• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
vladdy16

What the Wings are doing for the fans

Rate this topic

I am contemplating getting GameCenter because that is the only way I can see hockey here in Italy. Any word on registration or fees? I assume you like it if you are renewing.

I've never had it but I want to reduce my cable bill and I believe getting GameCenter would be one of things I can do to help do that.

and are starting a "fee free" presale through Ticketmaster on all home games starting the 17th.

I think this one is funny. I've waived the Ticketmaster fees for years. I just call the Red Wings for tickets and pick them up at Will Call on game day.

Guest The Axe

Wings fill their arena anyway. No reason to discount. If only 2500 people show up for game 1, then there will be a reason.

Center Ice would especially be a ripoff as a Wings fan this season. Out of 48 games, 13 are nationally televised (meaning either NBC, NBCS or NHL Network), which means Center Ice won't carry them. Not worth it.

Actually, according to the NHL's site, 21 games are nationally televised on one of those three:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?season=20122013&gameType=2&team=DET&network=&venue=

I read somewhere that the Lightning are selling 200 seats for $200 each for a season ticket. They're nosebleed, I'm sure, but $8.33 per game is cheaper than the local junior team.

So far they've opened up practices to the general public (schedule here) and are starting a "fee free" presale through Ticketmaster on all home games starting the 17th. They will be emailing a password, which I will post here.

Just heard on the radio: in addition to the no fees, they will (continue to) have select $9 tickets for Saturday games. There is also rumored to be discount/free concessions.

Hate to break it to some people, I am not sure you'll be getting a password. Mine was my Season Ticket Account Number, and I am not risking being the guy who's code is used 100+ times...or risk some stealing my tickets.

Hate to break it to some people, I am not sure you'll be getting a password. Mine was my Season Ticket Account Number, and I am not risking being the guy who's code is used 100+ times...or risk some stealing my tickets.

Well the stars are doing it really simple their code is "stars" why can't the Red Wings use such a simple codeword?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="vladdy16" data-cid="2340765" data-time="1358380774"><p>

The password is "Zetterberg."<br />

<br />

Did anyone else read that in a whispery voice? Internet cool points to anyone who knows what I'm referring to.</p></blockquote>

Allen Ludden (the original host if I recall correctly) would be proud. I remember watching it with my grandmother.

Too bad I live in PA. I'd love to hit a couple games.

I would be happy with a ticket giveaway through facebook for like 2500 people for 5 games or something...

All of us without Facebook accounts are currently extending our middle fingers in your direction...:D

red wings don't control that. that is up to the league

League doesn't control Centre Ice either, that's up to the cable companies.

True, but the league could subsidize it to make it cheaper for the fans.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Rebound