• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

NHL Gamecenter Live **No illegal stream discussion**

Rate this topic

NHL Gamecenter Live is $50 for the (half) season this year. Here is the link- http://gamecenterlive.nhl.com/

There are a few downsides to the service, but this is a discount to the normal season rate.

1. Local and national games are blacked-out. This includes local FSN/Comcast, NBCSN, and NHL Network games. Therefore, you won't be able to get all Wings games unless you have these channels. The Wings are on NBCSN ~10 times and NHL-N ~10 times throughout the season.

2. In the US (and likely Canada) the playoffs are not shown on Gamecenter. This is because all games are shown on cable.

Gamecenter determines your location based on your IP address. Therefore, blackouts will depend on your (internet) location on a given day.

NHL Gamecenter Live is $50 for the (half) season this year. Here is the link- http://gamecenterlive.nhl.com/

There are a few downsides to the service, but this is a discount to the normal season rate.

1. Local and national games are blacked-out. This includes local FSN/Comcast, NBCSN, and NHL Network games. Therefore, you won't be able to get all Wings games unless you have these channels. The Wings are on NBCSN ~10 times and NHL-N ~10 times throughout the season.

2. In the US (and likely Canada) the playoffs are not shown on Gamecenter. This is because all games are shown on cable.

Gamecenter determines your location based on your IP address. Therefore, blackouts will depend on your (internet) location on a given day.

In the past blackout lasted couple of days. So you could watch the game, just not when it matters.

Gamecenter live is good but has some problems. Recording sucks and picture quality can be so-so if you're streaming on anything but a good PC. Blackouts too, obviously.

Center Ice is fifty bucks as well. Just go with that if it's available to you. If you have a DVR, you will be able to record games and won't suffer through stupid blackouts. Picture quality most of the time is HD.

So is it safe to assume that if every game is blacked out on FSD here in Austin then pretty much it will be the same on Gamecenter?

From the forum rules:

LetsGoWings.com does not condone illegal content sharing/streaming on the web site and all links will be removed.

Not to be overly scrupulous, but you aren't quoting the full rule. So it's being taken out of context

· DON'T post to torrent sites. LetsGoWings.com does not condone illegal content sharing/streaming on the web site and all links will be removed.

That is the full rule. How it is described it would apply to material that would be downloaded through file sharing/hosting means. Plus it only outlines links as being the offending way that would go against said rule.

As far as I know people were only mentioning alternatives in context of the discussion of GameCenter Live. If they were actively linking that that would incite potential post removal. Otherwise discussing of it would not be against the rules.

Now if the rules said something along the lines of:

"You are not permitted to discuss or mention anything that could be perceived as illegal or illegitimate"

Then I could see cause for removal of any type of open discussion on the subject.

ok i just purchased gamecenter....so it seems to be working but how do I get to the nhl vault to watch old games. Everytime i click on "watch classic games" it takes me to signing up for the vault. I thought that the vault came with gamecenter.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Not to be overly scrupulous, but you aren't quoting the full rule. So it's being taken out of context

I've updated the rule. In light of events that happened last season I've taken a firmer stance on this: No links to illegal streams, no instructions on how to access them, etc.. Normally I wouldn't go this route, but I can't put the site at risk legally. It's not worth it.

This isn't big evil Matt coming down hard on everyone just to be a pain in the ass, it's just not worth dancing the line until I get certified letter from a lawyer in the mail.

I bought Center Ice this year and can't wait. 49.99 is a pretty reasonable price, I know a lot of people were saying it should be free do to the lockout but I just didn't see that happening.

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice :clap:

Does game centre work outwith north America?

Two questions. 1 where's the fife? 2 gimme the fife.

But seriously, I've read that yes you can. I'd email them and ask about any blockages overseas though just to cover your ass and be sure in case you pay and it doesn't work.

Here's what they say about Vault:

What is NHL Vault™?
NHL Vault™ is a monthly subscription offering post-game replays from a five-year game archive plus access to an extensive library of classic games dating back to the 1960s, all for the low price of $4.95 per month. It is free for all NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers.

The five-year game archive includes full-length and condensed 10-15 minute replays of every game since the 2007-2008 season, including post-replays added nightly from the current season.* Sign up at nhl.com/vault

*Full-length replays from the current season are subject to in-market and national blackouts in the US and Canada. If the game was available to watch live on television in your local area, the full-length replay will become available 48-hours after game completion. All other games are available next day. There are no blackout regulations on condensed replays.

To see what teams are considered in-market and are therefore, unavailable to watch within 48-hours of game completion, pleasecheck your zip code.

---

Don't know if it works or not. GameCenter Live probably isn't as much of an out-of-market "necessity" as it would be full seasons where more games were unavailable nationally, but for only $50 and with a variety of options where I could watch it (Apple TV, Roku, iPad, iPhone, computer), I think it's worth a shot. If the quality is absolutely terrible, then I'll know not to waste more money next year. Hopefully it's at least as good as MLB's streaming service.

I've updated the rule. In light of events that happened last season I've taken a firmer stance on this: No links to illegal streams, no instructions on how to access them, etc.. Normally I wouldn't go this route, but I can't put the site at risk legally. It's not worth it.

