#21 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Here's what they say about Vault:

What is NHL Vault™? 
NHL Vault™ is a monthly subscription offering post-game replays from a five-year game archive plus access to an extensive library of classic games dating back to the 1960s, all for the low price of $4.95 per month. It is free for all NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers.

The five-year game archive includes full-length and condensed 10-15 minute replays of every game since the 2007-2008 season, including post-replays added nightly from the current season.* Sign up at nhl.com/vault 

*Full-length replays from the current season are subject to in-market and national blackouts in the US and Canada. If the game was available to watch live on television in your local area, the full-length replay will become available 48-hours after game completion. All other games are available next day. There are no blackout regulations on condensed replays. 

To see what teams are considered in-market and are therefore, unavailable to watch within 48-hours of game completion, pleasecheck your zip code.

---

Don't know if it works or not.  GameCenter Live probably isn't as much of an out-of-market "necessity" as it would be full seasons where more games were unavailable nationally, but for only $50 and with a variety of options where I could watch it (Apple TV, Roku, iPad, iPhone, computer), I think it's worth a shot.  If the quality is absolutely terrible, then I'll know not to waste more money next year.  Hopefully it's at least as good as MLB's streaming service.

awesome thank you. I do have a question. I'm dumb when it comes to the blackout rules and all of that but per the zip code lookup only thing blacked out should be the dallas games...so why is it when I have the fox sports channels i never get any wings games on FSD. they are always blacked out....and since they are blacked out there does that mean on this game center they will be blacked out as well?

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#22 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

The site (and any like it) is illegal based on it's unauthorized rebroadcast of copyrighted material, not the availability of gamecenter. 

And i know what you mean about the discount.  $50 is pretty good I guess, but they're hardly bending over backwards to win back fans. 

The painful reality of life is that if a business doesn't have to kiss your ass, they will never do a thing for you. Good customer service? Deals? None of it is charity. There is no charity in business. So their giving of a discount is a good but not great effort at appeasing us, and it's pretty much exactly as much effort as they need to put in to please Average Joe, and no more. It sucks but whatever. Whether or not you decide to forgive them at this rate is a personal choice.

Personally I may get this (probably not) but I know full well that my dollar amount over the long haul, over the next 8-10 years, will drop from what it would've been had I been a more satisfied customer. And it isn't even because of a forced punishment. Losing hockey this long kinda genuinely hurt my interest.

Edited by shoobiedoobin, 15 January 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#23 akustyk

akustyk

how painful is painful?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

50$ is not huge money, especially if this is the only alternative to illegal streams in a country like Netherlands. and yep, I could stomach the price and the fact that a lot of games are played at more than barbaric time of the night local time (7pm EST being 1am CET)... 

did anyone outside US/Canada try it and could confirm it works?

#24 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="haroldsnepsts" data-cid="2340327" data-time="1358286009"><p>
 <br />
The site (and any like it) is illegal based on it's unauthorized rebroadcast of copyrighted material, not the availability of gamecenter. <br />
 <br />
And i know what you mean about the discount.  $50 is pretty good I guess, but they're hardly bending over backwards to win back fans. </p></blockquote>

Im just gonna stream. I dont need to pay the nhl anything for a while.

#25 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

I just signed up for gamecenter. being in canada i should get a fair chunk of the wings games live outside of NBC, TSN and HNIC.

What I don't get i'll find a stream for. HNIC has online streams for their games.

50 bucks is not a bad offer really. Cheaper then the cable Super Sports Pack that has OHL, NBA etc. that I would have to pay 25 bucks a month for with a cable provide in my area.

#26 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I bought Center Ice this year and can't wait. 49.99 is a pretty reasonable price, I know a lot of people were saying it should be free do to the lockout but I just didn't see that happening.

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice  :clap:

All I'm seeing is "NHL Center Ice currently not for sale".  I want to see that first game, Saturday...guess I'll call Comcast

#27 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

All I'm seeing is "NHL Center Ice currently not for sale".  I want to see that first game, Saturday...guess I'll call Comcast

I don't know about Comcast, but some of the other providers are waiting until the 19th to open registration. However, these providers are also having a free preview of CEnter Ice for the first week.

#28 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I don't know about Comcast, but some of the other providers are waiting until the 19th to open registration. However, these providers are also having a free preview of CEnter Ice for the first week.

My wife just orderred it for $9.95 a month...?. (Comcast Center Ice)  She said she was suprised we could get it at all because we have the absolute most basic Comcast Package offerred, with no sports stations.  Maybe that's why it's monthly instead of $49.95 (?). 

Whatever.  I just want to see how tis team is going to work out.

Is there any Center Ice programming on during non game times?  Like NHL documentaries or whatever?

Edited by T.Low, 18 January 2013 - 01:56 PM.

#29 shoobiedoobin

shoobiedoobin

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

My wife just orderred it for $9.95 a month...?. (Comcast Center Ice)  She said she was suprised we could get it at all because we have the absolute most basic Comcast Package offerred, with no sports stations.  Maybe that's why it's monthly instead of $49.95 (?). 

