• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingsFan19

Dan Cleary: Detroit Red Wings Impact Players

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

This dude is History after this year. He was great and worth double his salary for 2007-2009, but he's just a shadow of that now. I like him, but Andersson works in this year and gets Cleary's spot in 13/14.

For better or for worse, Cleary will be a Wing until he retires, in my opinion. At this stage of his career, I think it would be beneficial to the Red Wings if they let him go, but something tells me he'll play another couple years. I just can't see Detroit letting him go. He's 34. His production slipped last year. Love the way he plays, but it is becoming clear that his style of play is starting to beat him down.

Maybe he'll bounce back this year. I surely hope so.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="P. Marlowe" data-cid="2340239" data-time="1358269979"><p>

Two seasons ago he was Wings' best goalscorer. Last season he played with an injured leg and was in lots of pain. There was a surgery after last season and he should be okay now. You should wait until you see him actually play before making any judgements.</p></blockquote>

I hope you're right. It would be a huge boost in the arm for the Wings to get the Dan Cleary that single-handedly beat the Mighty Ducks that one playoff year with his net crashing, tenacity, toughness, and skill. I was all over 11's jock after that. He was like Helm but with good breaks and bounces during that time.

Ken Holland has stated

For better or for worse, Cleary will be a Wing until he retires, in my opinion. At this stage of his career, I think it would be beneficial to the Red Wings if they let him go, but something tells me he'll play another couple years. I just can't see Detroit letting him go. He's 34. His production slipped last year. Love the way he plays, but it is becoming clear that his style of play is starting to beat him down.

Maybe he'll bounce back this year. I surely hope so.

Ken Holland stated last year that Cleary is "a Wing for life" like Draper, Maltby and co. Can't find the article but it was in MLive I think. So Cleary will be re-signed and this season determines his contract.

Guest Crymson
This dude is History after this year. He was great and worth double his salary for 2007-2009, but he's just a shadow of that now. I like him, but Andersson works in this year and gets Cleary's spot in 13/14.

So he wasn't worth his career year in 2010-2011?

I have to agree with "The Axe".....Cleary has been injury prone these past few seasons, and with that his productivity has dropped

And again. Sometimes I wonder if some people just can't take the ten seconds to browse their memories before posting. This applies also to the statement that he is injury-prone, as the majority of his injuries have come from events that would have injured anybody; and his knee problems last season came of agreeing to forgo surgery in the previous offseason so as to not miss an extended period.

Edited by Crymson

I'm looking forward to seeing what he's got now that the knee has been taken care of. When healthy, I think Cleary's an asset to this team. Whether or not that surgery made him "healthy" remains to be seen. I'll reserve judgment until I see him on the ice.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="P. Marlowe" data-cid="2340254" data-time="1358273091"><p>

Ken Holland has stated<br />

<br />

<br />

Ken Holland stated last year that Cleary is "a Wing for life" like Draper, Maltby and co. Can't find the article but it was in MLive I think. So Cleary will be re-signed and this season determines his contract.</p></blockquote>

Ken Holland should be fired. Part of the reason we have guys playing for us 3 years past their usefulness. Bert, homer, sammy, etc.