• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWingNation43

Wings Looking For Defenseman

Rate this topic

White needs to come back. If defense is a huge weakness, we can't afford to lose any competent defenders. On the blue line, Kronwall and White would be untouchable. Smith is very close to being untouchable, unless they can land someone his own age but better, and Lashoff should stay to develop. I think Big Rig has a NTC, so we are atuck with him. Buy Cola, Huskins and Kindl are fair game, though Huskins is proving his worth.

On the front end Flip is expendable. He's good, but we can do without him if we get something good in return.

White needs to come back. If defense is a huge weakness, we can't afford to lose any competent defenders. On the blue line, Kronwall and White would be untouchable. Smith is very close to being untouchable, unless they can land someone his own age but better, and Lashoff should stay to develop. I think Big Rig has a NTC, so we are atuck with him. Buy Cola, Huskins and Kindl are fair game, though Huskins is proving his worth.

On the front end Flip is expendable. He's good, but we can do without him if we get something good in return.

I wouldn't call White untouchable given that he's a UFA at the end of the season. If the Wings are out of the race & a team wants to pick him up for the stretch run or playoffs, flip him for an extra pick or prospect if possible.

I honestly think that the problem with the defense (aside from the injuries) is that we've got some quality defenders, but they all largely play the same type of game, with varying degrees of skill level. Quincey, White, Colaiacovo, Smith, Kindl, and Kronwall all play essentially the exact same type of game. As such, when you pair any two of them together one of them is forced to play a different type of game than he is used to, and a different type of game than what made him a professional in the first place. I don't think we need a superstar defenseman right now, I think our defense would be fine if Holland was able to land a first rate stay at home defenseman, who cares if he can score or not, and let him play with Kronwall. Then let Ericsson play on the second pair with White or Smith, and Lashoff on the third with whoever is left. Then all of our offensive minded puck movers can do what got them into the league in the first place, and the defensive PAIRINGS will work more efficiently.

Guest The Axe

Jimmy Howard not a necessity? Ok.

You are a Howard fanatic, though!! He wont win 24 games this year.

Guest The Axe

Jimmy has an average win% over three years of 60% if he starts 40 games this year, it is not illogical to believe he can get 24 wins

Im telling you he wont win 24 games this year.

Im telling you he wont win 24 games this year.

I can see this happening too, but you're not really saying much. Will he not win 24 games because he's not any good, or because the team isn't any good? Now if you said, "The Wings will win their division, but Howard won't win 24 games", that would be saying something.

I can see this happening too, but you're not really saying much. Will he not win 24 games because he's not any good, or because the team isn't any good? Now if you said, "The Wings will win their division, but Howard won't win 24 games", that would be saying something.

If he doesn't win 24, it'll be because of the team.. He's a good tender and he's been playing great so far this season.

If he doesn't win 24, it'll be because of the team.. He's a good tender and he's been playing great so far this season.

I completely agree. That's my point. If you say "Jimmy won't win 24" without qualifying it, you're not saying anything at all. You're not really explaining why. Jimmy's a good goalie, and I'm not sure whether he'll win 24 or not because I don't know what type of team we have yet. But he's certainly capable of winning that number of games behind a team that can score on the ******* powerplay once in a while...but I digress.

Edited by kipwinger

I completely agree. That's my point. If you say "Jimmy won't win 24" without qualifying it, you're not saying anything at all. You're not really explaining why. Jimmy's a good goalie, and I'm not sure whether he'll win 24 or not because I don't know what type of team we have yet. But he's certainly capable of winning that number of games behind a team that can score on the ******* powerplay once in a while...but I digress.

Exactly, if we can start putting some pucks in the net (with the talent we have, we should be able to) jimmy can easily get 24 wins, while monster takes like 6-7