13 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=413512

He doesn't give them any offense, but does play good in his own zone.  Good depth signing.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#2 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,250 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

...plus he is a little tough and can help protect all those kids.

If I am not being a homer and look outside of Detroit as to who may win a Cup this year, I am liking Edmonton with all the young legs. I would be pissed if Schultz wins one after he dissed all American teams, but in all honesty, Edmonton looks poised to make a dramatic surge this short season...of course I am a homer and will stay with Detroit until they are no longer in it. :P

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

#3 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

I like Edmonton too.. Love the squad they're building there but I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year let alone win it all. I do however expect them to climb from the depths of the standings to maybe 10th-ish place which would be pretty good progress for them. Give em a few years and they'll be contenders if they play their cards right.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#4 Jaymister

Jaymister

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I like Edmonton too.. Love the squad they're building there but I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year let alone win it all. I do however expect them to climb from the depths of the standings to maybe 10th-ish place which would be pretty good progress for them. Give em a few years and they'll be contenders if they play their cards right.

Ya i'm predicting the same thing.  I think they might come roaring out of the gate, but then struggle in the middle and the end of the season.

Cujo is a top 5 goalie in the league- Scott Lucidi

#5 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,853 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

IDK...the Barons are not even in a playoff spot with all that NHL talent they had.  Hall came in a little late and RNH missed a few games due to injury and the WJC, but still.  Let's just say I went to a few Barons games the last few months and I expected more out of them.

When talent doesn't work hard, hard work beats talent.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#6 ben_usmc

ben_usmc

Kenny Powers Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,791 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

Edm won't do s***.  Every year we are all pumped thinking this is the year Edm breaks out, and then where do they keep picking?  Like the Lions of the NHL

There's no I in team, but there's a U in c***, so don't be little jealous c***s

#7 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Man, Dallas is looking pretty soft these days.

Anyhow, good pickup for the Oilers. Looks like he'll be the replacement for Andy Sutton (Who is likely out for the year, and possibly his career). I wonder what this means for Theo Peckham.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#8 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2340085" data-time="1358198629"><p>
...plus he is a little tough and can help protect all those kids.<br />
 <br />
If I am not being a homer and look outside of Detroit as to who may win a Cup this year, I am liking Edmonton with all the young legs. I would be pissed if Schultz wins one after he dissed all American teams, but in all honesty, Edmonton looks poised to make a dramatic surge this short season...of course I am a homer and will stay with Detroit until they are no longer in it. :P</p></blockquote>

Have you seen the NHL network show that features the oilers? No way they win with that coach. Too much whining and rah rah. Not enough hockey smarts and x's/o's.

#9 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,606 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

lol does edm still have sutton? if they played on the same line it would be ridiculous imagine them tag teaming on a hit.

Man, Dallas is looking pretty soft these days.

Anyhow, good pickup for the Oilers. Looks like he'll be the replacement for Andy Sutton (Who is likely out for the year, and possibly his career). I wonder what this means for Theo Peckham.

looks like they gave up on the whole toughness thing they had going.

"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#10 Nhurdi

Nhurdi

• PipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

I like Fistric, I recall when he was on the vancouver giants WHL team as a rookie at age 16 i believe. The other team hit a Giant player and injured him so a brawl broke out on the ice. Being down a man it was 6 vs 5.... yes the goalies fought too. Fistric beat up his first person, then proceeded to find the spare and kicked his ass too. Fan favorite instantly.

#11 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

Jolly, Sutton is hurt and looks to be out for the year.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#12 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Edmonton still has a lot to prove. Like somebody said: they're like the Lions f hockey right now. I'll believe it when I see it.

#13 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

They'll look something along the lines of this to begin the season:

Hall-Nugent Hopkins-Eberle
Yakupov-Gagner-Hemsky
R.Smyth-Horcoff-Hartikainen
Eager-Belanger-Petrell
Hordichuk/Jones (On IR)

Smid-Petry
N.Schultz-J.Schultz
Whitney-Fistric
Peckham/Potter

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#14 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

Comparing the Oilers to the Lions makes me really LOLOLzzzzzz. Sorry I don't get it.

On regards to the trade yes it provides the Oil with some defensive grit depth. Does is it put them into a playoff position? My opinion is no. Still a team that has a lot of young guns that "COULD" in the future make some noise both in the regular season and playoffs.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing), 16 January 2013 - 01:05 AM.