• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest irishock

Red Wings 2013 schedule

Rate this topic

Please everyone calm down. Nothing official yet. Seriously what did you all expect? Wings vs Columbus 22 times no travel. Oh wait we will play the Sharks back to back games damn. Our schedule is screwed. Come on people. 48 games in a limited amount of time isn't goint to be a spring vacation to Mexico. ***** all you want about it people...

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Please everyone calm down. Nothing official yet. Seriously what did you all expect? Wings vs Columbus 22 times no travel. Oh wait we will play the Sharks back to back games damn. Our schedule is screwed. Come on people. 48 games in a limited amount of time isn't goint to be a spring vacation to Mexico. ***** all you want about it people...

first of all, yes it is official.... secondly, it sounds like you need to calm down, you're more worked up than anyone

With 48 games they could have played 1 vs every Eastern team, 2 vs own Conf and 3 vs own division, with 1 more game against somebody, a traditional rival or division rival or Columbus :)

Instead, its West only and not even the equal number of games vs own division. What genius came up with that one?

I totally agree, to not see the Leafs, Bruins, Rangers and Pens is a shame.

Wings are opening up practices for fans:

Free Community Events

The Red Wings would like you to join us for these free community events. Check back frequently for updated information. Doors open 1 hour prior to all events unless otherwise noted.

DATE TIME EVENT LOCATION (CLICK FOR DIRECTIONS) SUNDAY 1/13 NOON ON-ICE PRACTICE COMPUWARE ARENA, PLYMOUTH MI MONDAY 1/14 NOON ON-ICE PRACTICE COMPUWARE ARENA, PLYMOUTH MI TUESDAY 1/15 9:30 AM ON-ICE PRACTICE COMPUWARE ARENA, PLYMOUTH MI 6:00 PM RED AND WHITE GAME COMPUWARE ARENA, PLYMOUTH MI THURSDAY 1/17 10:30 AM ON-ICE PRACTICE JOE LOUIS ARENA, DETROIT MI 7:00 PM ON-ICE PRACTICE JOE LOUIS ARENA, DETROIT MI FRIDAY 1/18 NOON ON-ICE PRACTICE JOE LOUIS ARENA, DETROIT MI

Seating is general admission for all events unless otherwise noted and available on a first come, first served basis. No tickets are required.

Compuware Arena is located at 14900 Beck Road, Plymouth, MI 48170 and Joe Louis Arena is located at 600 Civic Center Drive, Detroit, MI 48226.

Guest Playmaker
I don't think all teams will be equally tired. It is a huge advantage to never have to leave your own time zone like all of the Eastern Conference teams, except for Winnipeg. The grind of the shortened regular season will be taxing, but not having to travel extensively like the Red Wings do helps quite a bit. Four trips out west in practically three months (when it is usually spread out over six months) is rough.

But yet, the Wings have won the Cup more than any other team in the past 15 years. So apparently, it doesn't mean all that much.

Considering our record in 'em, sure hope not many afternoon ones on NBC,

CROSBY, CROSBY, CROSBY!!!

Welcome to NBC Sports this afternoon in Detroit! Now we're going to go to the CROSBY ISO CAM! Crosby isn't playing today, so this is actually a live shot of him at home doing stretches to help loosen up his sprained [feminine part].

Edited by Holmstrom96

first of all, yes it is official.... secondly, it sounds like you need to calm down, you're more worked up than anyone

Ok maybe it was official sorry. My bad

Also getting my tickets for February 17th at the Xcel Energy Center when the Wings come to town. Bingo

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

any news on fsd? I'm sure they will cover games too right? I don't see anyone covering the 19th game in st lousis... We will hear tomorrow maybe? Can't they start tomorrow lol, I miss hockey so much :champs:

22 National TV games- 11 on NHLN-US, 11 on NBC/SN

The 11 games on NHLN-US are tough for me. I have NBCSN and I will have Gamecenter, but my cable company doesn't carry NHLN-US.

The Wings have a tough schedule on paper. 7th most miles traveled and tied for most back-to-back games.

Guest irishock

Not saying that games in California will be easy but it'd be hard to beat NY, Boston or Philly on the road anyways.