• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingNation43

Wings Looking For Defenseman

Rate this topic

Yea I believe thats what they said in the article, I don't see any moves being made to be honest, are you guys worried about the defensive crop right now were you think it would be necessary to pull the trigger on a deal?

Yea I believe thats what they said in the article, I don't see any moves being made to be honest, are you guys worried about the defensive crop right now were you think it would be necessary to pull the trigger on a deal?

Not if it costs us anyone in our top 6 but franzen, and maybe tatar

Hmm that is interesting, Franzen really has this fan base twisted, some love the guy and think he can turn it around, some think he's a lazy inconsistent player who needs to be gone, I'd like to give the Mule one more year to prove himself and its hard with Tatar because he has good potential just never gets the chance because of the overstock of forwards we have

The Wings need a #2 D-man more than they need Franzen, Tatar, etc.

And they need a guy who can play in a solid, minute-eating, shut-down role. I think the back end has enough puck-movers and point producers.

Flip won’t be traded when he’s a UFA at year’s end unless it’s to a top contender (and a top contender would not trade away a #2 D-man).

All I know is that the Forward group has enough depth to absorb a trade if it means shoring up the D.

This:

Kronwall - Legit #2 shut-down guy

Smith - Ericsson

White - Quincey

Carlo/Kindl

Looks waaaay better than this:

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Quincey

White - Carlo

Kindl

But yeah, I’d say TFP is just raking old coals here.

Edited by rick zombo

The article says:

The Wings showed interest in Bouwmeester last season, along with Phoenix Coyotes defenseman Keith Yandle, though it's unclear if talks have resumed in the last week.

But negotiations were only allowed to resume as of midnight eastern. So it seems like the person writing this article doesn't actually know anything, but is just re-hashing rumors that other people reported over the summer.

Dealing is a two way street, the Wings need a legitimate top 2 defense, we have none so far. These guys are extremely hard to get so either say goodbye to Nyquist, Smith + Filp OR draft one, because if the Blues are going to protect Pietrangelo we can't even sign one thanks to be stupid cap.

Franzen, Tatar, Mursak, Emmerton and whoever else aren't having much value to us so what makes you believe other teams are lining up to pay a ransom for them?

Yandle is solid but nowhere near the quality I expect from a DRW #1/#2 guy.

Can you buy a player? Can the Wings offer 25 million for Yandle?

I would be happy with kenny giving the league the money to buy out yandle and then having a stipulation where they get the rights for him and get to sign him (same goes for bouwmeester) :)

I would be happy with kenny giving the league the money to buy out yandle and then having a stipulation where they get the rights for him and get to sign him (same goes for bouwmeester) :)

Ya how about using that money for yozur own organization instead of giving it away - throw it down the toilet - called revenue sharing.

If the damn NHLPA would have decertified our D would have been fixed before the season even started, it is really to bad. One of Weber, Suter, Letang, Pietrangelo, Doughty would be wearing the DRW logo and the D would be set for the next decade.

If Howard or Gustavsson are playing lights out this team will make the playoffs if not streak done.

If the damn NHLPA would have decertified our D would have been fixed before the season even started, it is really to bad. One of Weber, Suter, Letang, Pietrangelo, Doughty would be wearing the DRW logo and the D would be set for the next decade.

If Howard or Gustavsson are playing lights out this team will make the playoffs if not streak done.

if they decertified, nobody would be playing any nhl hockey for the foreseable future

the only notable dman i see the wings getting in a trade would be boumeester and even then i think it's a stretch. i don't think there's any chance the wings get yandle since they will want several young forwards in any trade for him,something that the wings can't really afford to give up imo.

an interesting player to look at for this season would be visnovsky. he would probably be had for dirt cheap from the islanders if the wings could get him to come back over to north america.

Guest Crymson

What I think is that this article of yours cites no sources whatsoever. It is, in its entirety, complete speculation. Even the claim that the Wings were interested in Bouwmeester last summer was never actually confirmed.

People on this forum should really be more careful about examining the legitimacy and reputability of sources before putting stock into them. In my opinion, this thread belongs more in the 'Rumors' subforum than it does here.

Phoenix has no money since they have no owner...this could be easier than it looks if a deal is done before someone buys them.

Phoenix is currently owned by the NHL and will not be making stupid trades. I doubt Phoenix will be making any trades at all, for that matter.

Edited by Crymson

What I think is that this article of yours cites no sources whatsoever. It is, in its entirety, complete speculation. Even the claim that the Wings were interested in Bouwmeester last summer was never actually confirmed.

People on this forum should really be more careful about examining the legitimacy and reputability of sources before putting stock into them. In my opinion, this thread belongs more in the 'Rumors' subforum than it does here.

actually the wings did confirm that they had interest in boumeester during the summer

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/08/red_wings_talking_to_calgary_f.html

Yandle is not what we need. He's a good player, but I'd think Bouwmeester would be a better fit for what we need. Good size, defensively responsible, decent first passer, great skater. Bouwmeester might not be a better player, but he would fit our needs more imo.

if they decertified, nobody would be playing any nhl hockey for the foreseable future

the only notable dman i see the wings getting in a trade would be boumeester and even then i think it's a stretch. i don't think there's any chance the wings get yandle since they will want several young forwards in any trade for him,something that the wings can't really afford to give up imo.

an interesting player to look at for this season would be visnovsky. he would probably be had for dirt cheap from the islanders if the wings could get him to come back over to north america.

Lockout would have been ruled against employees rights so we would have hockey and a ton of great UFA players waiting to get a ringtone from Kenny.

I think Visnovsky is playing the slovakian league for his hometown team and wants to stay there. I'd take Boumeester over Yandle any day and 3 times out of 3, given the right system this guy can be a stud again but I don't think Holland is willing to move the pieces to get him.

Guest Crymson
Lockout would have been ruled against employees rights so we would have hockey and a ton of great UFA players waiting to get a ringtone from Kenny.

I think Visnovsky is playing the slovakian league for his hometown team and wants to stay there. I'd take Boumeester over Yandle any day and 3 times out of 3, given the right system this guy can be a stud again but I don't think Holland is willing to move the pieces to get him.

Bouwmeester is crap. He's a strong skater and he's durable. Beyond that, he's not much above average. Yandle is far more valuable.

actually the wings did confirm that they had interest in boumeester during the summer

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2012/08/red_wings_talking_to_calgary_f.html

That supposed "team source" was one for Calgary, and was the genesis of the entire rumor. He was not a reputable source.

Yandle is not what we need. He's a good player, but I'd think Bouwmeester would be a better fit for what we need. Good size, defensively responsible, decent first passer, great skater. Bouwmeester might not be a better player, but he would fit our needs more imo.

He's got a giant contract that he's not even remotely worth, and Calgary will demand a lot in return for him.

I can't see post-lockout-lockout Holland making a big splash in the trade market. He believes too much in developing his own players. Maybe we could put together some lower tier guys and get a half-way decent defenseman via trade, but I feel we are SOL for a top 2 d-man. It's either going to come from free-agency or from our young guns. This year might be a wash if our team can't learn how to play around the hole our old captain left.

I don't really have a read on how the organization feels about Franzen's contract, but statistically he is one of our better players. So if anything, Holland can tell teams that are interested that he's sending them our top goal scorer. I know many defend Franzen, but considering his streakiness and our lack of defense, I would definitely deal him for an equally valuable d-man on paper.