• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WorkingOvertime

NHL Gamecenter Live **No illegal stream discussion**

Rate this topic

I have a question that perhaps you guys could help out with. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we decided not to get cable/satellite, simply because I'm too busy with school and she's too busy with work to make the purchase worth it. I'm still interested in watching Red Wings games, but I understand that having NHL Game Center only allows you to watch games that are outside of your market area. Seeing as how I'm about 20 minutes north of Joe Louis, I suspect that Game Center won't allow me to watch Red Wings games unless I work through a proxy, which i would rather not deal with.

Do I have any (legal) alternatives?

Edited by Echolalia

The only legal way I know of to watch NHL games is gamecenter. I'm in the same boat regarding cutting cable but still wanting to watch games. It's frustrating.

Also, I deleted a post that mentioned another site, which is an offshore illegal rebroadcast of NHL games. So just a friendly reminder from the forum rules:

· DON'T post links to torrent or illegal streaming websites. LetsGoWings.com does not condone the sharing of illegal content on this web site and all links will be removed. (This also includes instructions on how to set up or view illegal streaming feeds without overtly linking to them.)

harold: Did you really need to delete my whole post? :eh:

It might be illegal to use offshore sites offering whatsoever, but afaik there is still no jurisdiction on the use of vpn services..at least I haven't heard of anyone in Germany getting into trouble for pretending to be somewhere else while registering for something. Or accessing something you already paid for. ;)

harold: Did you really need to delete my whole post? :eh:

It might be illegal to use offshore sites offering whatsoever, but afaik there is still no jurisdiction on the use of vpn services..at least I haven't heard of anyone in Germany getting into trouble for pretending to be somewhere else while registering for something. Or accessing something you already paid for. ;)

You made a post about an illegal streaming site directly after my post explaining it was against forum rules. I was originally going to edit your post but there would've only been one sentence left so I deleted instead.

Ok, so far my google results are:

1. No promo code whatsoever except the one from NHL 15 (which only makes sense if you were going to buy that game anyway..).

2. The regular international price of 99,95$ can be cut to 74,95$, if you are from Eastern Europe. :innocent:

As for 2., I don't know if and to what extent that works inside the US.

Edited by The Datsyukian Deke

I have a question that perhaps you guys could help out with. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we decided not to get cable/satellite, simply because I'm too busy with school and she's too busy with work to make the purchase worth it. I'm still interested in watching Red Wings games, but I understand that having NHL Game Center only allows you to watch games that are outside of your market area. Seeing as how I'm about 20 minutes north of Joe Louis, I suspect that Game Center won't allow me to watch Red Wings games unless I work through a proxy, which i would rather not deal with.

Do I have any (legal) alternatives?

If live games aren't (as) important to you, NHL Vault is a less expensive legal alternative that will allow you to watch full replays the day after each game.

Just signed up for this for the first time now that I'm living in Nashville. Love those proxy servers...

And maybe I was confused, but the last few years, I thought Game Center Live had preseason streams, but when I go to "Todays Games" in the app or on Apple TV, it still just has the last Stanley Cup Finals game from June.

Just signed up for this for the first time now that I'm living in Nashville. Love those proxy servers...

And maybe I was confused, but the last few years, I thought Game Center Live had preseason streams, but when I go to "Todays Games" in the app or on Apple TV, it still just has the last Stanley Cup Finals game from June.

Yeah it'll update once the season starts.

Does anyone know if the FCC ruling re: blackouts is going to have any real effect on games streaming and/or seeing them on tv? Because if I can just pony up the $10 bucks a month for the Fox Sports package through AT&T and get ALL of the Red Wings games that are on FSN-D (that aren't simultaneously broadcast on NHL Network or NBCSN) then I'd much rather do that than buy GCL again.

I was trying to get the jist of all that, but it mostly discussed the repercussions for the NFL instead of any of the other sports leagues.

Does anyone know if the FCC ruling re: blackouts is going to have any real effect on games streaming and/or seeing them on tv? Because if I can just pony up the $10 bucks a month for the Fox Sports package through AT&T and get ALL of the Red Wings games that are on FSN-D (that aren't simultaneously broadcast on NHL Network or NBCSN) then I'd much rather do that than buy GCL again.

I was trying to get the jist of all that, but it mostly discussed the repercussions for the NFL instead of any of the other sports leagues.

The FCC ruling will have no effect on blackouts at all. All the ruling means is that sports leagues no longer have government backing to support blacking out games if they aren't sell outs. The leagues still have private blackout rules baked into their contracts with broadcasters that extend beyond simple rules for non-sellout games, like only getting access to out of market games by paying for Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, or Center Ice.

Basically if you're not in Michigan where FSD is considered your local market, you will not be able to see non-nationally televised Wings' games without Center Ice or Gamecenter Live. (Legally that is, not that I condone illegal means) Simply buying a sports pack that gives you access to all of the local Fox Sports channels will mean you can watch everything else they broadcast but you'll still be blacked out from the actual games.

Edited by ogreslayer

Boo :( That's unfortunate. I get cheated out of enough Wings games by not having NHL Network available through my cable provider (and Gamecenter Live doesn't carry their own network..) I was hoping I could finally get around missing those games entirely.

The FCC ruling will have no effect on blackouts at all. All the ruling means is that sports leagues no longer have government backing to support blacking out games if they aren't sell outs. The leagues still have private blackout rules baked into their contracts with broadcasters that extend beyond simple rules for non-sellout games, like only getting access to out of market games by paying for Sunday Ticket, Extra Innings, or Center Ice.

Basically if you're not in Michigan where FSD is considered your local market, you will not be able to see non-nationally televised Wings' games without Center Ice or Gamecenter Live. (Legally that is, not that I condone illegal means) Simply buying a sports pack that gives you access to all of the local Fox Sports channels will mean you can watch everything else they broadcast but you'll still be blacked out from the actual games.

And that's why people tend to go down the non legal path most times. Greedy rich people only stuffing their pockets with more hard working tax payer money and depriving them of what they pay for.

I had Center Ice last year, and GameCenter the year before.

I decided to go with GameCenter this year because you can watch on any device anywhere. They will also split it into 8 $20 payments.

Center Ice is great if you plan on being home for all of the games anyway, and the games are shown in real time. GameCenter seems to be a few minutes behind for some reason, there is nothing worse than getting texts all game long telling you what is about to happen.

I have a coupon code from NHL15 for GameCenter that i wasnt able to use bc i did the $20 payments. PM me if you woud like the code (first come first).

Edited by Rick D

I only got charged $99.99? Are people paying more than that for GCL?

I just checked on nhl's site and "Rogers" nhl gamecenter live is now... get this, only $179.99 for the season *puke* I'm pretty sure you get your same rate you signed up with, only new customers get this special promotional rate, also referred to on the site as the early bird special *double puke*

Hi. I just signed up for GameCenter Live. However, after reading about the blackouts, I'm a bit confused. Does this mean that I won't be able to watch any Red Wings games live at all, as I live in the Detroit area or just the home games?

Edited by WingNut789

Hi. I just signed up for GameCenter Live. However, after reading about the blackouts, I'm a bit confused. Does this mean that I won't be able to watch any Red Wings games live at all, as I live in the Detroit area or just the home games?

Any games that are being broadcast on a channel available to you in your area, home or away, will be blacked out. There are ways around this.

Might want to read the FAQs about Gamecenter blackouts on the NHL's site here:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/ziplookup.htm?q=48201

You'll find one of the paragraphs in particular rather interesting.