Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:19 PM

Emmerton will play. Get used to it.

#22 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Meh. He was healthy scratched a bit last year in DC. We don't need that, but he may get a 2-way for loyalty's sake. It would be undeserved IMO.

works every time

#23 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Abdelkader is fine at center(2nd best face-off % on team) give him better line-mates then Holmstrom and he'll do fine in that role, it's hard to look good as a 4th line center when there isn't continuity with linemates. Miller-Abdelkader-Tootoo sounds a lot better to me than Miller-Emmerton-Tootoo.

I wouldn't mind a two way deal for Knuble, a little more experience in the bottom 6, good defensively, good guy with the kids in Grand Rapids. Insurance for injuries, and players not playing up to potential. I find very little negatives with this news.

#24 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GoWings1905" data-cid="2339625" data-time="1358048796"><p>
I wouldn't want Knuble playing over Miller. Drew is extremely valuable to the penalty kill (even more with Eaves out) and has shown the ability to chip in offensively.</p></blockquote>
I don't think anyone would argue Miller > Knuble if we're talking player vs. player straight up...

As I said too, I wouldn't want him just given a spot, but I wouldn't mind him getting a 2-way and getting a chance to earn a roster spot over Emmerton... Especially come playoff/injury time...

Edited by stevkrause, 12 January 2013 - 11:27 PM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#25 chances14

chances14

The Magician

• PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

holland's love affair with old washed up veterans gets frustrating sometimes

#26 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="stevkrause" data-cid="2339651" data-time="1358051209"><p>
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GoWings1905" data-cid="2339625" data-time="1358048796"><p><br />
I wouldn't want Knuble playing over Miller. Drew is extremely valuable to the penalty kill (even more with Eaves out) and has shown the ability to chip in offensively.</p></blockquote><br />
I don't think anyone would argue Miller > Knuble if we're talking player vs. player straight up... <br />
<br />
As I said too, I wouldn't want him just given a spot, but I wouldn't mind him getting a 2-way and getting a chance to earn a roster spot over Emmerton... Especially come playoff/injury time...</p></blockquote>

Definitely agree. I don't know how much Knuble has left to offer, but it's still probably more than Emmerton.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#27 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

My question is this. Why? He's washed up. New era for us let us move on please. Thx.

#28 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

If he can still play bring him in on a 1 year contract. This season is a sprint to the end and with so many games in such a short timeframe there is no "if a team can stay healthy". Every team is gonna have an injury problem so grab as much depth as possible. There is nothing wrong with giving him a tryout and if he can play theres nothing wrong with a 1 year contract. 

#29 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

He's old and washed up, but i'd still rather him then Emmerton like many others have said.  I doubt he makes the team, however.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#30 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,603 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:16 AM

M.K.1998UDRC.JPG

• Nev likes this

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#31 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Just because he's getting a try out doesn't mean he's getting on the team.... Maybe he's there to push our guys trying to make it into the lineup to play better. And if knuble happens to outplay them, then he deserves a spot.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#32 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Miller is a wing....Knuble is a center. Both a very good penalty killers.  I am a Miller fan too, but the Wings are in more need of a 4th line center than another winger. Nothing personal, just business...

Knuble is not a center.

#33 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:25 AM

Well if it works out, nice if not no worries here so it is worth a shot I guess.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#34 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

I like.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#35 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

Emmerton laughs at this proposterousness.

#36 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:50 AM

My question is this. Why? He's washed up. New era for us let us move on please. Thx.

Some people really don't seem to understand the concept of a tryout. There is absolutely no guarantee that he will be given a contract, just as there is absolutely nothing to lose by letting him try for one.

#37 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Dan Cloutier tried out once too. I don't really anticipate anything coming of this, let our youth play and develop.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#38 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

I seem to remember before all of the lockout nonsense reading an interview where Knuble said it would be a dream come true to get to finish his career with Detroit.. so why not at least give him a chance to prove he can do it?..

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Johnz96" data-cid="2339703" data-time="1358062348"><p>
Knuble is not a center.</p></blockquote>
He's played a great deal at wing, but he can, and has, played center as well...

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BlazeYoungblood" data-cid="2339714" data-time="1358081480"><p>
Dan Cloutier tried out once too. I don't really anticipate anything coming of this, let our youth play and develop.</p></blockquote>
Agreed, I doubt he'll make the team on anything other than a 2-way deal, so, where's the harm? Almost certainly nothing will come of this, and if it does, it will be for a good reason

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#40 MasterPavel

MasterPavel

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

What is your love affair with Emmerton? He has one skill which is skating. Everything else with him is a negative when he is on the ice.