• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

I'm torn on this. I really don't want to give them any of my money after this third fiasco. On the other hand, I really want to see the Wings. I have no option for that other than Gamecenter. I'm not going to use Hockeystreams because of the legal issues. I paid $159 for Gamecenter in 2011-12 which comes out to $1.93 per Wings game. $50 for 48 games comes to $1.04 per Wings game. OTOH, 21 of the 48 will be nationally televised in the States. Of that number, I'll be able to see the 4 on NBC. I don't really mind watching the games the next day, sans commercials.

The figures above aren't completely accurate either, because I have watched plenty of non-Wings games too.

The question is: do I try to make a "point" with the NHL by not subscribing even if that means missing an entire year of the Wings? I guess I'd be more P.O.'d if I believed that Mr. I was a driving force behind the lockout.

A couple things....

First, I am not 100% convinced that every owner was for the lockout.  That being said, I do believe that Illitch is tired of spending money to bail out owners who are not making money AND Illitch believes he should be making 50% of the revenue and not 43%.  So was Illitch the driving force behind the lockout?  No.  Was he participating willingly with much to gain?  Yes.

I live in MI so I will be able to watch the Wings on FSD.  No gamecenter live for me this year.  This coming from someone who has subbed to them for the last couple years.  I am going to miss it a little bit as a hockey nut, but I just cannot spend money on the NHL this year due to the lockout nonsense.  I will watch them on TV when I can.  The NHL network, NBC Sports Network, and NBC will have games too.  I will also attend Griffins games when I can instead.

If I lived out of town and I needed to watch the Wings, then I would relent and probably buy the Gamecenter Live package.  I hate to admit, but thats a fair price for a half of a season.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#22 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,057 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Sorry, but any posts referring to sites not affiliated with the NHL have been edited or deleted.  LGW does not encourage or promote in any way using illegal streaming. 

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#23 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Could someone please start a separate thread about Game Center? I am really only interested in Center Ice info.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#24 drumnj

drumnj

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Wow, lots got deleted.

Does anyone know if NHL Center Ice will be broadcasting this year? I haven't been able to find any info yet.
Could someone please start a separate thread about Game Center? I am really only interested in Center Ice info.

These may help you.  Being in the US, are the only places you'll get CI

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

http://www.mydish.co...-events/hockey/

http://www.indemand.com/sports/nhl/

Edited by drumnj, 14 January 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#25 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

It figures Directv would be higher , everyone else has it for 49.99 but Directv just had to have 59.99. I like Directv better than any other tv service I've ever had, but damn they nickle and dime you to death.

I really didn't want to give the  NHL any money this season, but I just can't turn my back on the Wings. I'll order it since it's only 60 bucks.

Edited by cupcrazy, 15 January 2013 - 01:49 AM.

Posted Image

#26 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

It figures Directv would be higher , everyone else has it for 49.99 but Directv just had to have 59.99. I like Directv better than any other tv service I've ever had, but damn they nickle and dime you to death.

I really didn't want to give the  NHL any money this season, but I just can't turn my back on the Wings. I'll order it since it's only 60 bucks.

Technically official pricing has not been released, but $59.99 is what multiple people have reported after calling.  Direct is still claiming packaging information is being finalized.

http://www.directv.com/sports/nhl

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#27 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="GMRwings1983" data-cid="2339980" data-time="1358181365"><p>
Like I'm giving those idiots any of my money.  Nobody should pay it.  Even if it was $5.99. </p></blockquote>
This. So much of this.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#28 heretic69

heretic69

Only the Sith deal in absolutes

• Gold Booster
  • 307 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Goddamnit, I feel my will to boycott the season eroding.  Worst part is I was so adamant that I was going to give the NHL the Netflix treatment and my wife was all LOLyeahright.

She lives for the "I told you so"

EDIT--Relevant in this topic because the discount on CI is driving this...

Edited by heretic69, 15 January 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#29 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

Agreed.

I have 2 plasma hdtvs for a reason, and it's not watching NHL games on my laptop.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#30 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

While you guys boycott the NHL.  I'll be watching hockey drinking a cold one.  Enjoy!

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#31 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I'm set up for auto-renewal on DirecTV.  I just checked my account and unlike the other add-ons, there's no button for "sign-up" next to it.  I assume I'm good to go, but no word on the price yet.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#32 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Mine still says $0.00 from last year too.  I was just on the phone with DTV and the guy told me it was $60; four payments of $14.99.  He looked it up because he didn't believe me it would be that cheap for the whole year, but then I told him about the lockout.  He confirmed that information as has been reported.

#33 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Dish Network now has CI available to order on the 21st. They will have the broadcasts free for the first week starting the 19th.

The NHL Is Back. Enjoy our Free Preview of NHL Center Ice from January 19th-31st. Order Now for only $49.99

Dish customers can order online here:

http://www.mydish.co...-events/hockey/

Edited by MidMichSteve, 15 January 2013 - 08:14 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#34 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,160 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Agreed.

I have 2 plasma hdtvs for a reason, and it's not watching NHL games on my laptop.

:glare:

Show off.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#35 Ray40

Ray40

Draftee

• 9 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:13 PM

I just saw on directv's center ice page that it's free from Jan 19-31

#36 HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

HadThomasVokounOnFortSt

Hi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • Location:Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 762.20 miles from the Joe Louis Arena

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

So what's the deal with Charter, haven't seen anything or am I missing it?

hadthomasvokounonfortst.jpg
Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

#37 cupcrazy

cupcrazy

1st Line Sniper

• HoF Booster
  • 821 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Mine still says $0.00 from last year too.  I was just on the phone with DTV and the guy told me it was $60; four payments of $14.99.  He looked it up because he didn't believe me it would be that cheap for the whole year, but then I told him about the lockout.  He confirmed that information as has been reported.

I was told the same thing after calling. I still don't get why Directv customers have to pay 10 more than everyone else. Would I be wrong in assuming Directv is insisting on the extra 10?  I can't see the NHL and it's partners charging Directv more than they charge all other carriers. I know 10 bucks isn't a deal breaker, it's just the principle.

Edited by cupcrazy, 17 January 2013 - 02:10 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:15 AM

Agreed.

HDMI out from laptop to TV?

When I had gamecenter live, I streamed it from my apple TV, Boxee, and Roku boxes that I have plugged into my TVs.  Those devices worked great.  :)

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#39 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,337 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:40 AM

HDMI out from laptop to TV?

When I had gamecenter live, I streamed it from my apple TV, Boxee, and Roku boxes that I have plugged into my TVs.  Those devices worked great.  :)

Outta curiosity - were you able to get an HD picture (be it 720p, or 1080i) with the way you set things up?

While I agree there's numerous ways to feed the signal from your computer/laptop/internet device to your hdtv - I prefer the "no brainer"  route of satellite tv, and hdtv combo.

I'm a bit of a simpleton :crazy:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#40 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,365 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

:glare:

Show off.

Would it upset you more if I told you I have a 55" LED tv, and a 60" LED tv?

I'm a Red Wing for the next three years and I'm going to make sure every team we play knows that.'' -- Jordin Tootoo