right now whether you like them or not. </p></blockquote>

Yeah they'll always be high in rankings like these because of those two guys.

I definitely feel like many hockey 'experts' are forgetting/ignoring that the Pens supporting crew is at best mediocre, their defense is bad and goaltending questionable. There's also their awful PP, and the issue of whether Crosby can take a hit without being out for the season.

I don't see them as a contender.

We are also talking about the Penguins who arguably have the 2 best players in the world right now whether you like them or not.

Exactly, the Penguins who got murdered by a garbage team in the first round of last year's playoffs, despite having arguably the two best players in the world right now.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="puckbags" data-cid="2339345" data-time="1357939652"><p>

We are also talking about the Penguins who arguably have the 2 best players in the world right now whether you like them or not. </p></blockquote>

Yeah they'll always be high in rankings like these because of those two guys.

I definitely feel like many hockey 'experts' are forgetting/ignoring that the Pens supporting crew is at best mediocre, their defense is bad and goaltending questionable. There's also their awful PP, and the issue of whether Crosby can take a hit without being out for the season.

I don't see them as a contender.

They are solid down the middle but that is about it. My point was that they will always get a high ranking in these polls because of Malkin and Crosby. I still hate them, I still want them to fail miserably but they could go a long way with Malkin and Crosby .............that is if he stays healthy.

I would certainly put the NYR over Pittsburgh. I think the Pens, solved any problems they might have in goal with picking up Vokoun, but they're still pretty thin on the blueline. The Rangers have solid depth at all positions.

I like Nash too, but I have a deep deep deep antipathy for the NYR organization and the city it represents.

Ya i get that, it's certainly not somewhere I would want to travel to. The cost of living there is supposed to be really bad. Have you lived there before?

Ya i get that, it's certainly not somewhere I would want to travel to. The cost of living there is supposed to be really bad. Have you lived there before?

Nope, visited a lot though. I used to live on the East Coast and you can't escape those god damn sewer rats.

47 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

Eight, using a 5 game sample size? good lord.:confused: I'd love being on the payroll too peddle my gibberish.

It's done weekly, in the NFL they will do week 1 power rankings based on a 1 game sample. Wings are 4-1, so they are going to be ranked high.

7 minutes ago, Keep Your Stick On the Ice said:

yeah im aware of that...still not buying.

I guess it depends on what you think they are selling, if you think they are selling that the Wings are the 7th best team in the NHL (ie. have the 7the best chance at winning the cup), I dont blame you, though I would advise not to interpret the Power Rankings that way.

I take it as a ranking of teams based on 1 week of games. Nothing more, nothing less. If a team is 4-1 after a week, they should be ranked high based on those parameters.