• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

drumnj

Detroit Red Wings vs Grand Rapids Griffins Jan 15th @ 6pm ET

Rate this topic

I know it's late but I have a stream if anyone is interested.

I would love it if you could post the link

Agree....he has been given tons of chances in his career to make the top 6 defenders. He is not gonna do it again this season. He is done.

I also agree that Mursak isn't look so good and haven't heard much about Emmy besides he changed his number.

Those three are expendable in my book. Franzen had a couple of attempts, but he isn't "playing" Holmstrom like he is supposed to. His job is to stand in front of the net on the PP. He is trying to do too much... He has a chance to win me over this short season, so far, I am not too impressed.

I think Tootoo is playing hard, I am very impressed with Brunner. The "kids" are playing a solid game. I seen a lot of Knuble in the 1st, but haven't heard much in the second. He doesn't look 40, but needs to really impress to beat out Eaves and or Miller. Of course if Nyquist starts in GR and Mursak and Emmy get waived (or traded) Knuble could slip in...

All in all, they don't look too bad. They will do better than most people think this short season. Covo looks very solid and looks like he will win the 6th spot from Kindl.

Datsyuk - Zetterberg - Brunner could be a top line in scoring this season. That gives Flip the second spot and the Bert - Helm - Cleary line is gonna be a bruiser! Along with Abby-Tootoo combo. I am optimistic about this team! I am with them until the end!

what number has Emmerton changed to?

well monster had a better game, but howie had a better shootout

Other than 2 weak goals that can be blamed on rust, I thought Howie looked real good actually.

Gus on the other hand was a bit shaky, he got lucky a couple of times during the game.

Fun game all in all.

Also, monster had 4 of our NHL defensemen, while howie had simply Kronner and Ericsson. Kronner uses his body more, and Big rid finally has started to realize he also, is big. When an intersquad scrimmage happens like this and there's no hitting, it's at their disadvantage. Obviously we aren't going to judge howie and monster from games like this!

Seems like Z lost all his faceoffs to Filppula in the scrimmage. Don't know the exact numbers but they can't be all that great.

Weird....did he not take any draws in Switzerland????

Guest irishock

Hoping it's Flip's improvement on faceoffs since he has to center a top 6 line now, rather than Hank's inability to win faceoffs

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Red Wings Addict" data-cid="2340469" data-time="1358304655"><p>

Seems like Z lost all his faceoffs to Filppula in the scrimmage. Don't know the exact numbers but they can't be all that great. </p></blockquote>

Hopefully that does mean Filp is getting better. If hank struggles, he can switch with Pav too.. That's one big benefit to them being on the same line.

After watching this game I am really looking forward to seeing the Dats,Z,Brunner line. I think that they are really going to tear it up. They may need to with the D the Wings are fielding. Can't wait for Saturday.

Crap, I hit 1000 posts on this thread, that only took over 10 years on this board. :scared: