• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Axe

Johan Franzen - Once and For All

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

HE IS OWED 22.5 MILLION DOLLARS AFTER THIS SEASON.

Can we all agree to stop talking about the Red Wings buying him out? It's borderline absurd.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339431" data-time="1357960282"><p>

It would be absurd even if we didn't owe him 22 million dollars. His production for his price is a steal. </p></blockquote>

Leave that out tho. Cuz some people think its better to cut your best goal scorer and proven playoff producer in favor of a guy who plays with one hand on his stick and gets pushed to the boards despite being bigger than everyone else. Same people who thought Fedorov was worthless even tho he was our best forward for 10 straight years.

As streaky as he is, of course it's very dumb to even suggest buying out a contract that has several years on it and millions on millons of dollars left on it... commone sense I thought but this is the internet.

Buying him out is silly, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered a viable trade option.

It's not just one or two posters who have a problem with Franzen's work ethic. It's tons of posters. He doesn't seem like a guy who plays with passion all the time.

Give him Helm's work ethic, and you'll see what I mean.

Who cares, even his half assed work ethic scores more often than anyone on our team. So unless you're trading him for an even better scoring winger (don't know why anyone would do that) then there's no sense in it.

With the Wings playoff record the last few seasons, not attempting to improve the team makes no sense. Obviously, it'd be a big and potentially risky move, but not as risky as say trading a younger player might be.

I'm just saying that Holland should look at it. We don't have many "tradeable" pieces, and I wouldn't trade Smith at this point. Maybe not even Nyquist.

but not as risky as say trading a younger player might be.

Some people over value our youth.

We have been too good for too many years and have had s***ty draft picks because of it. Yeah I know, Pavs and Z were 9th and 10th round, but that is a not going to be a common occurrence. I really don't expect anyone to come up and end up being any better than a Fillipula type player at any given time. Smith may be the one exception as he seems like he will be a great D man, but we'll see just how great he ends up being.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="kipwinger" data-cid="2339431" data-time="1357960282"><p>

It would be absurd even if we didn't owe him 22 million dollars. His production for his price is a steal. </p></blockquote>

Leave that out tho. Cuz some people think its better to cut your best goal scorer and proven playoff producer in favor of a guy who plays with one hand on his stick and gets pushed to the boards despite being bigger than everyone else. Same people who thought Fedorov was worthless even tho he was our best forward for 10 straight years.

Actually, you would be hard pressed to find someone who thinks Franzen and Fedorov should even be mentioned in the same sentence. Franzen could not and will never be good enough to even sniff Sergei's sock hat...One can argue that if Fedorov is not on our team for those 10 years, we may still be in a Stanley Cup drought, that same can NEVER EVER be said about twinkle toes Franzine...

Franzen should be traded. And speaking of comparng him with Hossa, sure Hossa may get pushed around easily, but Franzen is like a bowl a jelly as well and when the going gets tough he turtles. Oh sure, he can pick on a teenager and throw his mouthgaurd out, but when someone challenges him, he is no more tough than Hossa...they are both soft.

Hossa is better than Franzen...period. Franzen will never be Fedorov.

If the right trade came up obviously I would trade the franz but at his price what is coming back our way? If it's more goals then add 2-4 mill a season. Franzen -like a lot of other people have stated- in the end puts up the most goals for us at that price? Keep until stolen away, just bench him when he's playing like a *****.

We have been too good for too many years and have had s***ty draft picks because of it. Yeah I know, Pavs and Z were 9th and 10th round, but that is a not going to be a common occurrence. I really don't expect anyone to come up and end up being any better than a Fillipula type player at any given time. Smith may be the one exception as he seems like he will be a great D man, but we'll see just how great he ends up being.

6th and 7th round you mean. Also we have tatar, nyquist, smith and jarnkrok currently that are looking like studs

The Axe: First please use proper spelling and grammar, your post was torture to read.

As for the content: Mule is a tale of two players, one that is unstoppable, the other I'm 99% sure smokes pot under the bleachers before each shift.

I have said this since 2009 playoffs... Franzen is only good when he is playing Homer's role in front of the net. He is not some sniper like everyone makes him out to be... he is at his best when he scores the dirty rebound goals or gets tips from standing in front. That is how he scored a huge majority of his goals in 2008 at the end of regular season and during playoffs. Babs needs to put Franzen back in that specific role and I think he will produce better and work better.

I feel like our prospecs are underrated...look how well the griffins are doing so far with ALL of them playing in the minors..mrazek is going to be unreal in net , tatar is developing better, nyquist is already NHL material...the list goes on

To many posters ignore the facts when they come up with these absurd posts. No we are not going to buy him out nor are we going to trade our top scoring winger. Ignorant is the word that comes to mind.

6th and 7th round you mean. Also we have tatar, nyquist, smith and jarnkrok currently that are looking like studs

Hockey Prospects has our youngsters as the 10th best in the league so they must know something

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2339454" data-time="1357963259"><p>

<br />

With the Wings playoff record the last few seasons, not attempting to improve the team makes no sense. Obviously, it'd be a big and potentially risky move, but not as risky as say trading a younger player might be. <br />

<br />

I'm just saying that Holland should look at it. We don't have many "tradeable" pieces, and I wouldn't trade Smith at this point. Maybe not even Nyquist. </p></blockquote>

And Im just saying that if you think Hland is going to spend 22.5 mil to get rid of the team's top scorer who's cap hit is more than tolerable, you need a lobotomy.

Franzen is our best goal scorer (I hope that Brunner could be 30 goal scorer in the regular 82 games season)... and it's not like he has no trading value... So suggesting that Franzen is buyout candidat is just STUPID.

Hop over to the Blueadams line thread for a real good post about how Nyquist and Tatar are actually better than Franzen and Bertuzzi. It's a real crack up.

Hop over to the Blueadams line thread for a real good post about how Nyquist and Tatar are actually better than Franzen and Bertuzzi. It's a real crack up.

Nyquist and Tatar will have to prove that they can compete in the NHL. Let'S not start another false hype over Nyquist and Tatar... just like was case with Leino and that other player who ended up in Tampa...

Give all needed time to Nyquist to developpe and then we can compare him with Franzen.

Buying him out is silly, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't be considered a viable trade option.

It's not just one or two posters who have a problem with Franzen's work ethic. It's tons of posters. He doesn't seem like a guy who plays with passion all the time.

Give him Helm's work ethic, and you'll see what I mean.

This.