• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nosyt612

Datsyuk @ KHL Skills Competition

Rate this topic

I had to watch the second one three times to pick up the move he made.

He's like a good musician, or a good actor on stage...you always leave 'em wanting more. And now, their loss is definitely our gain. Welcome home, Pasha!

Guest Playmaker

Making me a little nervous to keep hearing how much Pavel loves playing in Russia, being around his family and friends and being "home". He almost went back and stayed once before. Now with his ex and daughter living over there, the chances of him being around after his next contract aren't sounding good.

Making me a little nervous to keep hearing how much Pavel loves playing in Russia, being around his family and friends and being "home". He almost went back and stayed once before. Now with his ex and daughter living over there, the chances of him being around after his next contract aren't sounding good.

he's already said he will retire from hockey playing in Russia. It's always been the plan from the start, as majority of the Russian players do this anyways. He wanted his daughter and wife to stay in Russia while he plays in America because he doesn't want the family to lose it's cultural roots. If anything, this lockout simply just made us lose 2 more possible years of pasha in America. He would likely have signed a 2-yr extension after this current contract and then head over to the KHL to finish, but seeing how it was these past 3 months, I think his time in America is all but done with this current contract. Then again, these players need to realize that the KHL was like that because it was filled with NHL talent. Unfortunately, they won't have all their friends playing alongside them when they actually retire and go to the league. I'm happy for pasha, originally I was upset and I think we're all mutual with that feeling but when you look into the situation deeper, anyone would most likely do the same thing.

Guest Playmaker

Evil, he doesn't have a wife anymore. His wife and daughter moved back to Russia when they divorced.

Oh jeez that's unfortunate then. Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture. I don't believe his original wife ever came to America. I'm not sure how this changes anything with the situation, if he got a divorce or not. I think his daughter probably holds more pull within his life now, especially because she's older and he's feeling the effects of missing out on his daughters life. She's old enough to start doing things inwhich he isn't around to watch, extra activities whether it be dance, sports, etc.

He's gonna have to start beating the boys off with hockey sticks when it comes to his daughter. She's going to be a beautiful young lady. No wonder he wants to be near her. As much as I hate the thought of him leaving here, I understand it.

Oh jeez that's unfortunate then. Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture. I don't believe his original wife ever came to America. I'm not sure how this changes anything with the situation, if he got a divorce or not. I think his daughter probably holds more pull within his life now, especially because she's older and he's feeling the effects of missing out on his daughters life. She's old enough to start doing things inwhich he isn't around to watch, extra activities whether it be dance, sports, etc.

Yeah, given his personal situation you have to wonder if he's gone after his NHL contract ends next year.

He could be making good money playing in Russia, be near his daughter, family and friends, less chance of being brained out on the ice, and no lockouts. I can't say I'd blame him if he goes, though it would be a huge blow to the Wings.

Guest Playmaker

Evil, do you have any links to any of these interviews with Pav? If so, I'd like to read or view them. He's so quiet and doesn't do interviews very often, and he doesn't seem to talk about his personal life much.

It seems most of the Russian players go back to their homeland when their NHL career has reached its end. They can make a lot of money and the schedule is much easier and their name alone is enough for the fans. Pav wouldn't be at the end of his career in two years.

Evil, do you have any links to any of these interviews with Pav? If so, I'd like to read or view them. He's so quiet and doesn't do interviews very often, and he doesn't seem to talk about his personal life much.

It seems most of the Russian players go back to their homeland when their NHL career has reached its end. They can make a lot of money and the schedule is much easier and their name alone is enough for the fans. Pav wouldn't be at the end of his career in two years.

absolutely ill try and grab it for ya, right now im on mobile. it's actually a really good interview and pretty sad one. he goes into some big details

Still from interviews Pavel always said his daughter wasn't coming to America due to he wanted her to grow up within Russian culture.

As far as popular culture goes it is really no different than US just not in English. Growing up with Russian language sounds more believable to me.

It's hard finding the exact article I wanted, but here are some articles that can help;

http://allhockey.ru/news/59729/ - in this article he explains how he is going to have his daughter start school in Russia, and then she can decide later in life where she wants to go. He also states within this one that he will end his career in Russia.

http://allallan.blogspot.com/2009/04/heartfelt-pavel-datsyuk.html - sad interview and a better look into the life of pasha

I can keep posting more articles if you guys want, I love reading his interviews and each brings alittle more information to the table. Those two articles should be pretty good information though, including how he met his (ex)wife and his sad childhood :(

We all know he's gone soon, it just depends on if he's going to sign a 1-2 yr deal after this current one. I think it will all rely on our performance during this next season and a half. Sure, he just got back from Russia and he just felt what it was like to play hockey in his native homeland. He has a bad taste in his mouth being apart of two separate hockey work stoppages. Hopefully, he can feel like he's back at home and welcomed to the family now that he's back to Detroit. Let him finish out the season and see where his heart wants to be, unfortunately right now the other day he said his heart is still in Russia and it belongs to the KHL. :{

heres the article; http://www.freep.com/article/20130108/SPORTS05/301080126/Extra-points-Sergei-Fedorov-will-miss-Wings-Pavel-Datsyuk-in-Russia

"Of course, I will probably have to leave, but my heart's here," he told Sport-Express. "... Well, at least I celebrated the New Year at home, which for a long time did not happen. There is a possibility that I stay? It is always there. ...

"Actually, I originally wanted to spend the season with CSKA until the end; it is a pleasure to play for their fans, to hear the Russian language."

another with him saying he wants to finish in russia (we all know this); http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2013/01/red_wings_pavel_datsyuk_arrive.html

Datsyuk's contract expires after the 2013-14 season. And he has hinted that he might finish his career in Russia.

“It's my kind of dream to come back and enjoy it with Russian fans because they pull for me in the beginning,'' he said. “You never know how career go.''

watch em while we can folks, cause this boy is headed out. *cries*

Edited by evilzyme

Truth.

Personally, I blame Bettman. And the owners. And the Fehrs. And, last but not least, Russia. What have you done for me lately, Russia? *shakes fist @ Russia*

you know, looking at both of those quotes that I had just thrown up, it actually adds credibility that pavel was certainly apart of the Russian group of players that were announcing they were finishing the season in the KHL. It was rumored that Ovi, Kovy, Malkin and some other NHLers were planning on having a press conference inwhich they were going to announce that they were staying in Russia for the rest of the season. Apparently the NHLPA had talked them out of the press conference and told them that they were going to work to end the lockout asap. Luckily, the CBA finally came to terms before that press conference happened (even though... i still don't get how that would work considering the KHL is honoring the NHL contracts). Maybe the KHL would've stepped up big time and started that contract war if they had datsyuk, ovi, malkin and kovy..

Truth.

Personally, I blame Bettman. And the owners. And the Fehrs. And, last but not least, Russia. What have you done for me lately, Russia? *shakes fist @ Russia*

Blame them for what? As far as I know, it's always been his plan to finish his career in Russia, has nothing to do with lockout. He turns 35 soon, will be 36 after his contract ends. A signficant decline in abilities will come, the question is when. It comes at different times for different players. I'm not as fussed if he plays out his late 30s in Russia (assuming deminishment), but I do like guys to stick around and finish their careers here. I don't know why, there is no real logic to it beyond it feeling good that a player didn't want to go somewhere else. Much less to do with missing out on what they'd bring to the team at the end because the assumption is that there would be much less brought in the end.