• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Wings give Mike Knuble a tryout

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96
But more often than not, Holland makes the right call. If the Wings were overflowing with good young talent, I'd say no way. But so far, none of these guys have proven they can really perform at the next level consistently.

None of them have been given an opportunity to do so and it looks like they won't get one this year either

Guest Playmaker
the thing that worries me is that he has a good camp and then takes a roster spot away from one of younger guys.

holland needs to realize that this team is in rebuilding mode now. you don't bring in 40 year old veterans on a rebuilding team when you already have several of them on your roster. Even if knuble isn't on the starting roster, chances are he gets the first call up in case of an injury and robs nyquist or tatar of a call up

The Wings only have two forwards over the age of 35...Samuelsson is 36 and Bertuzzi is 37. Only one defenseman over 30...What logical reason would the Wings have for not bringing up a young forward if the scouting and coaching staff thought he could be productive?

I think this could be good for a shortened season and why not? More depth, hard working defensive minded forward. Blast from the past for sure! Give him a shot...

Yeah, why not? It's a shortened season and due to the intensity of it if he has a 2 way our younger guys will still have the opportunity to gain NHL experience when he is being rested.

Especially if we end up making a trade for a #1/#2 d-man.

Edited by Marty Barry