This isn't big evil Matt coming down hard on everyone just to be a pain in the ass, it's just not worth dancing the line until I get certified letter from a lawyer in the mail.

I don't blame you at all, Matt. Big Sis is coming down hard on anything that even smells like its illegal.

That said, isn't the "unnamed other popular hockey streaming site" is arguably legal for those in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland since Gamecenter isn't available there? Come on Nordic people... :innocent:

Also, the GCL price isn't much cheaper. Price last year was around 80 cents per day, now its 50 cents. Its a discount, but they sure aren't breaking the bank to bring us back.

The big thing is how many games get blacked out on GCL versus other options. It is frustrating that things get blacked out when not everyone chooses to get Cable and only want internet. I imagine any Wings game on NBC will be considered blacked out even though I don't get it here in Canada because I choose not to have Cable. Same could be said for anything they choose to put on TSN or CBC.

The question becomes do i feel comfortable paying 50 bucks for 2/3rds of wings games

Edited by metalkorn

I don't blame you at all, Matt. Big Sis is coming down hard on anything that even smells like its illegal.

That said, isn't the "unnamed other popular hockey streaming site" is arguably legal for those in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland since Gamecenter isn't available there? Come on Nordic people... :innocent:

Also, the GCL price isn't much cheaper. Price last year was around 80 cents per day, now its 50 cents. Its a discount, but they sure aren't breaking the bank to bring us back.

The site (and any like it) is illegal based on it's unauthorized rebroadcast of copyrighted material, not the availability of gamecenter.

And i know what you mean about the discount. $50 is pretty good I guess, but they're hardly bending over backwards to win back fans.

Here's what they say about Vault:

What is NHL Vault™?

NHL Vault™ is a monthly subscription offering post-game replays from a five-year game archive plus access to an extensive library of classic games dating back to the 1960s, all for the low price of $4.95 per month. It is free for all NHL GameCenter LIVE™ subscribers.

The five-year game archive includes full-length and condensed 10-15 minute replays of every game since the 2007-2008 season, including post-replays added nightly from the current season.* Sign up at nhl.com/vault

*Full-length replays from the current season are subject to in-market and national blackouts in the US and Canada. If the game was available to watch live on television in your local area, the full-length replay will become available 48-hours after game completion. All other games are available next day. There are no blackout regulations on condensed replays.

To see what teams are considered in-market and are therefore, unavailable to watch within 48-hours of game completion, pleasecheck your zip code.

---

Don't know if it works or not. GameCenter Live probably isn't as much of an out-of-market "necessity" as it would be full seasons where more games were unavailable nationally, but for only $50 and with a variety of options where I could watch it (Apple TV, Roku, iPad, iPhone, computer), I think it's worth a shot. If the quality is absolutely terrible, then I'll know not to waste more money next year. Hopefully it's at least as good as MLB's streaming service.

awesome thank you. I do have a question. I'm dumb when it comes to the blackout rules and all of that but per the zip code lookup only thing blacked out should be the dallas games...so why is it when I have the fox sports channels i never get any wings games on FSD. they are always blacked out....and since they are blacked out there does that mean on this game center they will be blacked out as well?

The site (and any like it) is illegal based on it's unauthorized rebroadcast of copyrighted material, not the availability of gamecenter.

And i know what you mean about the discount. $50 is pretty good I guess, but they're hardly bending over backwards to win back fans.

The painful reality of life is that if a business doesn't have to kiss your ass, they will never do a thing for you. Good customer service? Deals? None of it is charity. There is no charity in business. So their giving of a discount is a good but not great effort at appeasing us, and it's pretty much exactly as much effort as they need to put in to please Average Joe, and no more. It sucks but whatever. Whether or not you decide to forgive them at this rate is a personal choice.

Personally I may get this (probably not) but I know full well that my dollar amount over the long haul, over the next 8-10 years, will drop from what it would've been had I been a more satisfied customer. And it isn't even because of a forced punishment. Losing hockey this long kinda genuinely hurt my interest.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

50$ is not huge money, especially if this is the only alternative to illegal streams in a country like Netherlands. and yep, I could stomach the price and the fact that a lot of games are played at more than barbaric time of the night local time (7pm EST being 1am CET)...

did anyone outside US/Canada try it and could confirm it works?

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="haroldsnepsts" data-cid="2340327" data-time="1358286009"><p>

<br />

The site (and any like it) is illegal based on it's unauthorized rebroadcast of copyrighted material, not the availability of gamecenter. <br />

<br />

And i know what you mean about the discount. $50 is pretty good I guess, but they're hardly bending over backwards to win back fans. </p></blockquote>

Im just gonna stream. I dont need to pay the nhl anything for a while.

I just signed up for gamecenter. being in canada i should get a fair chunk of the wings games live outside of NBC, TSN and HNIC.

What I don't get i'll find a stream for. HNIC has online streams for their games.

50 bucks is not a bad offer really. Cheaper then the cable Super Sports Pack that has OHL, NBA etc. that I would have to pay 25 bucks a month for with a cable provide in my area.