• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingNation43

Wings Looking For Defenseman

Rate this topic

Subban

Volchenkov

Ellerby

I like Volchenkov, and Ellerby. Subban, I could take or leave. He's a good player and all, but I'm not worried about our defensemen scoring, I'm worried about physical/shutdown play, and the PK. Volchenkov for sure. Or maybe Robyn Regehr. That guy's a beast too.

Yea, I'm on the Volchenkov bandwagon. Get it done Kenny. We need some defensive depth with all these injuries. I want Holland to make a move to make us better not bide time.

ken hollan d was on the radio today and said his just fine with the d he feels they are good and will improve and doesnt see any reason to doubt them so that there states there wont be any moves i think we al need to accept that this is what we are going to get sadly because either he is to affaid to move anyone or just lazy

Edited by sjr2013

I like Volchenkov, and Ellerby. Subban, I could take or leave. He's a good player and all, but I'm not worried about our defensemen scoring, I'm worried about physical/shutdown play, and the PK. Volchenkov for sure. Or maybe Robyn Regehr. That guy's a beast too.

I recommended Regehr awhile back. Crymson yelled at me and I cried and I have not spoken of the matter since then.

I share your concerns. We need an ass-kicker. We need a down-shutter.

ken hollan d was on the radio today and said his just fine with the d he feels they are good and will improve and doesnt see any reason to doubt them so that there states there wont be any moves i think we al need to accept that this is what we are going to get sadly because either he is to affaid to move anyone or just lazy

Called posturing, he's not going to come right now and say we need defensive help, because that would only hurt him when he talks to other teams. I think he's hand will be forced with the injuries.

On another note, keep in mind we'll probably have to overpay significantly to get a top 4 defensive guy. They seem to be rare these days, and if Quincey was had for a first rounder you can imagine what a player like Volchenkov will demand.

Called posturing, he's not going to come right now and say we need defensive help, because that would only hurt him when he talks to other teams. I think he's hand will be forced with the injuries.

On another note, keep in mind we'll probably have to overpay significantly to get a top 4 defensive guy. They seem to be rare these days, and if Quincey was had for a first rounder you can imagine what a player like Volchenkov will demand.

I really don't think we would have to "overpay" for a top four. We got Brad Stuart for a 2nd and a 4th round pick wasn't it? The thing that makes defensemen expensive is if they score a lot of points. Get a big bodied, shut down, defenseman like Stuart was and they come fairly cheap because they rarely score.

Edited by kipwinger

Garbage in, garbage out. If it's a veteran free agent who isn't currently signed with anyone, then there's probably a reason for that. Need to make a trade and bring someone in that's worth a damn.

Haha, just thought of something. It's probably Mike F'king Commodore.

In this case "veteran" better mean a 29-32 year old and not a 36-38 year old or I'm going to be pissed.

Who wants to bet it's signing Nathan Paetsch to a 2-way deal so he can be brought up

Holland's been on the phone for the past two hours trying to get a "veteran defenseman" for tonight's game against Dallas.

I'm calling it. It's Lilja.

That actually wouldn't be that surprising...

New Jersey has had Adam Larsson as a healthy scratch the last two nights, wonder if they could be a trading partner. Volchenkov, Tallinder, and Fayne would all be good additions. Volchenkov has a NTC, but hasn't been playing a ton for them, wondered if it's a limited one or not? Andy Greene would be amazing, but I doubt they would let him go play on the top pairing. Tallinder is a steady veteran, probably the easiest to bait a trade for and cheapest. Fayne is young, on a great deal, and is playing very very well.

I don't think it makes sense to give away Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard. As far as I'm concerned they are the four untouchables. That makes Franzen and Fil our two highest-value players as trade bait. I'm actually not even comfortable with trading away Fil given his great year last year. I wonder if maybe this team could work out? Brendan Smith's first full year as a Red Wing. Worst case scenerio we finish poorly, get a good draft pick, and use some cap space to get a good free agent defenseman. I know that failed last year, but I still have trust in Ken Holland. It could be a tough road, or maybe it will just be some years of having to fight for the last playoff spots.

I don't think it makes sense to give away Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard. As far as I'm concerned they are the four untouchables. That makes Franzen and Fil our two highest-value players as trade bait. I'm actually not even comfortable with trading away Fil given his great year last year. I wonder if maybe this team could work out? Brendan Smith's first full year as a Red Wing. Worst case scenerio we finish poorly, get a good draft pick, and use some cap space to get a good free agent defenseman. I know that failed last year, but I still have trust in Ken Holland. It could be a tough road, or maybe it will just be some years of having to fight for the last playoff spots.

"Hi, guys. I'm Doug."

"Hi, Doug."

"There was a time when I had a pretty good thing going. But then I wouldn't trade Filapoola. Before I knew it, I was on a real tough road, a downward spiral. Spent two years fighting, scraping just to get into the playoffs. Oh, sure, I had my moments, but..."