• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

NHL Gamecenter Live **No illegal stream discussion**

Rate this topic

I bought Center Ice this year and can't wait. 49.99 is a pretty reasonable price, I know a lot of people were saying it should be free do to the lockout but I just didn't see that happening.

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice :clap:

All I'm seeing is "NHL Center Ice currently not for sale". I want to see that first game, Saturday...guess I'll call Comcast

All I'm seeing is "NHL Center Ice currently not for sale". I want to see that first game, Saturday...guess I'll call Comcast

I don't know about Comcast, but some of the other providers are waiting until the 19th to open registration. However, these providers are also having a free preview of CEnter Ice for the first week.

I don't know about Comcast, but some of the other providers are waiting until the 19th to open registration. However, these providers are also having a free preview of CEnter Ice for the first week.

My wife just orderred it for $9.95 a month...?. (Comcast Center Ice) She said she was suprised we could get it at all because we have the absolute most basic Comcast Package offerred, with no sports stations. Maybe that's why it's monthly instead of $49.95 (?).

Whatever. I just want to see how tis team is going to work out.

Is there any Center Ice programming on during non game times? Like NHL documentaries or whatever?

Edited by T.Low

My wife just orderred it for $9.95 a month...?. (Comcast Center Ice) She said she was suprised we could get it at all because we have the absolute most basic Comcast Package offerred, with no sports stations. Maybe that's why it's monthly instead of $49.95 (?).

Whatever. I just want to see how tis team is going to work out.

Is there any Center Ice programming on during non game times? Like NHL documentaries or whatever?

Nope. Just blank screens that will likely feed you the local feed of one of the teams right at game time. Occasionally they'll play a pregame show if it tunes into the same channel a half hour early but rarely.

I went ahead and bought the $50 GameCenter Live subscription. It's actually a good year for a new user to try it out, given the shorter season and decreased price.

HOWEVER, a note to Roku users, Roku and/or the NHL screwed up with the lockout and it does not look like it will be working on Roku (as it did last year) until possibly late February. Really, it's pretty unacceptable.

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=54018

They give you a code to enter within the Roku app, but when you go to the NHL website to enter it in, it's nowhere to be found. The $49 little Roku LT and Roku HD sell for about 1/2 the price of an Apple TV, and have become pretty popular. However, the lack of Roku support is doubly painful because it doesn't allow me to access NHL Vault, either, which is part of the subscription, yet does not work on Apple TV.

I do have an Apple TV upstairs in a different room, and I have other iOS devices. The iPhone app looks completely ready to go. The Apple TV app allowed me to log in and authenticate, but otherwise has not changed from the recaps of last year's Finals that have been there for months. I expect (hope) this will change for tomorrow's openers.

Edited by StormJH1

I went ahead and bought the $50 GameCenter Live subscription. It's actually a good year for a new user to try it out, given the shorter season and decreased price.

HOWEVER, a note to Roku users, Roku and/or the NHL screwed up with the lockout and it does not look like it will be working on Roku (as it did last year) until possibly late February. Really, it's pretty unacceptable.

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=54018

They give you a code to enter within the Roku app, but when you go to the NHL website to enter it in, it's nowhere to be found. The $49 little Roku LT and Roku HD sell for about 1/2 the price of an Apple TV, and have become pretty popular. However, the lack of Roku support is doubly painful because it doesn't allow me to access NHL Vault, either, which is part of the subscription, yet does not work on Apple TV.

I do have an Apple TV upstairs in a different room, and I have other iOS devices. The iPhone app looks completely ready to go. The Apple TV app allowed me to log in and authenticate, but otherwise has not changed from the recaps of last year's Finals that have been there for months. I expect (hope) this will change for tomorrow's openers.

so i have the nhl gamecenter app on my vizo apps. I wonder if it will show the games or is it just for vault?

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I see yeah I don't have cable trying to save a buck. So I watch all my sports online these days. Decisions decisions

I'm also a Wings fan in Minnesota. The national games for Detroit are almost half the season this year, but I decided to try out GameCenter anyway. But yes, it's a bummer for people that don't even have the cable subscription that their streaming options are dictated by the cable providers they could have gotten the game on. I think a couple of the games are NBC on the weekend, so presumably you could see those, but NBC Sports Network and NHL Network are a no.

so i have the nhl gamecenter app on my vizo apps. I wonder if it will show the games or is it just for fault?

Guess we'll find out tomorrow. I don't understand why there should be any issues given that it's not even like these are "new" apps. They should have been ready in October and just "flipped the switch", but I guess not.

I see yeah I don't have cable trying to save a buck. So I watch all my sports online these days. Decisions decisions

With the schedule, it is more attractive to the NHL fans for this season. It might not make sense for only watching half of the Wings games, but it starts to if you watch a lot of other teams.

Hey guys, those of you with previous NHL Gamecentre Live subscriptions were your credit cards charged already? I am trying to figure out if I have paid already because last year I put the fee on a friends card (permission permitting of course) and paid them. And I haven't touched my billing info from last year so I assume it rolled over and charged that same credit card. Help is appreciated!

I bought Center Ice this year and can't wait. 49.99 is a pretty reasonable price, I know a lot of people were saying it should be free do to the lockout but I just didn't see that happening.

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice :clap:

So you're the reason I couldn't get the GOWINGS license plate!

awesome thank you. I do have a question. I'm dumb when it comes to the blackout rules and all of that but per the zip code lookup only thing blacked out should be the dallas games...so why is it when I have the fox sports channels i never get any wings games on FSD. they are always blacked out....and since they are blacked out there does that mean on this game center they will be blacked out as well?

What that means is that the only team for which you will be blacked out of every game on GameCenter Live is the Dallas Stars, since you are in their regional sports network's market (FS Southwest). As for the television, if you subscribe to all of the Fox Sports channels, you get those channels, but they have already arranged for Center Ice to be the means by which the NHL games are distributed out of the regional markets, so the only way you will be able to watch FSD broadcasts of Red Wings games on TV is if you get Center Ice, that essentially "unlocks" the out of market hockey games on the RSNs, and also adds a dedicated channel for each game when it is being aired.

Hey guys, those of you with previous NHL Gamecentre Live subscriptions were your credit cards charged already? I am trying to figure out if I have paid already because last year I put the fee on a friends card (permission permitting of course) and paid them. And I haven't touched my billing info from last year so I assume it rolled over and charged that same credit card. Help is appreciated!

The email they sent me said they would charge it on 1/22.

Mine was, but NYI game is working very well for me right now- the quality is better than any illegal stream I've seen.

I cannot get PIP to work though. However, using the pop-up player I can acheive the same effect.

I can't get it to load on my xbox, ipad, or iphone. It's just down for me.