• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Jaymister

Mark Fistric traded to the Oilers

Rate this topic

...plus he is a little tough and can help protect all those kids.

If I am not being a homer and look outside of Detroit as to who may win a Cup this year, I am liking Edmonton with all the young legs. I would be pissed if Schultz wins one after he dissed all American teams, but in all honesty, Edmonton looks poised to make a dramatic surge this short season...of course I am a homer and will stay with Detroit until they are no longer in it. :P

I like Edmonton too.. Love the squad they're building there but I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year let alone win it all. I do however expect them to climb from the depths of the standings to maybe 10th-ish place which would be pretty good progress for them. Give em a few years and they'll be contenders if they play their cards right.

I like Edmonton too.. Love the squad they're building there but I don't think they'll make the playoffs this year let alone win it all. I do however expect them to climb from the depths of the standings to maybe 10th-ish place which would be pretty good progress for them. Give em a few years and they'll be contenders if they play their cards right.

Ya i'm predicting the same thing. I think they might come roaring out of the gate, but then struggle in the middle and the end of the season.

IDK...the Barons are not even in a playoff spot with all that NHL talent they had. Hall came in a little late and RNH missed a few games due to injury and the WJC, but still. Let's just say I went to a few Barons games the last few months and I expected more out of them.

When talent doesn't work hard, hard work beats talent.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="LeftWinger" data-cid="2340085" data-time="1358198629"><p>

...plus he is a little tough and can help protect all those kids.<br />

<br />

If I am not being a homer and look outside of Detroit as to who may win a Cup this year, I am liking Edmonton with all the young legs. I would be pissed if Schultz wins one after he dissed all American teams, but in all honesty, Edmonton looks poised to make a dramatic surge this short season...of course I am a homer and will stay with Detroit until they are no longer in it. :P</p></blockquote>

Have you seen the NHL network show that features the oilers? No way they win with that coach. Too much whining and rah rah. Not enough hockey smarts and x's/o's.

lol does edm still have sutton? if they played on the same line it would be ridiculous imagine them tag teaming on a hit.

Man, Dallas is looking pretty soft these days.

Anyhow, good pickup for the Oilers. Looks like he'll be the replacement for Andy Sutton (Who is likely out for the year, and possibly his career). I wonder what this means for Theo Peckham.

looks like they gave up on the whole toughness thing they had going.

I like Fistric, I recall when he was on the vancouver giants WHL team as a rookie at age 16 i believe. The other team hit a Giant player and injured him so a brawl broke out on the ice. Being down a man it was 6 vs 5.... yes the goalies fought too. Fistric beat up his first person, then proceeded to find the spare and kicked his ass too. Fan favorite instantly.

Comparing the Oilers to the Lions makes me really LOLOLzzzzzz. Sorry I don't get it.

On regards to the trade yes it provides the Oil with some defensive grit depth. Does is it put them into a playoff position? My opinion is no. Still a team that has a lot of young guns that "COULD" in the future make some noise both in the regular season and playoffs.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)