• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

NHL Gamecenter Live **No illegal stream discussion**

Rate this topic

Me being a die hard Wings fan and my wife a huge Bruins fan, we love our Center Ice :clap:

Wow, very weird, but that is the same with the wife and myself. However, I am stuck in Bruins territory so we always have the B's on.

I was thinking about GCL, but the price and value don't work for me. $50 isn't bad, but NHL network games being blacked out!?! That is beyond dumb. The Wings are on nationally/NHL network too often for GCL to make sense for me.

GameCenter was a complete disaster last night, just like the Wings game.

I called them up last night because the wings game was blacked out for me and I'm in Austin Texas. The only games that should be blacked out per the zip look up is of course dallas. When I talked to the folks for the gamecenter support they said my IP was showing that I was in the Detroit area for some reason so they did an IP override and now I should be fine with the games.

I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game. Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game. Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon. Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh. They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mikeal" data-cid="2342829" data-time="1358731629"><p>

I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game. Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game. Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon. Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh. They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.</p></blockquote>

The Flyers game was on NBC.com and thus blacked out everywhere in the US.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Mikeal" data-cid="2342829" data-time="1358731629"><p>

I was in Minnesota and blacked out of the Pens/Flyers game. Wasn't on TV locally just the Kings game. Then gamecenter wouldn't even load games in the afternoon. Today I've randomly gotten incorrect blackout notifications that go away on refresh. They are #$%^ing a lot of stuff up.</p></blockquote>

The Flyers game was on NBC.com and thus blacked out everywhere in the US.

Morons should post a link then Why wouldn't gamecenter tell you that?

Despite the initial dramas on saturday night i'm loving it. HD quality on the Xbox. Then if you know how to get around blackout restrictions then it's all the more awesome. Who needs Cable TV.

If you have an ipad and GCL and are in a blackout area, hotspot VPN APP found on http://m.hotspotshield.com/more-info.html allows you to watch the Wings games on GCL. This is my first time trying it and it works flawlessly for me. It's a free app, but I'm sure Dow. The road you'll have to pay for it at some point. Enjoy.

I signed up for NHL Vault only as I rarely am able to watch games live and supposedly can watch them 24 hours later or 48 hours later if blacked out.

So as of this posting time the current 2013 season games are not in the NHL Vault to watch. I called the support line this morning to inquire about this and they told me that they are having a significant amount of problems with getting the content all set up for this season and also that the blackout rules have apparently changed and they are trying to sort them out, hopefully by the end of the week.

Since this thread got bumped, how have you guys felt about GameCenter Live?

This is my first time with the service, and I've been generally pretty pleased. I'm an out-of-market fan, and have been able to see at least part of every game so far, which is awesome.

I've tried it on a variety of different mobile devices and set-top boxes. AppleTV is an easy-to-use interface, but is a little barebones. Surprisingly, the Roku version gives you far more features, including highlights/condensed game packages and access to NHL Vault (Classic Games). The picture quality is generally pretty good, and the stream doesn't shut down for re-buffering, though every once in awhile you'll get a studdering feed that can be a big annoying.

On iPad and iPhone, the GCL app works great so long as you're on WiFi. If the Wings aren't on, I like to set the iPad up to some other game and then hop around from game to game during intermissions.

The blackouts are obnoxious, but that's the way it is for MLB At-Bat and other services too. What makes no sense to me is that GCL feeds show the local commercials, as well, so why does it matter if you're watching through Comcast or through an app that distributes the same advertising content? There are times I'd like to watch the Red Wings (or even the Wild) when I can't be near a TV, but the blackouts prevent that from happening, which is just stupid.

Edited by StormJH1

Its ridiculous that i could watch last night and today not.

Don't think its worth time to complain to the NHL

Is the game on any TV channels (whether or not your provider carries the channel) in your area? My cable provider doesn't offer NHL network, but it is available in my area so I get blacked out for those games.

The blackouts are unfortunate, but they make business sense. The channels make more money on advertisements when more people watch the channel, and internet/GCL customers aren't counted in these numbers. Therefore, the blackout makes sense because it encourages more people to subsribe to and watch the channels available to them. However, the ratings companies are starting to monitor online activity, so we may see a change in the next decade (I doubt it though).

Yes i can, but i paid already for gamecenter live.

It takes about 10 mins to talk to someone and have them get your IP and fix it all for you. I had the same thing going on. I had every wings game blocked and im in Texas until I talked to them and they fixed it for me now i get every game unless they play dallas.

It takes about 10 mins to talk to someone and have them get your IP and fix it all for you. I had the same thing going on. I had every wings game blocked and im in Texas until I talked to them and they fixed it for me now i get every game unless they play dallas.

Are you getting the NHL-N games?

Not sure you can answer this but I live in Florida, is this possible for

Me as well?

Since creating a new thread for just one question looked unnecessary to me, I instead dug up this one..

Question is..does anyone know if there is an active promo code for Gamecenter Live to lower the price a little bit? I know, 99,95$ or ~78,50€ isn't that expensive, especially when you translate it into "per game"-prices...but if I could save a few bucks, I would.. ;)