• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#41 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

I bought Center Ice this year and can't wait. 49.99 is a pretty reasonable price, I know a lot of people were saying it should be free do to the lockout but I just didn't see that happening.

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice  :clap:

So you're the reason I couldn't get the GOWINGS license plate!

#42 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

awesome thank you. I do have a question. I'm dumb when it comes to the blackout rules and all of that but per the zip code lookup only thing blacked out should be the dallas games...so why is it when I have the fox sports channels i never get any wings games on FSD. they are always blacked out....and since they are blacked out there does that mean on this game center they will be blacked out as well?

What that means is that the only team for which you will be blacked out of every game on GameCenter Live is the Dallas Stars, since you are in their regional sports network's market (FS Southwest).  As for the television, if you subscribe to all of the Fox Sports channels, you get those channels, but they have already arranged for Center Ice to be the means by which the NHL games are distributed out of the regional markets, so the only way you will be able to watch FSD broadcasts of Red Wings games on TV is if you get Center Ice, that essentially "unlocks" the out of market hockey games on the RSNs, and also adds a dedicated channel for each game when it is being aired.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#43 kook_10

kook_10

I Like Our Team

• Gold Booster
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Hey guys, those of you with previous NHL Gamecentre Live subscriptions were your credit cards charged already? I am trying to figure out if I have paid already because last year I put the fee on a friends card (permission permitting of course) and paid them. And I haven't touched my billing info from last year so I assume it rolled over and charged that same credit card. Help is appreciated!

The email they sent me said they would charge it on 1/22.

works every time

#44 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Is anyone else's NHL Gamecenter painfully slow to load?

#45 Branton87

Branton87

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I won't even buy beer if it has any NHL logo on it this year. The lockout has me sour. I'm excited to see the Wings play again but I feel betrayed by the league still. 

#46 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Is anyone else's NHL Gamecenter painfully slow to load?

Mine was, but NYI game is working very well for me right now- the quality is better than any illegal stream I've seen.

I cannot get PIP to work though. However, using the pop-up player I can acheive the same effect.

#47 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:08 PM

Mine was, but NYI game is working very well for me right now- the quality is better than any illegal stream I've seen.

I cannot get PIP to work though. However, using the pop-up player I can acheive the same effect.

I can't get it to load on my xbox, ipad, or iphone. It's just down for me.

#48 Zetterling

Zetterling

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

this is bad. worst loss in long time.

#49 mule

mule

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

If the Wings play like they did last night against Columbus and Dallas I'll probably just cancel my Gamecenter and save myself $50 and an aneurysm.

#50 Dirty Dangle

Dirty Dangle

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

GameCenter was a complete disaster last night, just like the Wings game.

#51 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice  :clap:

Wow, very weird, but that is the same with the wife and myself. However, I am stuck in Bruins territory so we always have the B's on.

I was thinking about GCL, but the price and value don't work for me. $50 isn't bad, but NHL network games being blacked out!?! That is beyond dumb. The Wings are on nationally/NHL network too often for GCL to make sense for me.

Posted Image

#52 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,594 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

GameCenter was a complete disaster last night, just like the Wings game.

I called them up last night because the wings game was blacked out for me and I'm in Austin Texas. The only games that should be blacked out per the zip look up is of course dallas. When I talked to the folks for the gamecenter support they said my IP was showing that I was in the Detroit area for some reason so they did an IP override and now I should be fine with the games.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#53 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game.  Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game.  Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon.  Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh.  They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.

#54 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mikeal" data-cid="2342829" data-time="1358731629"><p>
I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game.  Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game.  Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon.  Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh.  They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.</p></blockquote>

The Flyers game was on NBC.com and thus blacked out everywhere in the US.

#55 Mikeal

Mikeal

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 199 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mikeal" data-cid="2342829" data-time="1358731629"><p>
I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game.  Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game.  Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon.  Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh.  They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.</p></blockquote>

The Flyers game was on NBC.com and thus blacked out everywhere in the US.

Morons should post a link then  Why wouldn't gamecenter tell you that?

#56 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mikeal" data-cid="2342831" data-time="1358732246"><p>
 <br />
Morons should post a link then  Why wouldn't gamecenter tell you that?</p></blockquote>

No idea, but NBC has been showing their games online for a few years.

#57 kylee

kylee

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

Gonna go ahead and buy it Friday. Pretty stoked to see how it handles via my phone and stuff

#58 metalkorn

metalkorn

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Despite the initial dramas on saturday night i'm loving it. HD quality on the Xbox. Then if you know how to get around blackout restrictions then it's all the more awesome. Who needs Cable TV.

#59 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

If you have an ipad and GCL and are in a blackout area, hotspot VPN APP found on http://m.hotspotshie.../more-info.html allows you to watch the Wings games on GCL. This is my first time trying it and it works flawlessly for me. It's a free app, but I'm sure Dow. The road you'll have to pay for it at some point. Enjoy.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#60 Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Rookie

• HoF Booster
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I signed up for NHL Vault only as I rarely am able to watch games live and supposedly can watch them 24 hours later or 48 hours later if blacked out.

So as of this posting time the current 2013 season games are not in the NHL Vault to watch.  I called the support line this morning to inquire about this and they told me that they are having a significant amount of problems with getting the content all set up for this season and also that the blackout rules have apparently changed and they are trying to sort them out, hopefully by the end of the week.