Whatever.  I just want to see how tis team is going to work out.

Is there any Center Ice programming on during non game times?  Like NHL documentaries or whatever?

Nope. Just blank screens that will likely feed you the local feed of one of the teams right at game time. Occasionally they'll play a pregame show if it tunes into the same channel a half hour early but rarely.

#30 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

I got an email last night from GCL stating that they had considered my pass from last year a "subscription" and now are going to automatically charge my card.  Like hell! 

works every time

#31 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

I went ahead and bought the $50 GameCenter Live subscription.  It's actually a good year for a new user to try it out, given the shorter season and decreased price.

HOWEVER, a note to Roku users, Roku and/or the NHL screwed up with the lockout and it does not look like it will be working on Roku (as it did last year) until possibly late February.  Really, it's pretty unacceptable.  

http://forums.roku.c...hp?f=28&t=54018

They give you a code to enter within the Roku app, but when you go to the NHL website to enter it in, it's nowhere to be found.  The $49 little Roku LT and Roku HD sell for about 1/2 the price of an Apple TV, and have become pretty popular.  However, the lack of Roku support is doubly painful because it doesn't allow me to access NHL Vault, either, which is part of the subscription, yet does not work on Apple TV.

I do have an Apple TV upstairs in a different room, and I have other iOS devices.  The iPhone app looks completely ready to go.  The Apple TV app allowed me to log in and authenticate, but otherwise has not changed from the recaps of last year's Finals that have been there for months.  I expect (hope) this will change for tomorrow's openers.

Edited by StormJH1, 18 January 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#32 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

So I live in Minneosta. Does that mean that the Wings are what televised 10 times nationally and 10 times on the NHL network so if I pay I'm out 20 Wings games? I was never good at math sorry folks.

#33 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

So I live in Minneosta. Does that mean that the Wings are what televised 10 times nationally and 10 times on the NHL network so if I pay I'm out 20 Wings games? I was never good at math sorry folks.

If you don't have those channels, you will be blacked out.

#34 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

If you don't have those channels, you will be blacked out.

I see yeah I don't have cable trying to save a buck. So I watch all my sports online these days. Decisions decisions

#35 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,487 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I went ahead and bought the $50 GameCenter Live subscription.  It's actually a good year for a new user to try it out, given the shorter season and decreased price.

HOWEVER, a note to Roku users, Roku and/or the NHL screwed up with the lockout and it does not look like it will be working on Roku (as it did last year) until possibly late February.  Really, it's pretty unacceptable.  

http://forums.roku.c...hp?f=28&t=54018

They give you a code to enter within the Roku app, but when you go to the NHL website to enter it in, it's nowhere to be found.  The $49 little Roku LT and Roku HD sell for about 1/2 the price of an Apple TV, and have become pretty popular.  However, the lack of Roku support is doubly painful because it doesn't allow me to access NHL Vault, either, which is part of the subscription, yet does not work on Apple TV.

I do have an Apple TV upstairs in a different room, and I have other iOS devices.  The iPhone app looks completely ready to go.  The Apple TV app allowed me to log in and authenticate, but otherwise has not changed from the recaps of last year's Finals that have been there for months.  I expect (hope) this will change for tomorrow's openers.

so i have the nhl gamecenter app on my vizo apps. I wonder if it will show the games or is it just for vault?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan, 18 January 2013 - 03:38 PM.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#36 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

I see yeah I don't have cable trying to save a buck. So I watch all my sports online these days. Decisions decisions

I'm also a Wings fan in Minnesota.  The national games for Detroit are almost half the season this year, but I decided to try out GameCenter anyway.  But yes, it's a bummer for people that don't even have the cable subscription that their streaming options are dictated by the cable providers they could have gotten the game on.  I think a couple of the games are NBC on the weekend, so presumably you could see those, but NBC Sports Network and NHL Network are a no.

so i have the nhl gamecenter app on my vizo apps. I wonder if it will show the games or is it just for fault?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow.  I don't understand why there should be any issues given that it's not even like these are "new" apps.  They should have been ready in October and just "flipped the switch", but I guess not.

#37 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

With the schedule, it is more attractive to the NHL fans for this season. It might not make sense for only watching half of the Wings games, but it starts to if you watch a lot of other teams.

#38 26point2

26point2

If you don't know what you are doing, at least do it quickly

• HoF Booster
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I was just quoted $14.99 for 4 months for DTV Center Ice...I cancelled it.  I'll probably pick it back up next year.

#39 canadian wings fan

canadian wings fan

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hey guys, those of you with previous NHL Gamecentre Live subscriptions were your credit cards charged already? I am trying to figure out if I have paid already because last year I put the fee on a friends card (permission permitting of course) and paid them. And I haven't touched my billing info from last year so I assume it rolled over and charged that same credit card. Help is appreciated!

#40 Pskov Wings Fan

Pskov Wings Fan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Just signed up for NHL Gamecenter Live. $50 is a small price to pay for ~25 Red Wings games.