#1 nosyt612

nosyt612

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

Pretty slick moves.

Edit: Video fixed, thanks for the tip rrasco

Edited by nosyt612, 12 January 2013 - 06:20 PM.

#2 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

That chip is sick

#3 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Nice.  Second one was just like that SO goal he pulled on Niemi a few years back.

Just post the youtube URL to embed the video, no code necessary.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#4 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

God damn that man is talented.

• Nev likes this
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#5 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:23 AM

I've missed him...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#6 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

I had to watch the second one three times to pick up the move he made.

He's like a good musician, or a good actor on stage...you always leave 'em wanting more.  And now, their loss is definitely our gain.  Welcome home, Pasha!

Posted Image

#7 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Awesome!!!

#8 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Making me a little nervous to keep hearing how much Pavel loves playing in Russia, being around his family and friends and being "home".  He almost went back and stayed once before.  Now with his ex and daughter living over there, the chances of him being around after his next contract aren't sounding good.

#9 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

Making me a little nervous to keep hearing how much Pavel loves playing in Russia, being around his family and friends and being "home".  He almost went back and stayed once before.  Now with his ex and daughter living over there, the chances of him being around after his next contract aren't sounding good.

he's already said he will retire from hockey playing in Russia. It's always been the plan from the start, as majority of the Russian players do this anyways. He wanted his daughter and wife to stay in Russia while he plays in America because he doesn't want the family to lose it's cultural roots. If anything, this lockout simply just made us lose 2 more possible years of pasha in America. He would likely have signed a 2-yr extension after this current contract and then head over to the KHL to finish, but seeing how it was these past 3 months, I think his time in America is all but done with this current contract. Then again, these players need to realize that the KHL was like that because it was filled with NHL talent. Unfortunately, they won't have all their friends playing alongside them when they actually retire and go to the league. I'm happy for pasha, originally I was upset and I think we're all mutual with that feeling but when you look into the situation deeper, anyone would most likely do the same thing. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#10 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Evil, he doesn't have a wife anymore.  His wife and daughter moved back to Russia when they divorced. 

#11 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

I've heard that, but never actually had any source saying it was true so I never believed it.

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#12 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Very bottom of this article is confirmation.

http://kuklaskorner....s_pavel_datsyuk

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#13 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

Very bottom of this article is confirmation.

http://kuklaskorner....s_pavel_datsyuk

Oh jeez that's unfortunate then. Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture. I don't believe his original wife ever came to America. I'm not sure how this changes anything with the situation, if he got a divorce or not. I think his daughter probably holds more pull within his life now, especially because she's older and he's feeling the effects of missing out on his daughters life. She's old enough to start doing things inwhich he isn't around to watch, extra activities whether it be dance, sports, etc. 

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#14 Kira

Kira

"I hope you're not from KGB"

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

He's gonna have to start beating the boys off with hockey sticks when it comes to his daughter.  She's going to be a beautiful young lady.  No wonder he wants to be near her.   As much as I hate the thought of him leaving here, I understand it. 

Posted Image

#15 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,021 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

Oh jeez that's unfortunate then. Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture. I don't believe his original wife ever came to America. I'm not sure how this changes anything with the situation, if he got a divorce or not. I think his daughter probably holds more pull within his life now, especially because she's older and he's feeling the effects of missing out on his daughters life. She's old enough to start doing things inwhich he isn't around to watch, extra activities whether it be dance, sports, etc. 

Yeah, given his personal situation  you have to wonder if he's gone after his NHL contract ends next year.  

He could be making good money playing in Russia, be near his daughter, family and friends, less chance of being brained out on the ice, and no lockouts.  I can't say I'd blame him if he goes, though it would be a huge blow to the Wings. 

#16 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:15 AM

Evil, do you have any links to any of these interviews with Pav?  If so, I'd like to read or view them.  He's so quiet and doesn't do interviews very often, and he doesn't seem to talk about his personal life much.

It seems most of the Russian players go back to their homeland when their NHL career has reached its end. They can make a lot of money and the schedule is much easier and their name alone is enough for the fans. Pav wouldn't be at the end of his career in two years. 

#17 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Evil, do you have any links to any of these interviews with Pav?  If so, I'd like to read or view them.  He's so quiet and doesn't do interviews very often, and he doesn't seem to talk about his personal life much.

It seems most of the Russian players go back to their homeland when their NHL career has reached its end. They can make a lot of money and the schedule is much easier and their name alone is enough for the fans. Pav wouldn't be at the end of his career in two years. 

absolutely ill try and grab it for ya, right now im on mobile. it's actually a really good interview and pretty sad one. he goes into some big details

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#18 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture.

As far as popular culture goes it is really no different than US just not in English. Growing up with Russian language sounds more believable to me.

#19 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

It's hard finding the exact article I wanted, but here are some articles that can help;

http://allhockey.ru/news/59729/ - in this article he explains how he is going to have his daughter start school in Russia, and then she can decide later in life where she wants to go. He also states within this one that he will end his career in Russia.

http://allallan.blog...el-datsyuk.html - sad interview and a better look into the life of pasha

I can keep posting more articles if you guys want, I love reading his interviews and each brings alittle more information to the table. Those two articles should be pretty good information though, including how he met his (ex)wife and his sad childhood :(

"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

#20 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,101 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Just google "Puck Daddy chats with Pavel Datsyuk".  You'll see all his interviews with Dmitry Chesnokov.  I didn't realize there were so many until I started searching through them.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid