• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Bleacher Report Top 100 Power Rankings

Rate this topic

I didn't go throught the whole list, one by one, who has time for that? But, the list looks really strange. People can argue about whether they think Crosby is the best in the world all they want, that's fine, either way, he should be near the top of the list. Also, people can argue all they want about Datsyuk and where he should rank on the list, you'll get a range of where people think he should be, but who would have him at #79? I think a logical person woudl start looking at offensive production coming down, him getting older, etc., but that isn't enough to push him that far back. Look at a lot of the guys ahead of him.

Beyond that, the list and the details are just weird. Some of the players they are using stats from 2 years ago, not last year (e.g. Kesler in at #7). How is Ovechkin at #2? If you want to be totally blinded by offsensive stats and push guys like Datsyuk way back (even though his offensive stats were still better than a lot of guys ahead of him), how can you not look at Ovechkin's stats and do the same thing. I get that he is still a great player, but #2?

I'm sure there are tons of other head scratchers in there, but not enough time now to go through it in detail.

Bleacher Report?

I get that, but there is a lot on that list that goes beyond what reasonable people would even debate about. People will debate any list that is put together, the issue is the glaringly bad placements of some players that I would imagine almost everyone would argue against.

Bleacher Report?

ibuWTOZViiNHOM.gif

Hey now, Bleacher Report is good for offering a way for joe schmoe to exhibit his or her contrived, uninspired, amateur writing. And that can be hilarious. Most articles read like if a real website let their writer and editor get hammered and only corrected the sdlkfjfjjjjjjjjjjjj from where they passed out on the keyboard.

Really though I wouldn't take anything on that site seriously. It's just average joes who can't write worth a lick. They know how to try and kinda sorta make the words sound professional, but the content doesn't sound professional whatsoever. Too many ignorant forum-style opinions when those opinions only survive on forums because the like-minded gather to reassure each other.

Edited by shoobiedoobin

I get that, but there is a lot on that list that goes beyond what reasonable people would even debate about. People will debate any list that is put together, the issue is the glaringly bad placements of some players that I would imagine almost everyone would argue against.

Well when he has to make a correction because he forgot someone like Anze Kopitar the season after his team won the Cup, you have to wonder how much actual thought he put it into the list.

Especially when you put Jack Johnson at 67??

MA Fleury at 21 right behind Quick at 20??

This list is all kinds of wrong.

a couple of things: Datsyuk at 79? Ya, ok. Doesn't dangle anymore? Ya, ok. It is great to see Hossa at #45 and Franzen at #......oh wait. Another thing, it's so funny to see the faces of Parise and Suter. Parise looks like he just crawled back up in his mothers womb and is all warm and cozy and Suter looks like he is saying, "this better ******* work out mama's boy!"

Oh and Crosby at #1? Hey, the NHL is back, it's time to start the cock sucking again! But the author says he was labeled "The Next One," am I missing something? I do believe Lindros was "The Next One." So that would make Cindy, "Ok, we were wrong about Eric, this kid is The Next One." Of course I laugh at Kesler in the top 10 as well.

Guest The Axe

Im SMH on a lot of the #21 thru #100, absolutely WTF on PK Subban, but the Top 20 aint too bad.

Guest mjtm77

Morrow is above dads and zetterberg. I no joke quit reading when i saw that. Who the f*** rote that? my girlfriend could have made a better list