NHL Gamecenter Live **No illegal stream discussion**

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#61 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

Last night i could see the Wings live thru gamecenter.

For tonights game it says; restriction due to blackout???

#62 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:53 AM

Last night i could see the Wings live thru gamecenter.

For tonights game it says; restriction due to blackout???

What's your location? For the US, the game last night was blacked out because it was on the NHL Network.

#63 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

Europe, Netherlands.

#64 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Since this thread got bumped, how have you guys felt about GameCenter Live?

This is my first time with the service, and I've been generally pretty pleased.  I'm an out-of-market fan, and have been able to see at least part of every game so far, which is awesome.

I've tried it on a variety of different mobile devices and set-top boxes.  AppleTV is an easy-to-use interface, but is a little barebones.  Surprisingly, the Roku version gives you far more features, including highlights/condensed game packages and access to NHL Vault (Classic Games).  The picture quality is generally pretty good, and the stream doesn't shut down for re-buffering, though every once in awhile you'll get a studdering feed that can be a big annoying.

On iPad and iPhone, the GCL app works great so long as you're on WiFi.  If the Wings aren't on, I like to set the iPad up to some other game and then hop around from game to game during intermissions.

The blackouts are obnoxious, but that's the way it is for MLB At-Bat and other services too.  What makes no sense to me is that GCL feeds show the local commercials, as well, so why does it matter if you're watching through Comcast or through an app that distributes the same advertising content?  There are times I'd like to watch the Red Wings (or even the Wild) when I can't be near a TV, but the blackouts prevent that from happening, which is just stupid.

Edited by StormJH1, 24 February 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#65 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Its ridiculous that i could watch last night and today not.

Don't think its worth time to complain to the NHL

Edited by Vittorino Casiraghi, 24 February 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#66 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

Its ridiculous that i could watch last night and today not.

Don't think its worth time to complain to the NHL

Is the game on any TV channels (whether or not your provider carries the channel) in your area? My cable provider doesn't offer NHL network, but it is available in my area so I get blacked out for those games.

The blackouts are unfortunate, but they make business sense. The channels make more money on advertisements when more people watch the channel, and internet/GCL customers aren't counted in these numbers. Therefore, the blackout makes sense because it encourages more people to subsribe to and watch the channels available to them. However, the ratings companies are starting to monitor online activity, so we may see a change in the next decade (I doubt it though).

#67 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Mine country doesnt show hockey at all, only stupid soccer.

That's why i bought gamecenter.

#68 hcdfanatic83

hcdfanatic83

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Mine country doesnt show hockey at all, only stupid soccer.

Tonights Game is on ESPN America. I'm pretty sure you can get that in the netherlands.

"Your God is logically impossible and can't even survive the most basic logical obstacles." -Greydon Square

#69 Vittorino Casiraghi

Vittorino Casiraghi

Draftee

• 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

Yes i can, but i paid already for gamecenter live.

#70 hcdfanatic83

hcdfanatic83

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

I know and I'm not saying you should get ESPN. But it is available in your area. That's why you can't watch tonights game on GCL.

"Your God is logically impossible and can't even survive the most basic logical obstacles." -Greydon Square

#71 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,591 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

Yes i can, but i paid already for gamecenter live.

It takes about 10 mins to talk to someone and have them get your IP and fix it all for you. I had the same thing going on. I had every wings game blocked and im in Texas until I talked to them and they fixed it for me now i get every game unless they play dallas.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#72 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

It takes about 10 mins to talk to someone and have them get your IP and fix it all for you. I had the same thing going on. I had every wings game blocked and im in Texas until I talked to them and they fixed it for me now i get every game unless they play dallas.

Are you getting the NHL-N games?

#73 evilmrt

evilmrt

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,583 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:25 PM

Watching the game on GCL, FSN-D feed. Yay.

#74 beachwing

beachwing

Reader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Not sure you can answer this but I live in Florida, is this possible for
Me as well?

#75 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:20 PM

Since creating a new thread for just one question looked unnecessary to me, I instead dug up this one..

Question is..does anyone know if there is an active promo code for Gamecenter Live to lower the price a little bit? I know, 99,95$ or ~78,50€ isn't that expensive, especially when you translate it into "per game"-prices...but if I could save a few bucks, I would.. ;)

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#76 Legendary D In 03

Legendary D In 03

San Diego Wings Fan!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:49 PM

If you bought nhl 15, there's a $25 off coupon
A complex man drawn off of simplicity.

#77 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 05:54 PM

I have a question that perhaps you guys could help out with. I recently moved in with my girlfriend and we decided not to get cable/satellite, simply because I'm too busy with school and she's too busy with work to make the purchase worth it. I'm still interested in watching Red Wings games, but I understand that having NHL Game Center only allows you to watch games that are outside of your market area. Seeing as how I'm about 20 minutes north of Joe Louis, I suspect that Game Center won't allow me to watch Red Wings games unless I work through a proxy, which i would rather not deal with.
Do I have any (legal) alternatives?

Edited by Echolalia, 27 September 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#78 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

The only legal way I know of to watch NHL games is gamecenter.   I'm in the same boat regarding cutting cable but still wanting to watch games.  It's frustrating. 

Also, I deleted a post that mentioned another site, which is an offshore illegal rebroadcast of NHL games.  So just a friendly reminder from the forum rules:

· DON'T post links to torrent or illegal streaming websites. LetsGoWings.com does not condone the sharing of illegal content on this web site and all links will be removed. (This also includes instructions on how to set up or view illegal streaming feeds without overtly linking to them.)

#79 The Datsyukian Deke

The Datsyukian Deke

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:42 PM

harold: Did you really need to delete my whole post? :eh:

It might be illegal to use offshore sites offering whatsoever, but afaik there is still no jurisdiction on the use of vpn services..at least I haven't heard of anyone in Germany getting into trouble for pretending to be somewhere else while registering for something. Or accessing something you already paid for. ;)

Lidstrom: "Retiring today allows me to walk away from the game with pride, rather than have the game walk away from me."

#80 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 27 September 2014 - 06:46 PM

harold: Did you really need to delete my whole post? :eh:

It might be illegal to use offshore sites offering whatsoever, but afaik there is still no jurisdiction on the use of vpn services..at least I haven't heard of anyone in Germany getting into trouble for pretending to be somewhere else while registering for something. Or accessing something you already paid for. ;)

You made a post about an illegal streaming site directly after my post explaining it was against forum rules.  I was originally going to edit your post but there would've only been one sentence left so I deleted instead.