• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
puckbags

Helm injures back, doubtful for season opener

Rate this topic

Gee, notice how Cory Emmerton is our 13th forward/5th center? Kind of the SAME thing Ive said for what, 9 months now? #48 will be in the mix, folks. The kid has speed, and the organization likes him. Stop fighting Emdog and learn to like him.

He's a fourth-line center. We don't have many of those.

Also, if he were to be sent down, he'd have to clear waivers.

Edited by Dabura

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2339802" data-time="1358108516"><p>

<br />

He's a fourth-line center. We don't have many of those.<br />

<br />

Also, if he were to be sent down, he'd have to clear waivers.</p></blockquote>

And he's dependable

I

I'd rather get Sheahan up than see Emmerton on the ice again.

Yup.

But I’d rather see Sheahan continue to play big minutes in the top six in GR than 6 minutes a night in Detroit.

Bring up Andersson for that 4th line center spot. At least he’s a big body, and very good defensively.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="rick zombo" data-cid="2339810" data-time="1358109396"><p>

I<br />

<br />

<br />

Yup. <br />

<br />

But Id rather see Sheahan continue to play big minutes in the top six in GR than 6 minutes a night in Detroit. <br />

<br />

Bring up Andersson for that 4th line center spot. At least hes a big body, and very good defensively. </p></blockquote>

I like Andersson too.

He's a fourth-line center. We don't have many of those.

Also, if he were to be sent down, he'd have to clear waivers.

Even if he starts the season in GR? If he has to stay up he's a good depth guy but at this point might be spending a lot of time watching from the press box.

Our bottom six isn't the same without Helm in there.

absolutely not, we NEED helmer as our third line center. without him, as babcock has always said, roles change and our system changes. this forces the lines to change and everything just goes to s***. helmer is a huge piece to this franchise, which I think some underestimate how much he really brings to the table. I feel bad for the guy, it seems like he's been out since mid-season last season. he loves this sport and my god he throws his heart out there night in and night out.

helm won't skate until thursday at the earliest

Center Darren Helm (back, day-to-day)hasn't been on the ice since last Wednesday and won't skate Tuesday, general manager Ken Holland said. This Wednesday is a day off, so the earliest Helm will be back on the ice is Thursday.

"Don't know Helm timetable, all depends how he feels Thursday,'' Holland said.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/team/1358184597-876-239/red-wings-mikael-samuelsson-groin.html

Guest The Axe

I would have liked to see one of the lockout provisions being to allow a 25 man roster this season. I'm surprised the NHLPA didn't do anything to compensate for a greater propensity for injuries.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340214" data-time="1358265379"><p>

i feel like helmer is going to be a injury prone player now. my god it seems like something is always wrong with him</p></blockquote>

This is to be expected from guys that go 100%. Bertuzzi and his 53% effort will never get injured. But a guy who skates like the wind and tries to smash people if they get in the way = hurt more.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Axe" data-cid="2340216" data-time="1358265688"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340214" data-time="1358265379"><p><br />

i feel like helmer is going to be a injury prone player now. my god it seems like something is always wrong with him</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

This is to be expected from guys that go 100%. Bertuzzi and his 53% effort will never get injured. But a guy who skates like the wind and tries to smash people if they get in the way = hurt more.</p></blockquote>

The real question is who would be more useful then. A guy who goes hard and misses 40 games a year or a guy who plays 82 games half speed

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="joesuffP" data-cid="2340289" data-time="1358280542"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Axe" data-cid="2340216" data-time="1358265688"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="evilzyme" data-cid="2340214" data-time="1358265379"><p><br /><br />

i feel like helmer is going to be a injury prone player now. my god it seems like something is always wrong with him</p></blockquote><br /><br />

<br /><br />

This is to be expected from guys that go 100%. Bertuzzi and his 53% effort will never get injured. But a guy who skates like the wind and tries to smash people if they get in the way = hurt more.</p></blockquote><br />

<br />

The real question is who would be more useful then. A guy who goes hard and misses 40 games a year or a guy who plays 82 games half speed</p></blockquote>

The answer to that is Fedorov. A guy who doesnt play stupid when it doesnt matter, but becomes a beast when it does. The funny thing is people hated him for not overexerting himself during the regular season.