• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#361 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I honestly think that the problem with the defense (aside from the injuries) is that we've got some quality defenders, but they all largely play the same type of game, with varying degrees of skill level.  Quincey, White, Colaiacovo, Smith, Kindl, and Kronwall all play essentially the exact same type of game.  As such, when you pair any two of them together one of them is forced to play a different type of game than he is used to, and a different type of game than what made him a professional in the first place.  I don't think we need a superstar defenseman right now, I think our defense would be fine if Holland was able to land a first rate stay at home defenseman, who cares if he can score or not, and let him play with Kronwall.  Then let Ericsson play on the second pair with White or Smith, and Lashoff on the third with whoever is left.  Then all of our offensive minded puck movers can do what got them into the league in the first place, and the defensive PAIRINGS will work more efficiently. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#362 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Jimmy Howard not a necessity? Ok. 

You are a Howard fanatic, though!! He wont win 24 games this year.

#363 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

You are a Howard fanatic, though!! He wont win 24 games this year.

Jimmy has an average win% over three years of 60% if he starts 40 games this year, it is not illogical to believe he can get 24 wins

#364 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

Jimmy has an average win% over three years of 60% if he starts 40 games this year, it is not illogical to believe he can get 24 wins

Im telling you he wont win 24 games this year.

#365 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

Im telling you he wont win 24 games this year.

I can see this happening too, but you're not really saying much.  Will he not win 24 games because he's not any good, or because the team isn't any good?  Now if you said, "The Wings will win their division, but Howard won't win 24 games", that would be saying something. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#366 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:59 PM

I can see this happening too, but you're not really saying much.  Will he not win 24 games because he's not any good, or because the team isn't any good?  Now if you said, "The Wings will win their division, but Howard won't win 24 games", that would be saying something. 

If he doesn't win 24, it'll be because of the team.. He's a good tender and he's been playing great so far this season.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#367 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

If he doesn't win 24, it'll be because of the team.. He's a good tender and he's been playing great so far this season.

I completely agree.  That's my point.  If you say "Jimmy won't win 24" without qualifying it, you're not saying anything at all.  You're not really explaining why.  Jimmy's a good goalie, and I'm not sure whether he'll win 24 or not because I don't know what type of team we have yet.  But he's certainly capable of winning that number of games behind a team that can score on the f****** powerplay once in a while...but I digress. 

Edited by kipwinger, 29 January 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#368 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

I completely agree.  That's my point.  If you say "Jimmy won't win 24" without qualifying it, you're not saying anything at all.  You're not really explaining why.  Jimmy's a good goalie, and I'm not sure whether he'll win 24 or not because I don't know what type of team we have yet.  But he's certainly capable of winning that number of games behind a team that can score on the f****** powerplay once in a while...but I digress. 

Exactly, if we can start putting some pucks in the net (with the talent we have, we should be able to) jimmy can easily get 24 wins, while monster takes like 6-7