• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kook_10

Habs Tell Gomez - Don't Bother Coming To Camp

Rate this topic

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2339742" data-time="1358095533"><p>

Sign him Kenny!<br />

<br />

<br />

<br />

Just wanted to be the first to do it, before anyone else did.</p></blockquote>

Detroit does have a way of rejuvenating careers...

Sucks for Gomez and Redden. I know that they are getting paid but as any hockey player knows you want to play the game. I think these players if not on LTIR should have to be waived or exposed to waivers or ? Starting to see too much of this happening where a contract doesnt work out. Needs to be something done. Souray, Redden, Gomez etc

Guest The Axe

As i said in another thread, NEW general managers will be buying out players. Holland, or any other long term gm's, arent going to openly show their mistakes (if they have any).

Would he be worth a shot at for less than $1M? Serious question...I know we have no room, but maybe a shot at him in this sprint to the Cup?

I'm sure he can help some team, but I just don't see the fit for us. We have enough offensively minded, small guys right now in the bottom 6. We need defensively responsible physical players, if we are looking to improve in the bottom 6.

Guest irishock

It's not entirely his fault for his current situation. If a team comes in and offers you 50 mil for 7 years, you don't say, "Nah, I'm worth 25 mil for 7 years. I'll take that".

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="haroldsnepsts" data-cid="2339786" data-time="1358107092"><p>

I think Dipietro's is still worse because he's been injured for so much of it and still has so long to go. <br />

<br />

Gomez is grossly overpaid but is at least in the lineup.</p></blockquote>

Good point. The injury provision is a pain.

Guest Johnz96

Maybe we should sign him to a 2 yr no trade contract to solidify our bottom 6 forwards with a veteran

From TSN:

The NHL and NHL Players' Association have come to an agreement on players being forced to stay home for salary cap reasons this season.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun of ESPN.com, teams are now eligible to exercise an "accelerated compliance buyout" on one player with a salary cap hit of $3 million or more before the regular season begins on Saturday.

If a compliance buyout is used this week, a team will have only one left to use next summer.

Gomez Rules.

Guest Crymson
Would he be worth a shot at for less than $1M? Serious question...I know we have no room, but maybe a shot at him in this sprint to the Cup?

The guy didn't score a goal for more than a year. No thanks.