• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

When asked how low his heart sank when he heard that Pavel Datsyuk liked playing in Russia during the lockout, Holland said, without elaboration, "It sank very low."

http://www.detroitne...0429/1128/rss16

:(

Don't Toews me, bro!

#22 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

We all know he's gone soon, it just depends on if he's going to sign a 1-2 yr deal after this current one. I think it will all rely on our performance during this next season and a half. Sure, he just got back from Russia and he just felt what it was like to play hockey in his native homeland. He has a bad taste in his mouth being apart of two separate hockey work stoppages. Hopefully, he can feel like he's back at home and welcomed to the family now that he's back to Detroit. Let him finish out the season and see where his heart wants to be, unfortunately right now the other day he said his heart is still in Russia and it belongs to the KHL. :{

heres the article; http://www.freep.com...tsyuk-in-Russia

"Of course, I will probably have to leave, but my heart's here," he told Sport-Express. "... Well, at least I celebrated the New Year at home, which for a long time did not happen. There is a possibility that I stay? It is always there. ...

"Actually, I originally wanted to spend the season with CSKA until the end; it is a pleasure to play for their fans, to hear the Russian language."

another with him saying he wants to finish in russia (we all know this); http://www.mlive.com...yuk_arrive.html

Datsyuk's contract expires after the 2013-14 season. And he has hinted that he might finish his career in Russia.

“It's my kind of dream to come back and enjoy it with Russian fans because they pull for me in the beginning,'' he said. “You never know how career go.''

watch em while we can folks, cause this boy is headed out. *cries*

Edited by evilzyme, 16 January 2013 - 05:09 PM.

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#23 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Truth.

Personally, I blame Bettman. And the owners. And the Fehrs. And, last but not least, Russia. What have you done for me lately, Russia? *shakes fist @ Russia*

Don't Toews me, bro!

#24 evilzyme

evilzyme

Games a gongshow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

Truth.

Personally, I blame Bettman. And the owners. And the Fehrs. And, last but not least, Russia. What have you done for me lately, Russia? *shakes fist @ Russia*

you know, looking at both of those quotes that I had just thrown up, it actually adds credibility that pavel was certainly apart of the Russian group of players that were announcing they were finishing the season in the KHL. It was rumored that Ovi, Kovy, Malkin and some other NHLers were planning on having a press conference inwhich they were going to announce that they were staying in Russia for the rest of the season. Apparently the NHLPA had talked them out of the press conference and told them that they were going to work to end the lockout asap. Luckily, the CBA finally came to terms before that press conference happened (even though... i still don't get how that would work considering the KHL is honoring the NHL contracts). Maybe the KHL would've stepped up big time and started that contract war if they had datsyuk, ovi, malkin and kovy.. 

Pavel Datsyuk - "Pasha" - #13
"Got no fun if you got no puck"
'"I like ladies" - Towards the Lady Byng trophy
"Hannnnnnnnnnk"
"Okay $5 now"

I'm Don Cherry and Danny DeKeyser is my Kadri.

#25 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

Truth.

Blame them for what?  As far as I know, it's always been his plan to finish his career in Russia, has nothing to do with lockout.  He turns 35 soon, will be 36 after his contract ends.  A signficant decline in abilities will come, the question is when.  It comes at different times for different players.  I'm not as fussed if he plays out his late 30s in Russia (assuming deminishment), but I do like guys to stick around and finish their careers here.  I don't know why, there is no real logic to it beyond it feeling good that a player didn't want to go somewhere else.  Much less to do with missing out on what they'd bring to the team at the end because the assumption is that there would be much less brought in the end.

#26 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,086 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sorry, I was just kidding. I should probablly do that less often.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#27 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,476 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

you know, looking at both of those quotes that I had just thrown up, it actually adds credibility that pavel was certainly apart of the Russian group of players that were announcing they were finishing the season in the KHL. It was rumored that Ovi, Kovy, Malkin and some other NHLers were planning on having a press conference inwhich they were going to announce that they were staying in Russia for the rest of the season. Apparently the NHLPA had talked them out of the press conference and told them that they were going to work to end the lockout asap. Luckily, the CBA finally came to terms before that press conference happened (even though... i still don't get how that would work considering the KHL is honoring the NHL contracts). Maybe the KHL would've stepped up big time and started that contract war if they had datsyuk, ovi, malkin and kovy.. 

I've read a bit on Malkin recently and while he liked playing in Russia, he seems happy to be back.  He had some comments about how he has a new appreciation for what it is like for Crosby on a regular basis (i.e. he got a lot of attention while playing in Russia).

“I understand now how hard it is for Sid,” Malkin said, referring to Penguins teammate Sidney Crosby. “He does such a great job. It is hard. I get it.”

He also seems to be the anti-Fedorov if you believe what Gonchar has to say:

“He never wants to be the biggest man in town,” said Gonchar, who shares a floor of an apartment complex with Malkin in Moscow.

“Evgeni would like to play hockey, and he can be the best hockey player,” Gonchar said. “But maybe he would like best to do it out of the spotlight.”