• 3,379 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

Kronwall-Smith
Ericsson-Kindl
Dekeysersose-Lashoff

Booya

#322 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

Agreed. We need this kid to come to Detroit. If we aren't going to be trading for talent on D and obviously this year's UFA class is terrible for dmen, we need acquisitions like this to make up for it.

yes, agreed totally!

Here is what I am liking next season for a D-Core....(assuming the Wings do not tank and score Jones and they do not trade Ericsson.) I am betting on either trading Kindl or just not re-signing him. I am also nicely impressed with Huskins, so I would re-sign him. I believe they will part ways with Ian White or he will want to go elsewhere because Lashoff is ready.  Buyouts of Sammy (on the O) and Cola (just too injury prone) this summer...

Kronwall - Ericsson

Smith - Lashoff

Dekeyser - Huskins

(another #6/#7 UFA or kid)

IF they do not tank the season and still get in the top 16 to 20, I am going to hold on hope that Holland drafts one of Robert Hagg/Ryan Pulock or Josh Morrissey. I like him at #16, but not at #2...ISS has him listed at #12 along with Pulock at #17 and Morrissey #20.

Pulock has the most mass at 6' 211lbs. but Holland loves his Swedish defensemen and at 6'2 200lbs. if Hagg happened to drop to Detroit, I have no doubt he'd take him...although I think Pulock would be great here. (plus he is Right Handed)

Edited by LeftWinger, 27 January 2013 - 05:00 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#323 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,626 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Speaking of Red Wings and defensemen, I always liked Steve Chiasson when he was here, and although he was the main piece in the Mike Vernon deal, I wish he was able to be part of that 1997 and 1998 Cup team...Speaking of Steve, on a side note to the Western v. Michigan game, it's nice to see his son following in his footsteps. Mike Chiasson, who was 8 when his father died in that car crash, plays of The University of Michigan. I am not sure if he has been drafted but he looked pretty solid last night before Western opened up the whoop ass...

The Wings could use a defender the likes of Chiasson right now...I remeber Chiasson and Vladdy playing together as a pair and totaling destroying opposing players.

Edited by LeftWinger, 27 January 2013 - 07:12 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#324 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Watch the Western Michigan v. Michigan game last night (Western won 5-1) and got to watch Dan Dekeyser play like he is definitely ready for the NHL. (didn't know he was a junior though)  This year more than any he would be able to step right into the Wings lineup after his season is over.  I certainly hope Holland doesn't miss out on him, like he did with Schultz....at least with Dekeyser, the Red Wings ARE on his short list of teams he wants to play for...lets just hope Holland doesn't screw the pooch.... I think dumping Kindl and signing Dekeyser would be the obvious thing to do....

Kronwall - Huskins

Smith - Ericsson

White - Dekeyser

Cola

(when healthy)

Of course Lashoff has more than earned a spot on this team , but can be safely sent to GR until the roster limits are lifted...he has earned a spot on next years team as well and should be awarded so.

I couldn't get past the words "Signed Huds to whatever contract he wanted...." without getting nauseous...whew I am glad you added the words "then traded..."

As much as I like that pairing I would like to see the Wings get another top-2 D-Man. 

We have around $19 Million freed up with 15 guys signed for next year even though we are going to need to re-sign Howard for sure and if Brunner keeps it up he will need to be re-signed. 

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan, 27 January 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#325 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

People keep saying if we tank we'll get Jones. I was under the impression with the lockout shortened season they are doing a lottery draft for the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs to stop teams from tanking late in the season to get the top picks

#326 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

My point is that we need to start thinking about guys like Yandle. Not Corvo.

I would agree.

Forgive my ignorance on Yandle for I don't watch any Yotes games (other than when they face the Red Wings); what in your opinion would be going the other way if a trade were to take place?

People keep saying if we tank we'll get Jones. I was under the impression with the lockout shortened season they are doing a lottery draft for the 14 teams that don't make the playoffs to stop teams from tanking late in the season to get the top picks

If I remember correctly there was some sort of "twist" to the upcoming draft...

It would be our luck though; have a horrible season only to have someone like the Oilers, Jackets, or Pens manage to pick ahead of us, and get the star player that was destined to become a Red Wing :confused:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#327 cprice12

cprice12

Resident St. Louis Blues Supporter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

It would be our luck though; have a horrible season only to have someone like the Oilers, Jackets, or Pens manage to pick ahead of us, and get the star player that was destined to become a Red Wing :confused:

Yes, because the Red Wings have had such an unlucky history when it comes to the draft.

#328 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,935 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

There are very good players other than Jones in the draft, when is Nicks son ready for the big show? I would be tremendously happy with MacKinnon too kid has star potential written all over him just like Jones.

Edited by frankgrimes, 28 January 2013 - 08:54 AM.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#329 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:12 AM

Yes, because the Red Wings have had such an unlucky history when it comes to the draft.

Yeah you got us there  ;)

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#330 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

I would agree.

Forgive my ignorance on Yandle for I don't watch any Yotes games (other than when they face the Red Wings); what in your opinion would be going the other way if a trade were to take place?

If I remember correctly there was some sort of "twist" to the upcoming draft...

I would think that Flip and Kindl + a few 1st rounders would be a likely package.

#331 Danielsm

Danielsm

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I would think that Flip and Kindl + a few 1st rounders would be a likely package.

As much as we need defensive help, we also cannot score. Who would replace Flip?

#332 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

As much as we need defensive help, we also cannot score. Who would replace Flip?

flip ain't scoring right now either

#333 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Nyquist. Cheaper too.

#334 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,264 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:22 PM

As much as I like that pairing I would like to see the Wings get another top-2 D-Man. 

We have around $19 Million freed up with 15 guys signed for next year even though we are going to need to re-sign Howard for sure and if Brunner keeps it up he will need to be re-signed. 

Flip, Brunner, White, Smith, Lashoff, Howie, and Nyquist all need to be signed 

#335 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

man I miss Brian Rafalski. He was always ragged on a lot while he was here but he was a great #2 and put up the points...

#336 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

man I miss Brian Rafalski. He was always ragged on a lot while he was here but he was a great #2 and put up the points...

He was awesome against you guys in the Olympics. Kept us in the game until the very end.

#337 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,571 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

Exactly.

He was always capable of moving the puck up ice in an efficient manner, and just like with Lidstrom - ya don't realise, nor appreciate what we had until they're gone.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#338 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,238 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hey, we aren't trying to tank we just are tanking.

Edited by Hockeymom1960, 28 January 2013 - 09:16 PM.

#339 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Flip, Brunner, White, Smith, Lashoff, Howie, and Nyquist all need to be signed 

Id say Smith and Lashoff are necessities. The rest are nice to have, but expendable.

#340 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,567 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Id say Smith and Lashoff are necessities. The rest are nice to have, but expendable.

Jimmy Howard not a necessity? Ok.