• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chances14

Eaves Cleared for Contact

Rate this topic

http://www.freep.com/article/20130113/SPORTS05/130113022/

Forward Patrick Eaves, out for more than a year recovering from a concussion, took part in practice, including contact. That's a huge step forward from last season, when he never really even skated with the guys except at the end of practices.

"I'm cleared to go out there and practice," Eaves said. "I can do whatever we do out here. It's more than I was able to do a little while ago. I felt good today. We'll see how tomorrow goes."

Eaves still is not cleared for games, but as he said, "I just have to keep making progress."

and the logjam at the forward position gets even bigger

Guest Crymson
http://www.freep.com/article/20130113/SPORTS05/130113022/

and the logjam at the forward position gets even bigger

You appear to have ignored the fact that he's only cleared for contact. He is not cleared to play, and he is no doubt out of shape from not having worked out vigorously for a year.

That said, I don't see why the return of a right-shooting player who plays with energy, can kill penalties, and can pitch in 15 goals would be something to whine about.

You appear to have ignored the fact that he's only cleared for contact. He is not cleared to play, and he is no doubt out of shape from not having worked out vigorously for a year.

That said, I don't see why the return of a right-shooting player who plays with energy, can kill penalties, and can pitch in 15 goals would be something to whine about.

huh?

i'm not whining about it. I'm just pointing out that the wings have a glut of forwards and only so many roster spots. it's a good thing to have actually

Edited by chances14

Guest Crymson
huh?

i'm not whining about it. I'm just pointing out that the wings have a glut of forwards and only so many roster spots. it's a good thing to have actually

Fair enough.

This is wonderful news! We certainly have a surplus on the bottom six, but Patty Eaves is a guy you want to build your bottom lines to include. Hopefully the progress for him continues to have good news, and maybe with a little luck we will see Patty on the ice before the end of the season.

I think losing Eaves and Helm for a lot of last season hurt this team more then we ever thought it would. Hopefully Eaves is back soon, and is Helm's injury serious anyone know?

Helm had an MRI today..no damage..just precautionary at this point. Eaves has a great RIGHT handed shot and here's to hoping he gets in game shape quick and makes it back in the lineup. Gotta think we are going to try and move a few of these guys to try and get a d man.

Dang it. Here I am getting all excited about hockey. I said I wasn't going to. And I really meant it. And now, like a little kid, I'm getting all excited about hockey after I (we) have just been robbed again. I feel kinda dirty....but excited. Speedy recovery, boys!

Dang it. Here I am getting all excited about hockey. I said I wasn't going to. And I really meant it. And now, like a little kid, I'm getting all excited about hockey after I (we) have just been robbed again. I feel kinda dirty....but excited. Speedy recovery, boys!

I felt dirty and excited when I read "Eaves cleared for contact".

Then I realized they meant hockey.

But yeah, they knew we'd be back. We're the best fans in the world.