• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#261 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Apparently we're working on signing someone.
http://www.freep.com...roit Red Wings)

Who wants to bet it's signing Nathan Paetsch to a 2-way deal so he can be brought up

Holland's been on the phone for the past two hours trying to get a "veteran defenseman" for tonight's game against Dallas.

I'm calling it. It's Lilja.

That actually wouldn't be that surprising...

Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#262 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Who wants to bet it's signing Nathan Paetsch to a 2-way deal so he can be brought up

Probably.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#263 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

New Jersey has had Adam Larsson as a healthy scratch the last two nights, wonder if they could be a trading partner. Volchenkov, Tallinder, and Fayne would all be good additions. Volchenkov has a NTC, but hasn't been playing a ton for them, wondered if it's a limited one or not? Andy Greene would be amazing, but I doubt they would let him go play on the top pairing. Tallinder is a steady veteran, probably the easiest to bait a trade for and cheapest. Fayne is young, on a great deal, and is playing very very well.

#264 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

Volchenkov has a NTC

Did not know this. :unhappy:

Don't Toews me, bro!

#265 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Neither did I, but if he's not getting playing time and looks at us and sees a chance to play big minutes, he might be willing to waive it no?  I f****** hope so anyway.

Edited by kipwinger, 23 January 2013 - 09:25 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#266 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

TSN was discussing that probably Subban is going to get traded. Dunno know if Subban solves any of our problems however he is young and has loads of potential. Asking price will be high I'm sure...

#267 eb9

eb9

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

I don't think it makes sense to give away Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard.  As far as I'm concerned they are the four untouchables.  That makes Franzen and Fil our two highest-value players as trade bait.  I'm actually not even comfortable with trading away Fil given his great year last year.  I wonder if maybe this team could work out?  Brendan Smith's first full year as a Red Wing.  Worst case scenerio we finish poorly, get a good draft pick, and use some cap space to get a good free agent defenseman.  I know that failed last year, but I still have trust in Ken Holland.  It could be a tough road, or maybe it will just be some years of having to fight for the last playoff spots.

#268 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:18 AM

TSN was discussing that probably Subban is going to get traded. Dunno know if Subban solves any of our problems however he is young and has loads of potential. Asking price will be high I'm sure...

Not to mention he is a big spot-picking doucher.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#269 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:38 AM

I don't think it makes sense to give away Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Kronwall, or Howard.  As far as I'm concerned they are the four untouchables.  That makes Franzen and Fil our two highest-value players as trade bait.  I'm actually not even comfortable with trading away Fil given his great year last year.  I wonder if maybe this team could work out?  Brendan Smith's first full year as a Red Wing.  Worst case scenerio we finish poorly, get a good draft pick, and use some cap space to get a good free agent defenseman.  I know that failed last year, but I still have trust in Ken Holland.  It could be a tough road, or maybe it will just be some years of having to fight for the last playoff spots.

"Hi, guys. I'm Doug."

"Hi, Doug."

"There was a time when I had a pretty good thing going. But then I wouldn't trade Filapoola. Before I knew it, I was on a real tough road, a downward spiral. Spent two years fighting, scraping just to get into the playoffs. Oh, sure, I had my moments, but..."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#270 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:14 AM

Subban getting moved is a distinct possibility since there's a shortage of "quality" Dmen throughout the league, and the Habs could possibly score big on what Subban could bring in return.

I for one have always like Subban, and thought he could become a top 2 pairing Dman.

With that being said - he has come across as a doucher from time to time while on the ice, and now he's becomming a doucher off the ice with this contract squabble.

He's only been in the "bigs" for a few seasons; he wants to get the long term contract with big $$$ as though he just won the Norris Trophy...Mind you this is his stance that he's taking with Montreal being his favorite team to watch while growing up...Just think how he'd act if it wasn't the Habs?

Gotta say as much as I like his ability - the doucher factor is too strong with this one.

Edited by F.Michael, 24 January 2013 - 08:16 AM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#271 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:38 AM

I'd be fine with a trade for Pernell Karl, except that the asking price might be unrealistic.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#272 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,685 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:49 AM

I'd be fine with a trade for Pernell Karl, except that the asking price might be unrealistic.

I would love to see him a Red Wing as well...Just that he needs to leave the attitude in Montreal.

Yes - the asking price would be a bit steep...Maybe for Franzen?

:hehe:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#273 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

I would love a Franzen for Subban trade!

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#274 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:07 AM

Filppula has essentially no trade value because he's a free agent next year. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#275 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

Filppula has essentially no trade value because he's a free agent next year. 

Keep in mind Subban is unsigned. Fil isn't worth subban but subban doesn't have full trade value here.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#276 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

At this point I'll take a spot picking doucher over the team full of children or mediocre hacks that currently reside in on our defense corps.  Like him or no, he's a first rate talent and could definitely help us if the price is right.

Keep in mind Subban is unsigned. Fil isn't worth subban but subban doesn't have full trade value here.

Right, I wasn't talking about a Filppula for Subban trade specifically, I was more commenting on the fact that people keep saying the only players we've got with trade value are Filppula and Franzen, and only half of that is true.  But yes, Subban isn't signed either, so he's less valuable as well.

#277 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

fayne would be a great pick up if we could swing it. Big young RH shot Dmen. American to boot! But I doubt that even would cross Holland's mind.....

#278 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

fayne would be a great pick up if we could swing it. Big young RH shot Dmen. American to boot! But I doubt that even would cross Holland's mind.....

Yea, because Holland would never trade assets... It's not like we've only had 4 first round draft picks since 2000 because Holland hates to trade right?

Fayne's not on the radar because there is no way in hell New Jersey will let him go, he's on a great contract, been with them the entire time, is getting more and more ice time each year. They would move Volechenkov, or Tallinder first.

#279 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:28 AM

That too.

#280 fat guy in a maltby jersey

fat guy in a maltby jersey

3rd Line Checker

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

that "spot-picking doucher" would be the best defenseman on the wings in no time flat.

too bad he'll never be traded here.