48 replies to this topic

#41 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

:hysterical:

Helm - 26 points playing a defensive role on the 3rd and 4th line everynight...

Franzine - 56 points playing on the top line along side Pavel Datsyuk most of the season...

Sorry bub, Helm is better than Franzine PLUS Helm earns his money...

this.

Franzen has skill and ability to score, no one is denying that. What he lacks is hard work and dedication, If you're a chef and you have all the skill in the world but you only put out 1 in 6 dishes good because you got lazy, you are not better than the workhorse down the line who doesn't put out a very high quality dish, but is very consistent with what he does put out, but puts out what is expected and more. I don't think we should buy franzen out, that is just dumb, if we are paying him anyways might as well get some goals for it, but if we could trade him for something decent like a top 4 d-man, I would be down for that.

#42 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2339600" data-time="1358045715"><p>
 <br />
:hysterical:<br />
<br />
<br />
Helm - 26 points playing a defensive role on the 3rd and 4th line everynight...<br />
 <br />
Franzine - 56 points playing on the top line along side Pavel Datsyuk most of the season...<br />
 <br />
Sorry bub, Helm is better than Franzine PLUS Helm earns his money...</p></blockquote>

Ive been advocating Helm promotion for a long time.

#43 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2339600" data-time="1358045715"><p>
 <br />
:hysterical:<br />
<br />
<br />
Helm - 26 points playing a defensive role on the 3rd and 4th line everynight...<br />
 <br />
Franzine - 56 points playing on the top line along side Pavel Datsyuk most of the season...<br />
 <br />
Sorry bub, Helm is better than Franzine PLUS Helm earns his money...</p></blockquote>

Ive been advocating Helm promotion for a long time.

While it would be great to see the kid promoted for his hard work, he is more of a grinder and wouldn't do overly great in a top 6 role. He does get a lot of ice time on pks and that does inflate his toi, so for the 10-12 minutes or so he plays a game not on a pk he does put up a decent amount of points, but he is a grinder, not a playmaker, power forward, or sniper unfortunately. I would love to be proved wrong though.

Edited for grammar 

Edited by Euro_Twins, 12 January 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

If Helm remains a Red Wing his entire career, he WILL be the next Captain after Zetterberg retires.  Z is signed thru 2021, so that will be a long time for Helm to become even a bigger leader on this team.  Some say Kronwall is the next C, but his log contract expires before Z's does so that pretty much eliminates him I do believe. I see Helm the next C after 2021. (If Z lasts that long)

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

#45 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

If Helm remains a Red Wing his entire career, he WILL be the next Captain after Zetterberg retires.  Z is signed thru 2021, so that will be a long time for Helm to become even a bigger leader on this team.  Some say Kronwall is the next C, but his log contract expires before Z's does so that pretty much eliminates him I do believe. I see Helm the next C after 2021. (If Z lasts that long)

Unless Brunner turns into a leader on the team. Helm definitely deserves it though more than anyone but datsyuk and zetterberg.

#46 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

Helm is a badass. We sank fast against Nashville last year after he went down.

#47 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Helm is a badass. We sank fast against Nashville last year after he went down.

He IS the heart and soul of our team.

#48 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:22 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2339641" data-time="1358050789"><p>
 <br />
He IS the heart and soul of our team.</p></blockquote>

Now he is. Lidstrom was our lynch pin.

#49 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,097 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Euro_Twins" data-cid="2339641" data-time="1358050789"><p>
 <br />
He IS the heart and soul of our team.</p></blockquote>

Now he is. Lidstrom was our lynch pin.

No Lidstrom was our quiet leader, the face of the team. Helm was and is our heart