• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MidMichSteve

NHL Center Ice

Rate this topic

Does anyone know if NHL Center Ice will be broadcasting this year? I haven't been able to find any info yet.

From reading on HF, it looks like they will be. AFAIK Comcast and DirectTV are confirmed, but I do not know when sign up begins.

I am waiting for Gamecenter to become available. It is rumored to be $50 for the (half) season.

For us in Canada, I'm not sure specifics, but there will be reduced cost due to shortened season. I suspect Bell/Rogers would simply take regular price * 48/82 tough.

What annoys me though is that new potential customers always get treated better than long-time customers, as usual. I'm sure a new subscriber will be able to get it a lot cheaper than me....something just doesn't seem to make sense to me about that, although I know why they do it.

Someone just had called them and is reporting that it will be offered at $49.99 this season, and it will be published later today.

***EDIT*** THIS IS FOR GAMECENTER LIVE

Edited by evilzyme

Center Ice will be available. From some posters on hfboards, they claim to have spoken to DirecTV and it will be $59.99 for the season, 4 payments of $14.99 or something another. However, you can't signup until 1/19/13 for it. They also claim there will be the standard first week trial.

For us in Canada, I'm not sure specifics, but there will be reduced cost due to shortened season. I suspect Bell/Rogers would simply take regular price * 48/82 tough.

What annoys me though is that new potential customers always get treated better than long-time customers, as usual. I'm sure a new subscriber will be able to get it a lot cheaper than me....something just doesn't seem to make sense to me about that, although I know why they do it.

I hate that as well. I just threaten to become a new customer somewhere else so I can get the good deal and they always cave.

Center Ice will be available. From some posters on hfboards, they claim to have spoken to DirecTV and it will be $59.99 for the season, 4 payments of $14.99 or something another. However, you can't signup until 1/19/13 for it. They also claim there will be the standard first week trial.

I hate that as well. I just threaten to become a new customer somewhere else so I can get the good deal and they always cave.

I'd be willing to be that in Canada, the fee will be close to double that, perhaps less for 1st time subsriber.

Here in Pittsburgh and Comcast, they're saying $49.99 for the full season, same as Gamecenter. What you have to realize with Gamecenter, however, is that literally half the season is blacked out for national broadcasts (NBC and the like). So is $50 really worth it? I had them cancel it this morning... Gamecenter will be free till the 31st and I'll make my decision then...

Here in Pittsburgh and Comcast, they're saying $49.99 for the full season, same as Gamecenter. What you have to realize with Gamecenter, however, is that literally half the season is blacked out for national broadcasts (NBC and the like). So is $50 really worth it? I had them cancel it this morning... Gamecenter will be free till the 31st and I'll make my decision then...

Assuming you keep you cable when you purchase Gamecenter, you should have access to the same games. The trade-off then becomes portability v. quality. For me, I would have to upgrade my cable package for Center Ice, so Gamecenter is an esy choice.

Assuming this is an updated page, here is the info for Center Ice this year- http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

Assuming you keep you cable when you purchase Gamecenter, you should have access to the same games. The trade-off then becomes portability v. quality. For me, I would have to upgrade my cable package for Center Ice, so Gamecenter is an esy choice.

Assuming this is an updated page, here is the info for Center Ice this year- http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

That's only for US cable companies. Satellite and Canadian cable companies provide the service themselves.

Seeing as I'd have to upgrade our cable package to be able to get Center Ice, which means I'd have to fork out money for both the upgrade and the $50 it'll cost to watch the games......that is such a fiscally stupid thing to do, it's a complete non-starter.

Ah well.

Hmm. A dilemma for me, then. I work for a cable company, so I get Center Ice for $31 this year, vs $50 for Gamecenter. The only thing that REALLY sucks is Las Vegas, where I live that has 0 NHL teams, is somehow the home market for the Kings, and Ducks, and I believe the Sharks and Coyotes are mixed in there somehow too.

They've lost the last of my goodwill. I will go see the Wings at MSG (Screw you Devils and your revenue sucker and one of the 9-10 reasons for the lockout Vanderbeek) and watch them on Center Ice wherever I live and yes I'll pay for it this season but that's it. Dear NHL, there will be no more spending on this (Game 3 ECF last year and baby I splurged):

8381736544_7d4a145124_c.jpg

I might go see the odd Rangers playoff game but then again they didn't just cause this mess either. They crap gold bricks with their TV deal. I mean they paid Wayne Gretzky AND Mark Messier and still lost to Eric Lindros. Their answer? 1994!!! Oh and crap more gold bricks...

I'm torn on this. I really don't want to give them any of my money after this third fiasco. On the other hand, I really want to see the Wings. I have no option for that other than Gamecenter. I'm not going to use Hockeystreams because of the legal issues. I paid $159 for Gamecenter in 2011-12 which comes out to $1.93 per Wings game. $50 for 48 games comes to $1.04 per Wings game. OTOH, 21 of the 48 will be nationally televised in the States. Of that number, I'll be able to see the 4 on NBC. I don't really mind watching the games the next day, sans commercials.

The figures above aren't completely accurate either, because I have watched plenty of non-Wings games too.

The question is: do I try to make a "point" with the NHL by not subscribing even if that means missing an entire year of the Wings? I guess I'd be more P.O.'d if I believed that Mr. I was a driving force behind the lockout.

Edited by A.T.Hun

I'm torn on this. I really don't want to give them any of my money after this third fiasco. On the other hand, I really want to see the Wings. I have no option for that other than Gamecenter. I'm not going to use Hockeystreams because of the legal issues. I paid $159 for Gamecenter in 2011-12 which comes out to $1.93 per Wings game. $50 for 48 games comes to $1.04 per Wings game. OTOH, 21 of the 48 will be nationally televised in the States. Of that number, I'll be able to see the 4 on NBC. I don't really mind watching the games the next day, sans commercials.

The figures above aren't completely accurate either, because I have watched plenty of non-Wings games too.

The question is: do I try to make a "point" with the NHL by not subscribing even if that means missing an entire year of the Wings? I guess I'd be more P.O.'d if I believed that Mr. I was a driving force behind the lockout.

A couple things....

First, I am not 100% convinced that every owner was for the lockout. That being said, I do believe that Illitch is tired of spending money to bail out owners who are not making money AND Illitch believes he should be making 50% of the revenue and not 43%. So was Illitch the driving force behind the lockout? No. Was he participating willingly with much to gain? Yes.

I live in MI so I will be able to watch the Wings on FSD. No gamecenter live for me this year. This coming from someone who has subbed to them for the last couple years. I am going to miss it a little bit as a hockey nut, but I just cannot spend money on the NHL this year due to the lockout nonsense. I will watch them on TV when I can. The NHL network, NBC Sports Network, and NBC will have games too. I will also attend Griffins games when I can instead.

If I lived out of town and I needed to watch the Wings, then I would relent and probably buy the Gamecenter Live package. I hate to admit, but thats a fair price for a half of a season.

Wow, lots got deleted.

Does anyone know if NHL Center Ice will be broadcasting this year? I haven't been able to find any info yet.
Could someone please start a separate thread about Game Center? I am really only interested in Center Ice info.

These may help you. Being in the US, are the only places you'll get CI

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

http://www.mydish.com/pay-per-view/sports-and-events/hockey/

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

Edited by drumnj

It figures Directv would be higher , everyone else has it for 49.99 but Directv just had to have 59.99. I like Directv better than any other tv service I've ever had, but damn they nickle and dime you to death.

I really didn't want to give the NHL any money this season, but I just can't turn my back on the Wings. I'll order it since it's only 60 bucks.

Edited by cupcrazy