• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

What the Wings are doing for the fans

Rate this topic

Or have a free skate with the players and signings after maybe?

That would be cool. Extra signings and appearances and all that.

I don't live near enough to make it happen, but it'd be cool for those who can.

I guess my point (lost in sarcasm and crankyoldladybitchiness) was that the NHL and teams will have to do a heck of a lot to make up for putting us through a lost half a season. At this point, pretty much anything short of a cup has the smack of the "our fans are the greatest- we knew you'd be back" crap they've been spitting at us.

Both the team and the players are going to have to go all out to make up for making us sit here for months and listen to each other pretend like we know what we're talking about without ripping each others' ears off.

The LA Kings donated $1 million to the local community and had an autograph signing at Staples. That's a pretty good start.

The city of Detroit could certainly benefit from something like that.

Mr. I would have to pay the city back the $70 mil he owes them first lol. I would be happy with a ticket giveaway through facebook for like 2500 people for 5 games or something... anything aside from fee free for 36 hours crap

The LA Kings donated $1 million to the local community and had an autograph signing at Staples. That's a pretty good start.

The city of Detroit could certainly benefit from something like that.

Thats really impressive but keep in mind they are playing in a city where hockey really isn't that famous, I think they are lifing in the Kings shadow a bit.

I say lots of freebies, tons of autograph signings and player meet and greets, plus severely discounted tickets so that fans will be enticed to return to the Joe and have more extra money to spend to help those who were really affected by the lockout--the downtown restaurant and bar owners and anyone else who's business has taken a hit from this.

Mr. I would have to pay the city back the $70 mil he owes them first lol. I would be happy with a ticket giveaway through facebook for like 2500 people for 5 games or something... anything aside from fee free for 36 hours crap

I keep forgetting about that.

Not being in Detroit anymore I kind of missed that story. He really owes $70 mill in taxes? It's surprising given how much he's done for the city. He obviously cares about Detroit.

EDIT: Most stories I found say he owes $1.5 mill in back property taxes, which he disputes. Weirdly all the 70 mill number seems to be on hockey related sites.

Thats really impressive but keep in mind they are playing in a city where hockey really isn't that famous, I think they are lifing in the Kings shadow a bit.

Definitely. I think they do a pretty good job promoting the team given they have to work extra hard to get people's attention. I thought the Kings twitter account was brilliant.

Even though hockey is already big in Detroit and Ilitch can pretty much count on fans coming crawling back, it still would be a big gesture for the city.

Guest Playmaker

Just as the other lockouts, the Wings do absolutely nothing for the fans. They totally take the fans for granted. Like it would kill them to give a way some free tickets or merchandise, free pizza or something. Hey, we'll waive our outrageous fees for a few days. Really?

I keep forgetting about that.

Not being in Detroit anymore I kind of missed that story. He really owes $70 mill in taxes? It's surprising given how much he's done for the city. He obviously cares about Detroit.

EDIT: Most stories I found say he owes $1.5 mill in back property taxes, which he disputes. Weirdly all the 70 mill number seems to be on hockey related sites.

Definitely. I think they do a pretty good job promoting the team given they have to work extra hard to get people's attention. I thought the Kings twitter account was brilliant.

Even though hockey is already big in Detroit and Ilitch can pretty much count on fans coming crawling back, it still would be a big gesture for the city.

Sure. This Roubitaille guy seems to be a very smart marketing person, the Kings are doing an excellent job in that regard.

Funny, the most storied franchises original 6 plus teams like Philly, Vancouver, Calgary are doing absolutely nothing. The Flyers way to say "sorry" is "to flyer you up" even the term itself is stupid. Just saw a Bruins billboard stating "Lets Go Bruins" would love seeing someone, take that crap down.

A nice gesture would have been, to pay the 1m fine and speak up against the nickle and dime owners, would have given us an advantage when it comes to UFA signings. Sadly, the most storied franchises are taking fans for granted.

I would love free NHL game center for the rest of the season.

I am contemplating getting GameCenter because that is the only way I can see hockey here in Italy. Any word on registration or fees? I assume you like it if you are renewing.