• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

TooToo - the lovable little Tasmanian Devil

Rate this topic

Trotz had grown weary of him, for reasons no one - to my knowledge - has really unearthed. (My theory? The whistles.)

Granted I'm not a Tootoo fan but my theory is just that he's still too much of a defensive liability. As the Preds got better and more competitive his defensive lapses weren't worth the energy he brought.

I said this in the GDT, but this happened a lot in the first round of the playoffs last season.

Remember when towards the end of games, tough guys were being thrown out for jawing with other players or pushing and shoving? It's like proactive officiating. The refs were instructed by the league to throw tough guys out of games late, so that nothing would eventually escalate. The league was probably upset by the bad publicity the first round received last year.

This makes guys like Tootoo, and certainly enforcers, completely obsolete when they're not even allowed to do their jobs. It's like creating a new set of rules that don't already exist.

10 minute misconduct for being a tough guy and potentially starting a later altercation. Nice one NHL.

:thumbdown:

Ahh Bettman hard at work again, keep up the fine work, before you know it will be figure skating with pucks

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Dabura" data-cid="2342975" data-time="1358786596"><p>

Trotz had grown weary of him, for reasons no one - to my knowledge - has really unearthed. (My theory? The whistles.)</p></blockquote>

Tootoo sounded off in the playoffs last year about being benched in favor of some younger guys. But I dont think trotz was weary of him. The preds just weren't going to pay him 2 mil. I think they still have a good relationship.

He's already missed in Nashville. Even though he is a wing, most pred fans will always have a soft spot in their heart for the guy. In this day and age, in any sport, fans love heart and fans love hustle. Leave it all out on the ice and most fans will appreciate it. Your be hardpressed to find a bottom 6'er in the league that skates as hard, pushes his teammates, drops the gloves when needed, and can energize an entire arena the way he can.

Certainly does look like he'll have a busy season.

There's definitely a lot of people around the NHL who want to fight Tootoo. He's pissed off many people over the years. :lol:

I guess the Wings knew that before they signed him.

Has anyone else noticed that while Tootoo is a pretty good skater, he's awful at trying to stop? I guess if you've been hitting guys your whole life there's probably no reason to learn how to stop, but if you watch you'll get a kick out of it. Who was the kid from the Mighty Ducks movies who couldn't stop? Love the guy, and love that once he gets going he's either hitting a defenseman or hitting the glass, but he's never stopping.

Edited by kipwinger

That second fight was crazy... don't think I’ve ever seen 2 guy give each other so many kidney shots in an NHL fight.

If you watch it from the Dallas feed they make it seem like Tootoo got creamed in the second fight, it's funny cause I don't think there was a clear cut winner or loser in that fight, my favourite is that in the interview after hesaid he was good to go for a third fight lol, love having tootoo on the team!

EDIT: I also love mick singing on the replay of the first fight, his homerisms are priceless

Edited by Euro_Twins