• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#21 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,910 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

Ottawa are doing 14-and-under free, half priced merch, and $1 popcorn on opening night.

Better than a kick in the nutz, I suppose.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#22 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:07 AM

I keep forgetting about that. 

Not being in Detroit anymore I kind of missed that story.  He really owes $70 mill in taxes? It's surprising given how much he's done for the city.  He obviously cares about Detroit.  

EDIT: Most stories I found say he owes $1.5 mill in back property taxes, which he disputes.  Weirdly all the 70 mill number seems to be on hockey related sites.  

Definitely.  I think they do a pretty good job promoting the team given they have to work extra hard to get people's attention.  I thought the Kings twitter account was brilliant. 

Even though hockey is already big in Detroit and Ilitch can pretty much count on fans coming crawling back, it still would be a big gesture for the city. 

Sure. This Roubitaille guy seems to be a very smart marketing person, the Kings are doing an excellent job in that regard.

Funny, the most storied franchises original 6 plus teams like Philly, Vancouver, Calgary are doing absolutely nothing. The Flyers way to say "sorry" is "to flyer you up" even the term itself is stupid. Just saw a Bruins billboard stating "Lets Go Bruins" would love seeing someone, take that crap down.

A nice gesture would have been, to pay the 1m fine and speak up against the nickle and dime owners, would have given us an advantage when it comes to UFA signings. Sadly, the most storied franchises are taking fans for granted.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#23 LoungeRat

LoungeRat

Draftee

• 4 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

I would love free NHL game center for the rest of the season.

I am contemplating getting GameCenter because that is the only way I can see hockey here in Italy. Any word on registration or fees? I assume you like it if you are renewing.

#24 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

I want to see them pull off a hot dog eating contest for the fans.  If you can beat Larry Murphy, you get a free 9 game ticket package for 2.  

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,096 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:42 AM

I want to see them pull off a hot dog eating contest for the fans.  If you can beat Larry Murphy, you get a free 9 game ticket package for 2.  

no one can win that :(

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,959 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

no one can win that :(

Up the incentives then.  Free season tickets for the 2013-14 season.

#27 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

I am contemplating getting GameCenter because that is the only way I can see hockey here in Italy. Any word on registration or fees? I assume you like it if you are renewing.

I've never had it but I want to reduce my cable bill and I believe getting GameCenter would be one of things I can do to help do that.

#28 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

and are starting a "fee free" presale through  Ticketmaster on all home games starting the 17th.

I think this one is funny. I've waived the Ticketmaster fees for years. I just call the Red Wings for tickets and pick them up at Will Call on game day.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#29 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Wings fill their arena anyway. No reason to discount. If only 2500 people show up for game 1, then there will be a reason.

#30 A.T.Hun

A.T.Hun

You wouldn't like Wayne when he's angry . . .

• Gold Booster
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Center Ice would especially be a ripoff as a Wings fan this season. Out of 48 games, 13 are nationally televised (meaning either NBC, NBCS or NHL Network), which means Center Ice won't carry them. Not worth it.

Actually, according to the NHL's site, 21 games are nationally televised on one of those three:

http://www.nhl.com/i...network=&venue=

I read somewhere that the Lightning are selling 200 seats for $200 each for a season ticket. They're nosebleed, I'm sure, but $8.33 per game is cheaper than the local junior team.

#31 DatsyukianDangler

DatsyukianDangler

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

So far they've opened up practices to the general public (schedule here) and are starting a "fee free" presale through  Ticketmaster on all home games starting the 17th.  They will be emailing a password, which I will post here.

Just heard on the radio: in addition to the no fees, they will (continue to) have select $9 tickets for Saturday games. There is also rumored to be discount/free concessions.

#32 jkruczek91

jkruczek91

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well the presale started at 10am, but I do not know the password and it has not bee posted here yet. Did they even send out the password yet?

#33 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

I've heard from others they haven't been emailed the password yet either.  Not sure what the holdup is.

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#34 lidstromfan5

lidstromfan5

The reason why God invented Speed Limits!

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

Hate to break it to some people, I am not sure you'll be getting a password. Mine was my Season Ticket Account Number, and I am not risking being the guy who's code is used 100+ times...or risk some stealing my tickets.

I hate People who have a signature.

#35 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:46 AM

Hate to break it to some people, I am not sure you'll be getting a password. Mine was my Season Ticket Account Number, and I am not risking being the guy who's code is used 100+ times...or risk some stealing my tickets.

Well the stars are doing it really simple their code is "stars" why can't the Red Wings use such a simple codeword?

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#36 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

The password should come out today.

Attached Files

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#37 R3dwing5_13

R3dwing5_13

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

I spent 6+ hours last night searching for the password which turned out to be a waste oh well cant wait for tomorrow to get some tickets!

#38 dwinger

dwinger

Draftee

• 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Any password sighting yet from anyone?

#39 gowingsgo

gowingsgo

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,793 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

You know what I want them to do for the fans?

Win the Cup.

Then let each of us spend a day with it. (Not holding my breath on that one.)

Winning the Cup would be a good start.

NHL Playoffs = Mule Season. Lets Go Wings

#40 sin999

sin999

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

Anyone get the password?