• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumnj

Detroit Red Wings vs Grand Rapids Griffins Jan 15th @ 6pm ET

Rate this topic

“We have four guys in Grand Rapids, forwards, that are dying to be Red Wings, in (Gustav) Nyquist, (Tomas) Tatar, (Joakim)Andersson and (Riley) Sheahan. They think they’re ready to be on the team, so they’re ready to go if (others) are not ready to go.”

Here are the preliminary lineups for the Red and White game (line combinations and defense pairings):

RED TEAM

(Forwards)

Jan Mursak-Henrik Zetterberg-Damien Brunner

Drew Miller-Cory Emmerton-Jordin Tootoo,

Tomas Tatar-Riley Sheahan-Gustav Nyquist

Tomas Jurco-Louis-Marc Aubry-Mitchell Callahan

(Defense)

Niklas Kronwall-Jonathan Ericsson

Nathan Paetsch-Brian Lashoff

Chad Billins-Brennan Evans

(Goaltender)

Jonas Gustavsson

WHITE TEAM

(Forwards)

Johan Franzen-Valtteri Filppula-Mike Knuble

Todd Bertuzzi-Justin Abdelkader-Daniel Cleary

Patrick Eaves-Luke Glendening-Landon Ferraro

Trevor Parkes-Jeff Hoggan

(Defense)

Kyle Quincey-Brendan Smith

Jakub Kindl-Ian White

Adam Almquist-Carlo Colaiacovo

Max Nicastro

(Goaltender)

Jimmy Howard

The teams will be mixed up, both teams having some NHL and AHL lines/d-pairs. Howard will bein goal and Gus in the other, doesn't seem like Mrazek will play. Which is fine, Howie and Gus are the ones who really need to get up to speed. I really, really hope some awesome human being streams this.

Well that sucks about Mrazek but I do understand both Howard in one net and Gus in the other.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Greatness=PavelDatsyuk" data-cid="2340231" data-time="1358268680"><p>

Yeah, and hopefully Gus will shine enough that we can split the workload between the two.</p></blockquote>

I'm excited for monster. He was who I hoped we were going to sign to back up jimmy and I was stoked when we did. But, in all honesty, I think both him and jimmy are going to be a little rusty in the red and white game.. Hopefully I'm wrong.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Greatness=PavelDatsyuk" data-cid="2340231" data-time="1358268680"><p>

Yeah, and hopefully Gus will shine enough that we can split the workload between the two.</p></blockquote>

I'm excited for monster. He was who I hoped we were going to sign to back up jimmy and I was stoked when we did. But, in all honesty, I think both him and jimmy are going to be a little rusty in the red and white game.. Hopefully I'm wrong.

I would think they would have a little rust, but not that much beyond anyone else. Weren't both of them attending the "Troy training camp" that the players had organized themselves? I would imagine they both were taking shots during the lockout and had a chance to adjust themselves to the puck again, but obviously not game ready. I think this game will be beneficial by all means and wonder how many other teams are following suite.

legit game like full speed full contact or just a scrimmage?

will def need a stream

What are the chances of finding a stream online for this?
i would stream it if i knew how but i highly doubt i have any of the equipment to pull it off and ill just be getting.home at 6pm :(

SHHHHHHHHhhhhh....stop talking about that :ninja: